M U L T I
- Here are the latest console hardware sales in Japan for the week of April 28 - May 4:
- PSP - 100,870 [1,516,270]
- Wii - 71,518 [1,236,368]
- NDS Lite - 52,542 [1,212,654]
- PlayStation 3 - 10,177 [358,484]
- PlayStation 2 - 8,802 [195,444]
- Xbox 360 - 1,725 [49,433]
- Here are the latest console software sales in Japan for the week of April 28 - May 4:
- Mario Kart Wii (Wii, Nintendo) - 173,000 [1,120,000]
- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP, Capcom) - 102,000 [1,909,000]
- Link's Crossbow Training (Wii, Nintendo) - 93,000
- Wii Fit (Wii, Nintendo) - 52,000 [1,986,000]
- Meccha! Taiko no Tatsujin DS: 7-tsu no Shima no Daibouken (NDS, Bandai Namco) - 42,000 [98,000]
- Pokemon Ranger: Batonnage (NDS, Pokemon) - 31,000 [508,000]
- Boura wa Kaseki Holder (NDS, Nintendo) - 27,000 [84,000]
- Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles (PS3, Sega) - 24,000 [102,000]
- Deca Sporta: Wii de Sports 10 Shumoku! (Wii, Hudson) - 24,000 [186,000]
- Wii Sports (Wii, Nintendo) - 22,000 [2,959,000]
- DS Bimoji Training (NDS, Nintendo)
- Emblem of Gundam (NDS, Bandai Namco)
- Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! Fate of Heat (NDS, Takara Tomy)
- Hajimete no Wii [Wii Play] (Wii, Nintendo)
- Dairantou Smash Bros. X [Super Smash Bros. Brawl] (Wii, Nintendo)
- Mario Kart DS (NDS, Nintendo)
- Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin (PS2, Koei)
- Tottado! Yowiko's Deserted Island Life (NDS, Bandai Namco)
- Naruto Shippuuden: Shinobi Retsuden II (NDS, FIG)
- Family Stadium (Wii, Bandai Namco)
- Bandai Namco announced its 2009 fiscal year (April 1, 08 to March 31, 09) development plan:
- Nintendo DS - 34 titles
- Wii - 14 titles
- PSP - 14 titles
- PlayStation 2 - 11 titles
- PlayStation 3 - 6 titles
- Xbox 360 - 3 titles
- Others - 2 titles
- Here are the latest console game review score from Japan:
- Dungeon of Windaria (NDS, Compile Heat): 5, 6, 5, 6 - (22/40)
- Luminous Arc 2: Will (NDS, Marvelous): 7, 7, 7, 7 - (28/40)
- Ikuze! Gen-San: Yuuyake Daiku Monogatari (PSP, Irem): 6, 5, 6, 6 - (23/40)
- Bleach: Heat the Soul 5 (PSP, Sony): 7, 6, 7, 8 - (28/40)
- Totsugeki!! Famicom Wars VS (Wii, Nintendo): 7, 8, 7, 6 - (28/40)
- The Darkness (Xbox 360, Spike): 8, 8, 7, 7 - (30/40)
- Pandemic announced The Lord of the Rings: Conquest for PS3, Xbox 360 and NDS, the game will be published by Electronic Arts. The game supports 8 players online.
- Ken Kutaragi, the founder of Sony Computer Entertainment announced he will be joining Kadokawa Group Holdings as an external director in June 2008. Kadokawa Group Holdings is the parent company of Enterbrain (Famitsu, Dengeki) and Kadokawa Shoten.
- id Software announced the development of Doom 4, the company is currently hiring lead designers, producers and more.
- THQ announced 200 staffs will be dismissed from the studio, due to restructuring.
- Here are some new images of SNK Playmore's fighting game compilation Samurai
Spirits: Rokuban Shobu [Samurai Shodown Anthology], the PS2 version will have online battle, while the Wii version will have a play & catch mini game...
More images »»
W i i
- Nintendo announced its WiiWare puzzle game Dr. Mario will be renamed to Dr. Mario Online RX in US, the game will cost 1000 Wii Points.
- Ubisoft announced a new WiiWare shooter called Protothea, the game opponent AI will be dynamically adjusted based on players action. Protothea will be released on May 12, 2008.
- UNCONFIRMED: Sega's Wii music rhythm game Samba de Amigo could be the first "pay-to-play" game, user can purchase and download additional content online.
P L A Y S T A T I O N 3
- Here are some new images of Sony and Evolution Studios PS3 offroad
racing game MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, the game will
have 16 new race courses and new vehicle types like ATV, monster structs and rally cars....
More images »»
- Here are some new images of Sony and Slant Six's PS3 online shooter SOCOM: Confrontation, the game will have 7 different game modes, players can form a team with friends to play
online; you can also choose from 5 different Special Ops squads worldwide....
More images »»
- SCEI president Kaz Hirai said that the life cycle of PS3 will remain in 10 year, which is longer than their competitors. He also said Blu-ray remains the best solution for high-def multimedia because Internet download is very difficult and time consuming in some territories.
- Rockstar Games has released a new patch for the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV on PlayStation Network, which fixes the crashing problem.
- Sony announced over 5 million units of PlayStation 3 were sold in Europe since launch, and the PS3 sales has surpassed Xbox 360 in Europe. Total sales of PS2 has also passed 48 million units in Europe.
P L A Y S T A T I O N 2
- Sony announced the two PSP titles Wipeout Pulse and Daxter will be coming to PlayStation 2 this year. Daxter will be released in Europe on July 25, while Wipeout Pluse will be released on September 3.
- Sony Computer Entertainment Europe announced sales of three key PS2 titles in Europe.
- EyeToy series - 6.7 millions unit
- Sing Star series - 12 million units (include PS3 version)
- Buzz series - 6 million units
- Here are some new images of Banpresto's PS2 simulation RPG Super
Robot Taisen Z, the game will be released in Japan in 2008....
More images »»