The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 04-16-2002, 10:55 PM   #1
admin
Administrator

Any chance for King of Fighters Online to come to XBOX?

To start off the discussion - what do you think about a possible XBOX port of Unotac's King of Fighters Online? Since XBOX is more than powerful to handle the game, and there are already a few Korean developers working on XBOX titles, it looks in KOF Online is a great candidate.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 06:19 AM   #2
jammer

Hi.

Very possible -- given that this is a PC game to start with, so porting to X-Box should be simple enough. I don't know the popularity of the game for North America but it would be great for Asia-Pacific region.

Cheers,
jammer
Old 04-17-2002, 08:26 PM   #3
Tifa's Knight

Well, I'm thinking that the PS2 is the only really likely candidate, considering the fact that the Xbox has barely sold in Japan and for this game to succeed, it's going to need to be on platforms that are VERY wide spread. KOF isn't a big-name game, and right now, only big-name games are going to sell in Japan on the Xbox. Playmore is trying to revive SNK, not kill off what little is left of them...
Old 04-17-2002, 08:34 PM   #4
Wolf of Mibu

Definately not. KOF would sell like shit on the xbox, hell its not really popular enough to sell on any system, but an xbox version would be a waste.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:03 PM   #5
folken001

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolf of Mibu
Definately not. KOF would sell like shit on the xbox, hell its not really popular enough to sell on any system, but an xbox version would be a waste.
It is hard to say though. If MS is willing to pay big bucks for it, it is certainly a strong possibility. Then again, why would MS do anything like that?

FFXI Server: Caitsith
lv 75 RNG/PLD/BRD/NIN/MNK, lv 63 WHM(Retired)
folken001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 10:05 PM   #6
folken001

Quote:
Originally posted by Tifa's Knight
Well, I'm thinking that the PS2 is the only really likely candidate, considering the fact that the Xbox has barely sold in Japan and for this game to succeed, it's going to need to be on platforms that are VERY wide spread. KOF isn't a big-name game, and right now, only big-name games are going to sell in Japan on the Xbox. Playmore is trying to revive SNK, not kill off what little is left of them...
Appearantly, KoF is quite popular in Asia. People over Asia would take KoF2001 over CvS2. (I don't understand either!) Anyways, I think the concept of bring KoF which is a fighting game online is pretty lame. It wont' surprise me if KoF online fail miserably.

Old 04-17-2002, 10:06 PM   #7
Tifa's Knight

Yeah, exactly, that's why it's not a strong possibility, it's barely even a possibility at all. If MS is going to try to get any online game it's going to be FFXI for sure.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:28 PM   #8
folken001

Quote:
Originally posted by Tifa's Knight
Yeah, exactly, that's why it's not a strong possibility, it's barely even a possibility at all. If MS is going to try to get any online game it's going to be FFXI for sure.
FFXI is out of MS's reach though....

Old 04-18-2002, 01:24 AM   #9
Yai

Actually wouldn't it be best for FFXI to reach as many consoles as it can being an online game its sucess is in get as many users as possible.

...and yes I'm trying to turn this into a FFXI discussion (j/k)
Old 04-18-2002, 02:32 AM   #10
folken001

Quote:
Originally posted by Yai
Actually wouldn't it be best for FFXI to reach as many consoles as it can being an online game its sucess is in get as many users as possible.

...and yes I'm trying to turn this into a FFXI discussion (j/k)
Who knows. It cost money to make Xbox version of the game. Xbox isn't doing well in Japan. Square probably does not want to waste money on it. Also, Square is one of biggest developers in Japan. It is symbolic to main stream and hardcore gamers. Who knows whether those fans would turn against Square if it starts making game for a foreign console.

Old 04-18-2002, 03:50 AM   #11
Syringe

I would say KoF Online on the Xbox could be really nice. It has great online capabilitys and has a tremendous graphical power. I sure do hope to see it on the box rather than PS2. The box needs japanese software as well.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:22 AM   #12
emagius

Red face ...

What I hate about forums in general is the number of people who just make inane deductions about the future or claim X is better than Y.

There's nothing to say that KoF Online will hit any home console, or even US shores.
Old 04-18-2002, 11:07 AM   #13
Bishamon

I seriously doubt it, but I would like it if it did. I LOVE SNK fighting games!
Old 04-18-2002, 05:17 PM   #14
Great Muta

It would be cool to see it on ANY console

I would love to see this game on ANY console whether it be PS2 or Xbox, or even if Nintendo gets their heads outta their collective bootys and decodes to get some online plans going. Either way it looks like an awesome game, and I would rather play it on a console than PC.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:15 AM   #15
Bishamon

I would be happy if just ONE of the 'current' consoles picked up where the Saturn and then Dreamcast left off when it came to 2D fighting games and shooters! Nobody has stepped up! I mean, KOF2000 is coming out for Dreamcast, which is fine, but the gamers that bought up all the SNK and Capcom conversions (as well as games like Guilty Gear X, Shienryu, Soukyugurentai, Battle Garegga, etc.) are still out there! Am I wrong? Are 2D games really dying this time?