Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 08-05-2002, 04:18 PM   #1
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

Ghost in the Shell TV series!

Quote:
Grabbed from a tribalwar.com forum
8-5-02---- Anime Tourist Info Nabs
Aug. 5th will see the premier of Mobile Fighter G Gundam series on Cartoon Network.
A Japanese Producer working with Raijin Comics claims that there will be a new anime shown simultaniously both here and in Japan after September. The series will be shown here on Cartoon Network. Details about this new show will be revealed at Nan Desu Kan where he is a guest.

This series was later revealed to be the new Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex by a high level Cartoon Network executive. As he puts it, "I've seen this show and it is awesome." We know from comments made in the Bandai panel that this series will be broadcast in October.

The exec also confirmed the existance of the 2nd season of Big O. According to him, they (CN) were un-happy with how the Big O series ended and they managed to persuade the studio into doing a second season. This same approach is being taken with Cowboy Bebop as they try and convince the studio to produce a second season of as well.

New episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho will be shown sometime this fall (4th Qtr).

Dragon Ball GT will air at the end of September. Its being localized (aka dubbed) right now.

In support of the Shonen Jump release, Cartoon Network plans to roll out a new web site called: Adult Swim Reactor. From this website you can read the manga, see videos and other related stuff. Look for it on the web in November.

Source: Anime Tourist

Apparently this will be aired on Cartoon Network and On T.V. in Japan at the same time.

http://www.animenewsservice.com

Info there scroll down it's in the news for today

Also Today G-Gundam airs on Cartoon Network apparently according to this, but there seemed to be no promos for it.
What do you guys think?
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 08:44 PM   #2
WINDJAMMERS

I'd take any POS show to get the ****ing Powderpuff girls off of Toonami. Cartoon Network is finally seeing that anime is where the $/ratings is at.

I miss Big O. In the last scene of the last episode there where 3 (?) kick ass robots wading torwards shore from the ocean.

I thought Cowboy Bebop was over. Didn't Spike *** at the end?

I am also glad they are getting DBGT. They bleed DBZ to death. I bet they are still going to show DBZ reruns FOREVER.

Thank Icarus. Good info.

Last edited by WINDJAMMERS; 08-09-2002 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-06-2002, 01:10 AM   #3
Alucard

Dude, edit your post about cowboy bebop ending. People havent seen it here and there and you may get flamed. Not good.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 03:37 AM   #4
Seska

Good think I skiped that part about some last scene in Big O.

Windjammers, at least put a freakig spoiler space warning in your post, or you will have an angry mob carrying torches and pitchforks trying to slam your door down.
Old 08-09-2002, 08:15 PM   #5
WINDJAMMERS

We'll either the new season of Cowboy Bebop:

1. covers the events before Spike became a bounty hunter (which would ruin all those wonderful flashback scenes.)

2. ***SPOILER*** Spike doesn't really die in the last episode. *** END SPOILER***

3. The new season is set in a different time period or with different characters.

Last edited by WINDJAMMERS; 08-12-2002 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-10-2002, 02:30 AM   #6
hgblob

If there is a sequel to CB, then I really, really hope that your scenario #2 is NOT it.

I dislike resurrections just for the sake of people who aren't able to get over the fact that their favourite character didn't make it. If someone's going to be brought back to life, at least make sure that there's a pretty damned good reason for it.
hgblob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 06:37 AM   #7
Seska

Like Alien Resurrection! The title itself is pretty much a spoiler if you havent seen Alien 3, isnt it? :p

spoiler space

Cowboy Bebop Resurrection: The cops manage to salvage one of Spike's Thumbs and graft it to a totally new body! But Spike must live because of ANOTHER dark secret , so he takes over the host body! It dont look like Spike, but its Spike! Hilarity ensues as hsot body struggles to control two minds in one head.

:p

End spoiler.

Blah.