The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 04-26-2002, 09:50 PM   #31
Iori

I remember back in the time when Square announced FFIX, X, and XI, they have also mentioned that Final Fantasy XII will "return to the tradition", i.e. with a less "serious", colorful and more relaxed theme like FFIX, and the characters will be super deformed like in Final Fantasy IX. So FFXII can't be a sequel to FFX because it will have a totally different style.
Old 04-27-2002, 11:00 AM   #32
teepo

you got ffxii mixed up with ffix
Old 04-27-2002, 01:55 PM   #33
typexig
-Drifter-

yeah.. you mixed up ffxii with ffix...back then they never mention how ffxii with look or play. they only annouced that they will be making ffxii..

-Xig-
typexig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 10:47 PM   #34
kaiser_z

The only 2 things i'm sure about ffxii being true is that its beaing made and its supposed to be the sadest yet
Old 04-27-2002, 10:57 PM   #35
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Actually

Quote:

The only 2 things i'm sure about ffxii being true is that its beaing made and its supposed to be the sadest yet
Actually, I think it just might be the opposite. The gameplay might be some of the best ever in a console RPG. The battle director of FFT is working on it so...

We seem to have juxtaposed an impasse here.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 02:19 AM   #36
Alucard

I think he means sad as in story. Since it's from the director of FFT and Vagrant story <I think that was director>, and both games ended on a sad note. Which is good in my book. A nasty story that rocks the main character all through the game with sadness and despair. Gonna rock!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 02:05 PM   #37
kaiser_z

I did mean story, sorry about the confusion, anyway

I also enjoy a game where the main character doesnt have the best luck and everything handed to him/her on a plate, but I do like seeing the main character be atleast somewhat happy in the end.
Old 04-29-2002, 10:01 PM   #38
Rubeus

I did remember Square has mentioned about bringing the Final Fantasy series "back to its root" for every 2 - 3 installments, because there are a lot of FF fans hoping to see the game to return to its original form. So we probably will see another FF game return to the "big head / small body" form like in FF9. Even if it is not FFXII, it will be FFXIII or FFXIV.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 01:41 AM   #39
typexig
-Drifter-

i dont mind sqaure going back to its root. but they should atleast design the character better..the design in ffix wasnt eye catching enought..the characters looks kinda weird in a way especially that guy that eats frogs..

-Xig-
Old 04-30-2002, 11:19 PM   #40
Alucard

At least the character designs are better then the ones in Kingdom Hearts. They are trashy.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 11:27 PM   #41
typexig
-Drifter-

i think the character design in KH are pretty good, the renew final fanatasy characters looks pretty nice, and Squal and Cloud looks tight..=)

-Xig-
Old 05-01-2002, 01:18 AM   #42
Seska

Well, I guess we have our answer on wether we will get FFX:2, what with square announcing they will make FF spinoff series based on certain characters.

I guess FFX: Another Story was a prologue after all!
Old 05-11-2002, 11:50 PM   #43
hootie17
sensing some hostility

Talking well...

i just beat ffx today and i absoulutly loved the ending
and i have heard from good sources that there def will be a ffx:2

LoSt I bE

"...to to continue is an honor and a privlidge, to continue is as to be reincarnated in reality and should be used wisely to do what is best to challenge the mistakes of the past and over come them..."
-Myself

I wAnT a KiRbY gAmE fOr Gc
hootie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 12:00 AM   #44
Pikachu

I heard the Final Fantasy spin-offs are to be started from FF12, so don't get too excited about FFX:2, it may just not even exist.
Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 02:50 AM   #45
Seska

Quote:
Originally posted by Pikachu
I heard the Final Fantasy spin-offs are to be started from FF12, so don't get too excited about FFX:2, it may just not even exist.
As far as I know, Square only mentioned they would make spinoffs of popular characters from their game. They didnt really implicitly say Final Fantasy. For all we know, there might be a spinoff game from Vagrant Story featuring Ashley Riot.

People do say FFX:2 might be msot probable considering FFX: Another Story and the fact that at the end of it Yuna and Rikku decide to go off on their own to discover whats happened to Tidus.

Wanna bet the game takes palce in some alternate dimension and features those three characters? Plus a new cast?

Oh and Alucard: KH doesnt look trashy. If anything, it is VERY faithful to Dusney character designs. The scene near the beginning with Donald running though the castle is EXACTLY like the animated Donald would be. So if anything, the design is simply very faithful to disney, which I think was the whole point of the game.

Now, wether in your opinion Disney Designs are trashy or not, thats a different subject. I for one as a child loved like any other the funny Donald and goofy animation shorts, so to me this game evokes a certain sense of nostalgia.

If it just weren't for Minnie-mouse who has the head the size of a watermelon...