The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 06-15-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Magic Eight Ball reads Try again

Quote:
Xbox Nation asked a bona fide soothsayer to read the signs, interpret the stars, and review some of the hottest Xbox games yet to be released. Welcome to Divination Nation.
Will Fable really be the greatesr RPG of all time? Will Halo 2 match the impossibly high standard set by its predecessor? Tired of waiting for these and other titles, Xbox Nation cut to the chase and contacted a real, certified psychic, Tricia Hollenberg from San Francisco?a vessel to the stars, channeler of the cosmos, reader of the chicken entrails?for unfiltered, unbiased predictions for the Xbox games?of the future!

Halo 2 (Bungie/Microsoft)
Synopsis: Master Chief, the genetically enhanced super-badass and rampaging Covenant marauder, is back?with a renewed taste for alien blood. Will he stop the space invaders from destroying Earth, thus paving the way for Halo 3?
Psychic Prediction: Overall, this one looks really good. There seem to be some legal issues surrounding it, though. It'll do well, but not as well as the first. I don't think the ending is very solid. It'll be left open to a third installment but won't live up to players' expectations.

Halo will be better than Doom 3, though. I see a lot of partnerships in the cards. There's something to do with pairs. Perhaps the Covenant will ally itself with someone or something else. Also, there will be an alliance broken. You need to have played the original game in order to really enjoy this one. They've built in something for those who have played the original.

There's something hopeful in this game. And there's a third in the works, but no one knows this yet. You'll enjoy it, but it's not great for any relationships you're in. Players have become more critical of the game since the first one. You might find that you've changed how you deal with things.

Psychic's predicted score: 7/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fable (Big Blue Box/Microsoft)
Synopsis: In Lionhead's, highly-anticipated Fable, just as in that special place some humanoids refer to as "real life," your every action impacts how your customized character develops. Grow strong from battle, fat from overeating, tan from sunbathing, and marry your future wife (or husband) in this "groundbreaking" role-playing adventure. Just don't forget to take out the trash.

Psychic Prediction: This is going to be a sensible game, so it won't be terribly popular. There are karmic aspects to it, which is interesting.

It'll be a quite satisfying game that appeals to a wider range of people. This one feels like it'll be popular in other countries. Japan and Europe, in particular. It allows for creativity but is probably too hard to operate?a bit cumbersome.

It needs more refinement. It's harder to work than it needs to be. It's a process-oriented game?players either can't get to the end or get to it too quickly.

Psychic's predicted score: 6/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B.C. (Intrepid/Microsoft)
Synopsis: Kill the hell out of some dinosaurs, why don't you.? And try to build a civilization with some rocks and sticks while you're at it there, Chumley.

Psychic Prediction: I don't think this one will go over very well. Parents won't be buying it, so it won't be appealing to kids, and it's not sophisticated, so the older set won't be into it, either. That's basically what I see: too politically incorrect for kids and not smart enough for adults. Next?

Psychic's predicted score: 3/10

Silent Hill 4 (Konami/Konami)
Synopsis: A gamer goth classic in its own right, the creeptastic third-person adventure Silent Hill attempts to terrorize the mind through psychological horror. Skinless children? Check. Zombie nurses? Check. Twisted story line? Check. Happy ending? Check.

Psychic Prediction: Sounds too fabulous to be true. It doesn't look bad. It has a cult following, for sure?like the people who watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show. But this doesn't make it a particularly good game. There will be a lot written about it. People will be discussing it, perhaps even college teachers. This one kind of stands alone like an original because it's got its own genre.

I don't think I'll like it, but it seems to be working. Is it possible that this one has softened from previous versions because they believe their own hype? They could blow it. They might have different people working on it, and the new people are very creative and clever but might miss the point of the game.

Psychic's predicted score: 6/10

Doom 3 (Vicarious Visions/Activision)
Synopsis: You're on Mars. Demon aliens have taken over the space station. Kill them all, in the dark, with lots of guns.

Psychic Prediction: This is interesting. Let me see. I expected to find more to do with money and the game to be a big moneymaker. This one is really weird. They may put some tricks in the game to make it more complex and compensate for its...I don't know. There might be some hidden levels or more than one way to get through this game. It seems like there might be a few optional ways to finish it. The review of the game, by the people?it's not going to play out as well as people expected. Maybe there was too much expectation. I predict it will be good but not fabulous. If they've built in some twists, that's good. I don't know if technology has advanced enough. I think maybe the sales will be disappointing.

Psychic's predicted score: 5/10

http://www.xbnmag.com/article2/0,2053,1612421,00.asp
Wouldn't this suck if it were true?

