The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 08-18-2004, 04:00 AM   #1
Omega's Dust
StarBreaker of Time

Final Fantasy XI

So, it's out in Europe on the 16th of September and I know I'll be geting it, but who else?, has anyone made up their mind as to wheter they are going to dish out for the experience.

Personally I can't wait to get to Vana 'Diel, It will be my first MMORPG experience. well after PSO, but thats not really a MMORPG.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:05 AM   #2
Dreamkin
Denizen of Dreaming

I already have it. Playing the US version in Europe. I can help you around if you want. Contant me before you create your character. I can give you a worldpass for the server I'm on... Shiva.
Dreamkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 05:44 AM   #3
Omega's Dust
StarBreaker of Time

Thanks man, that sounds cool, I probably will need some help to begin with, I hate being a Noob. My mate will be joining too, so if you had 2 passes that would be excellent... oh and just one question whats the difference between all the servers, ie: Leviathan and Shiva?

Thanks again
Old 08-18-2004, 12:08 PM   #4
Vyse
Coup de Grace!

Based on my extensive Dark Age of Camelot experience, FF11 sounds like it is pure ass.

(by that I mean I really like DAOC for a long time, and FF11 doesnt sound like it has any worthwhile features)

Best-Blog-EVAR
Vyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:24 AM   #5
Omega's Dust
StarBreaker of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyse
Based on my extensive Dark Age of Camelot experience, FF11 sounds like it is pure ass.

(by that I mean I really like DAOC for a long time, and FF11 doesnt sound like it has any worthwhile features)

??
Old 08-19-2004, 05:43 AM   #6
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

He's just trying to **** in your cereal. But here's a link for you in case you didn't wanna deal with worldpasses:

http://www.square-x.com/users/ffxi/server.htm

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:57 AM   #7
Omega's Dust
StarBreaker of Time

Thanks for the link man. ;)
Old 08-19-2004, 06:05 AM   #8
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

No problem! Except whatever Server you decide to join with your first chara is the server ALL your characters will play on. I'm on Alexander , but I don't play too much anymore. I'm finding less and less time to spend time on MMORPGs as classes begin again. They are truly summertime affairs.

Steam ID: drunkensavior
TwitchTV: Mr. Orthoclase
Games I'm hyped for
Transistor, The Witcher 3, Watch_Dogs, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation, The Division
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:08 AM   #9
Omega's Dust
StarBreaker of Time

How many servers are there in total?, Summer time affairs eh, well I'll find the time believe you me, i'll find the time.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:37 AM   #10
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyse

Trust me, i played it for two months, DAOC is better. And DAOC sucked ass. FF11 is possibly the boringest MMORPG out there. And i got to 65 in EQ... so i know boring. As MMORPGs go, i suggest wait for World of Warcraft. Trust me, ff11 will pale in comparison to it. (though ff11 pales in comparison to EQ, which is 6 years old now.)
Old 08-23-2004, 04:44 AM   #11
Omega's Dust
StarBreaker of Time

I dunno Mistatee, the prospect of playing with a few of my mates without having to go to their houses all the time is quite alluring. Maybe i'll get both.

*edit*

Just a few more questions regarding the European version:

1: will I have to download patches straight away?
2: Will a 56k modem suffice if I can't get Broadband?
3: Can you log on more or less straight away, or is there a lot of paper work?

Last edited by Omega's Dust; 08-23-2004 at 06:59 AM.
Omega's Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 11:35 PM   #12
Reko8
meow

ok I've been playing FFXi for like 4 months but i'm not like addicted to the game...hard to find time to play. here are the answers to ur questions

1) After you install everything on ur PS2 you download all the patches right before you make your first character.

2) No, you don't need broadbrand to play and u can play with a 56k modem but you might get disconnecting more than the people with broadband

3) To log on you have to go through the playonline viewer and u have to log on and you go through about like 5 screens but they only take like 5 seconds to load and this game aint a game that you sit down for a couple minutes to play and then leave

Hope this helps!

Last Completed:
Resident Evil 5
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:59 AM   #13
Omega's Dust
StarBreaker of Time

Ya thanks, although I'll be getting it on the PC, not PS2(FF XI isn't coming to Europe on the PS2)
Old 08-26-2004, 08:34 AM   #14
Reko8
meow

ok well the only difference really between the pc and ps2 is that you dont have to install anything on the ps2, you just register and download patches

Last Completed:
Resident Evil 5
Reko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:45 AM   #15
Omega's Dust
StarBreaker of Time

Only 3 weeks to go.....