The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 04-22-2002, 12:13 PM   #16
Alucard

It all depends on the rpg to me. Theres alot of different types. Like Morrowind for the PC. After having played Daggerfall in the past, this is second to none. I must play this rpg for ever!
Simulations I love too. I'm waiting on the new Grand Prix 4 for PC. Till then GT3 is all there is.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 12:45 PM   #17
THX 1138
Banned

Alucard, some people call GT3 the RPG of racing simulations. I guess that makes me an RPGer of sorts too.
Gawd! I'd thought I'd never say anything to the effect that I was an RPGer!
Excuse me, I've got to go wash my mouth out with soap.
THX 1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 02:39 PM   #18
teepo

rubus, your a complete ass. what so hard about saying sorry?
Old 04-22-2002, 05:39 PM   #19
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

So what do you guys think about my theory. I'am pretty sure there might be more explanation.

...Can't you still edit the thread and put spoilers on it?

We seem to have juxtaposed an impasse here.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 02:52 AM   #20
Seska

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebeus

It's obvious you are not even playing the game, you are just pulling people's leg. Why are you using two different aliases to "support" yourself?
Oh yes! You found me out, buddy! In fact, I am EVERYONE on this thread! Alucard, teepo, Overlord, THX 1138, spikeout - they are all me! So, technically, you are having this argument with only one person, namely ME! Mwa-ha! See, I find this topic and I find -you- so WORTHY of wasting so much of my time on. Doesnt it make you feel special?

Sheesh. Get real.

The simple fact is you revealed an aspect of the ending away for people who haven't played the game, and you don't even have the guts to admit you made a spoiler, let alone change the thread topic to avid any spoiling for more people. Thats all there is to it, and I am sure I can find ten times as many people that will support my point of view over yours. I don't need to "Make" more supporters on this board, though perhaps that is something you'd do yourself.

Take a chill pill, perhaps it will cure that paranoia you seem to be having. :p

As for OVerlor's "theory":

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

!

It makes sense to think that a new reality was made to accomodate the dreams that were Tidus and everyone else who lived with him in "his" Zanarkand. However, if a new dream were made for him, it would maybe have been made for all other dreams as well - including Jecht, perhaps?

According to the extra scene on FFX International, Tidus appears to be trapped in a cage accused of the crime of using machina to save "the summoner"; demanding to "see her". Maybe its a Tidus of an alternate reality, like in Chrono Cross? Who knows. The epoligue/prologue doesn't offer any answers but just opens more questions.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:20 AM   #21
typexig
-Drifter-

-SPOILER!!!!-
.................................................. .......................
.................................................. ......................

I think tidus is still alive..You know the part in the ending when tidus jumps off the airship to meet his dad and auron. Then he dove toward his dad and he was about to "give me five" his dad then the screen turned blank..Then later on the ending they showed yuna on a seaport wistling. then after the credits rolled we see tidus in the water waking up and going up to shore....hmmmm..heres what i think..

"Then he dove toward his dad and he was about to "give me five" his dad then the screen turned blank." - from this moment i think he became a real person. when was about to "give me five" his dad he fell in the sea down below..if you watch that part carefully, you'll see that below the clouds is the sea..-

"then later on the ending they showed yuna on a seaport wistling. " -for this scene i think yuna was trying to call tidus and she wanted to see if he'll return..cuz remember on that island where they had the blitzball tournement, Tidus told yuna that if she ever get lost all she have to do is wistle and he'll come..

"then after the credits rolled we see tidus in the water waking up and going up to shore....hmmmm..heres what i think.." - as for this. i think tidus heard yuna's wistle, that why he woke up....=)

-Xig-
typexig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 03:28 AM   #22
Phie

Don't put such a spoiler in the heading! Christ..... *growls*
Old 04-23-2002, 06:56 PM   #23
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Quote:
"then after the credits rolled we see tidus in the water waking up and going up to shore....hmmmm..heres what i think.." - as for this. i think tidus heard yuna's wistle, that why he woke up....=)
That may be true. But I don't think that was the true meaning. It's obvious that Tidus dissapered after the battle. So he was in a whole differant world or most likely dream. The Bahamut aeon said that he would stop dreaming after the Sin battle, and he did.
Shiva most likely

Now when he met Auron, Jeact, and Braska, I'm not sure if they were from the other side or pyreflies. Anyone know?

