|A u g u s t 2 7 , 2 0 0 8
M U L T I
- Namco Bandai and Koei have officially announced Gundam Musou 2 [Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2] for PS3, Xbox 360 and PS2, the game will be release on December 4, 2008 in Japan. The PS3/360 version will be sold for 7800 yen, and the PS2 version will be sold for 6800 yen.
- In an interview with Nomura and Toriyama from Dengeki, the two producers revealed that:
- Final Fantasy XIII will not be released for Xbox 360 in Japan.
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII for PS3 will be more like a traditional Final Fantasy game than FFXIII, in Versus XIII you travel across mountains, ocean, wandering in dungeons and battle with summon beasts and so on.
- Final Fantasy Agito XIII for PSP will be released after FFXIII.
- Here are the latest console game review scores from Japan:
DengekiAfrika (PS3, Sony) - 85, 90, 90, 70
Stranglehold (PS3, Midway) - 75, 85, 70, 80
J-League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship (PS2, Konami): 95, 90, 90, 90
Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! Battle Arena (PSP, Marvelous): 70, 75, 70, 60
Fate/Tiger Colosseum Upper (PSP, Capcom): 70, 70, 70, 60
FamitsuRainbow Pop (Wii, Interchannel): 6, 5, 5, 5 - (21/40)
Blue Dragon Plus (NDS, AQ Interactive): 8, 7, 7, 8 - (30/40)
Houkago no Mystery Club: 26 no Tobira (NDS, Interchannel): 4, 6, 4, 5 - (19/40)
Chi's Sweet Home: Chi ga Ouchi ni Yatte Kita! (NDS, Interchannel): 5, 5, 5, 5 - (20/40)
P S P
- Namco Bandai will release Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs Gundam for PSP in Japan in November 2008, for 5040 yen. A port of the latest arcade game, featuring over 32 playable characters from 15 series such as Gundam SEED, SEED Destiny, Gundam 00, and V-Gundam. The PSP version will focus on wireless multiplayer gameplay.
- Falcom announced Zwei!! for PSP, an action RPG ported over from PC, the game will have additional features not found in the original version, such as voice dialogs. Zwei!! will be released in winter 2008, for 5040 yen.
- Nippon Ichi announced Prinny for PSP, a new action RPG featuring Prinny from the Disgaea series as the protagonist, and will have 2D characters and 3D background. Prinny is the blue, pouch-wearing penguin in the game. Prinny will be released in Japan on November 20, 2008, for 5229 yen.
- Sega announced a new PSP music rhythm game called Hatsune Mike Project Diva, which allows you to create your own music, music videos and 3D animation. The game will be released in Japan in 2009.
W i i
- Jaleco announced a new Wii RPG called Kizuna, which will be released in winter 2008. The protagonist is a boy named Lian, the game will have massive battles and over 100 quests. The graphics will have pencil drawing effects. When fighting bosses, you can use the Wii Remote to point to the weak points.
X B O X 3 6 0
- Cave announced Death Smiles for Xbox 360, a shooter ported over from arcade, the 360 version will be released in 2009.