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 08:48 PM   #2
Reality
Sin and Punishment

OOoOO, gahhh. Man that would be awful.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:53 PM   #3
Vert1
Banned

XBOX is doommmedd! ;)
Vert1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:26 AM   #4
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

OMG...
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:05 AM   #5
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Shocked

Figures Vert would agree with this guy. I think most of that is BS. it's pure opinion for most of that. What was said about Halo 2 not selling as good as the first... BS I will streak down my streak screaming, Nintendo is God, All Hail Nintendo if Halo 2 doesn't at least AT LEAST matches Halo's sales.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:10 AM   #6
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Flapdoodle! FLAPDOODLE I SAY!

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 02:14 PM   #7
Vert1
Banned

For all you know those games could actually be a dissapointment to the original or just to themselves.It be very funny at least to me.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:55 PM   #8
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
Originally posted by Vert1
For all you know those games could actually be a dissapointment to the original or just to themselves.It be very funny at least to me.
Yes, just like Resident Evil 4 could be the most arsebackwards, lovey dovey save the president's daughter from a cult only to have Leon screaming ASHLEYYYYYYYYYYY! when he has another Ada'esk moment.

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Old 06-16-2004, 11:12 PM   #9
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Quote:
Wow, your the worst kind of fanboy, one who gets pleasure out of seeing someone else fail. Jerk. Go challenge a cripple to a race or somethin'

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:40 PM   #10
Vert1
Banned

None of those games are that great imo.Jade Empire and Half-Life2 will be better on XBOX than those games.RE4 will own.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:44 AM   #11
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
Originally posted by Drunken Savior
Wow, your the worst kind of fanboy, one who gets pleasure out of seeing someone else fail. Jerk. Go challenge a cripple to a race or somethin'
I'd also like to add to that list of the worst kind of fanboy, the one that has no basis for his opinions about things. RE4 will own because...? I've yet to see you make a viable arguement as to how and why RE4 is going to own. I mean seriously, other than the new camera angel, better graphics, and the dumbed down Shenmue context button mash, it still looks like your run of the mill Resident Evil title? And seriously, it's not the first Resident Evil game to fix the camera problem. Dead Aim already fixed that flaw, of course you wouldn't know that vert because it's a PS2 exclusive. Plus to boot, nobody here actually knows how well RE4's camera really is because... Nobody has played it! It's easy to vouch for Half-Life 2 and Halo 2 because you already know that they are going to use the classic FPS camera, and it's something you just can't improve on that much.

Fable not great? Yeah, maybe if your one of those JRPG lovers that love every set on a linear path for you. For the rest of us... I have little doubt there are going to be good things said about this title.

Halo 2... what can you say thats actually bad about it? It continues the saga of one of the baddest heros in gaming history. To boot, you can go online with all you friends and really cause some carnage. And I'm sorry, but Halo 2 online owns RE4 in my book. Because it adds something that RE games just have never really had.... replay value. And you see there in lies RE4's bottle neck... it really doesn't have any reply value what so ever. Pretty much your gonna finish this game and unless it has different enddings... your gonna play it and wait for RE5 to come out. Fable... it's like KotOR, your gonna play it once then play it again just to see what it would of been like to play with other options. Same with Half Life... your gonna replay it just to see what you could do differently. Halo 2 is just gonna truely own people that have live and it's going to be a XBOX Live Selling title so expect to see a lot more console lovers going online around November 9th. RE4 is there to statisfy fans who have been griping and griping about the horrible camera angel fest that is Resident Evil, I mean, you would of though they could of done all this with the Resident Evil Remake. Seriously... RE4 does look great and the story does intrue me a lot, but put up against other titles that are also just as, if not more, great than it is, RE4 just doesn't come in with the total package.

Old 06-17-2004, 02:03 AM   #12
Vert1
Banned

Just because I don't think the game's will be great doesn't mean they won't be good.You people take things to serious.

By the way people have played RE4(demo) and I didn't hear them complaining about controls and camera angles.

Last edited by Vert1; 06-17-2004 at 02:34 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:10 AM   #13
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
Just because I don't think the game's will be great doesn't mean they won't be good.You people take things to serious.

By the way people have played RE4(demo) and I didn't hear them complaining about controls and camera angles.
Yes, notice the keyword her, By the way people have.... you know, I haven't heard anything bad about halo 2, in fact as you can see it was good enough to win some awards this year. Some awards that go beyond just being, Best of Show XBOX.

Can RE4 say that? Nope, at least not from what I've seen so far... oh and please... don't even both posting links to nintendo oriented sites Vert, it will just make you look so silly.

Old 06-17-2004, 10:41 PM   #14
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

Ms. Cleo is in prison for a reason.

She can't play halo worth a damn.
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:13 AM   #15
DeathStroke
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Renegade X
Yes, notice the keyword her, By the way people have.... you know, I haven't heard anything bad about halo 2, in fact as you can see it was good enough to win some awards this year. Some awards that go beyond just being, Best of Show XBOX.

Can RE4 say that? Nope, at least not from what I've seen so far... oh and please... don't even both posting links to nintendo oriented sites Vert, it will just make you look so silly.
Well, X-play gave RE4 the best of E3 award.