Old 04-23-2002, 10:03 PM   #24
Tashi Tashi

Uh, that was definitely a spoiler. An end of the game spoiler no less. Square may have leaked something about the game, but that doesn't make it cool to ruin other stuff for other gamers. Some who play RPGs for story, purposely avoid stuff like that. It's only common courtesy on message boards and in reviews to include spoiler alerts. Once on VGR I was looking at reviews to see if I wanted to buy Legend of Dragoon, and read 3 spoilers. I was pissed.
You may think you didn't spoil it, because there is room for interpreting the ending, but try to see it from someone else's perspective who is experiencing FFX with no clue what is going to happen. That is like the end of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

OK MOVIE SPOILER!!
At the end of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragaon, the girl jumps off the bridge. Does she die? Many people argue. Yes she died, no she knew that fancy kungfu and flew away. Either way, I donot want to know that she jumped off the bridge before I see the movie. I would rather wait, see the movie and experience it without knowing what happens, whether or not she lives, or dies.
FFX International SPOILER
N.E way, rumors are FFXII will be the first true FF sequel, that being to FFX. I beat the game, 130 hours (goddamn lightning dodge game *grumble grumble* damn Chocobos *grumble grumble*) and read the dialogue from FFX international and it does lend some validity to the rumor. And Tidus seems to be very much alive. So, I think it's true. Remember how Tidus kept saying this is my story? Well FFXII seems to be another character's story. I'm not gonna say which! But it's kinda obvious if you think about it. It is a love story. **SWOON**:p
Old 04-23-2002, 10:19 PM   #25
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Butterflies are Evil!

For me geting the Venus Sigil by doing the lightning bolts dodging, only took 3 tries. I guess I just have a lot more patience and focus than others. But the butterflies were totally a differant story. It was impossible for me. So I traded memory cards with my friend, and he did the thing for the Saturn Sigil. And I did the lighning bolts for him. Which only took me one try this time around. Chocobos took me a good half day.

...As for FFXII being a direct sequal. Probably not. Mainly because the battle director(of FFT and Vagrent Story) is really differant than FFX battle director. So the Charecter designer might also be differant, along with the rest of the crew. If they were making a direct sequal, they would probably call it FFX:2 or something

Old 04-24-2002, 01:48 PM   #26
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

Whether it is called FFX:2 or FFXII has nothing to do with being a sequel.

And truly, the game could change, but it could still be a continuation of the story. Which is what a sequel entails.

And yes that was a spoiler in the heading, yada yada.. I won't say too much about it because you've been told enough
Old 04-24-2002, 09:27 PM   #27
kaiser_z

well if i remember correctly, one of the aeons ( i think the one that cost money, not sure completely though) tells you when you revisit that: even though titus was a dream, he has touched reality in a way that will never be forgotten (or something similar) that and the international version's little "extra", i personally think tidus is very alive
Old 04-25-2002, 09:38 AM   #28
admin
Administrator

I heard a rumor saying that Tidus' return is not a sequel of Final Fantasy X, it is KINGDOM HEARTS. Tidus makes his return to another dream, which is the dream in Kingdom Hearts, not a sequel of FFX.

admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 07:09 PM   #29
Tidus

If you know about FFX International, Tidus is indeed alive. He's being kept hostage by some unknown being.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:18 AM   #30
Seska

And it certianly couldn't be in Kingdom HEarts either. You find Tidus in the very beginning of the game, along with Wakka and Selphie. Tidus isnt trapped, to the sphere Wakka, Yuna and Rikku seein FFXInt. is not representative of Tudus' "new" reality. The character in Kingdom HEarts, I ahve the feeling, are more to boost sales of the game by appealing to FF fans. The characters themselves could be totally different people, only with SD disney-fied looks.