The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 08-26-2005, 08:48 AM   #1246
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keits
Thats all good and fine... but what are they going to do with all the blood? Blur it out? Put black censor strips over it? What about Sexy no Jutsu? Its already 'covered', but this is evening-time 'kids' programming.

Im worried.
Yes it'll be edited but not as bad as if 4Kids got it. Viz aren't as bad but of course I say the blood will be removed as it was in Gundam/Inuyasha.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:12 AM   #1247
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwho
You LIKE it? It has that same average to mediocre look apparent in all modern ,fully digital, anime series, with the pseudo religious alegory that a show with an essentially shallow and contrived story premise would need to apear profound. It reminds me of Xenosaga 2, or worse, ff7,or WORSE, matrix 3(wait no its not that bad) in such a respect. You only need to watch one episode to know the final showdown will be against a badguy that happens to look like an angel, with a name stemmed from biblical rhetoric. Oh and now its doing the whole blind rage hero revenge for his fallen freind who was never terribly interesting shtick. Yawn. At least Naruto occasionally has a nice looking fight. My point in bringing it up is if something as bad as scryde or this new season of inu yasha(which seems to of stolen its last 4 plot premises from thundercats)makes the cut for adult swim, naruto should be more than a shoe-in. Put scryde on right after one peice, then naruto in the place of scryde's old timeslot. That's what Id preffer.
This proves you havent watched it, go hate on stuff you have experience with.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:23 PM   #1248
Keits
Kaizoku da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001
Yes it'll be edited but not as bad as if 4Kids got it. Viz aren't as bad but of course I say the blood will be removed as it was in Gundam/Inuyasha.
But... I mean... Im watching Naruto now, and have been over the last two weeks. Im up to episode 120ish... so much blood.
Keits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:41 AM   #1249
Slash
BUTTOUT!

Quote:
yes, it might water down the..."story"...

hahahhaha
but yeah it wont be the same without those completely unnecessary tit shots. I gotta say though if they're willing to put something like s-cry-ed on adult swim, I dont see why they'd opt to put Naruto on Toonami. So they can re-air it later in its 'RAW UNCUT' form? I smell a gimmick. They know this'll be the new dbz over here so they're preparing for the long haul to stretch it out as much as possible.

Whit the DB series finally over and YYH days are number toonami needs a new action show. Besides, just because a show has blood in it don`t make it mature.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:58 PM   #1250
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
yeah, like kakashi sticking his fingers up Naruto's ass
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 03:41 PM   #1251
ryanwho
Banned

None of the shows currenlty on adult swim can really count as mature, other than paranoia agent and GITS. Mature television doesnt bring in ratings, talking wads of meat do.
ryanwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:30 PM   #1252
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Apprantly there to mature for American children.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:53 AM   #1253
Slash
BUTTOUT!

Or it`s to keep the bitching down from people who think every dub anime should go to AS so it won`t be censor.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:03 AM   #1254
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Its also is mature in comparison to Toonami, though some AS shows actually go to Toonami...
Old 08-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #1255
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash
Or it`s to keep the bitching down from people who think every dub anime should go to AS so it won`t be censor.
AS anime is still censored like Samurai Champloo.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:01 PM   #1256
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

I have a question ( i didn't want to make a whole nother thread about this), but i keep hearing (or reading rather) ppl online saying that the dbz movies aren't tied into the anime series. I don't think that's true because of the fact that in some of the dbz movies Goku is dead. Also in the Lord Slug movie i think king kai said something about slug being stronger than frieza. If what people are tellin me is true, then why is a lot of things in the dbz movies tied into the anime?

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 04:25 PM   #1257
ryanwho
Banned

Akira didnt make the movies, therefore they have tons of inconsistancies. The movies only tie into each other. Ikarus, the stupid dragon,f ro example, only exists in the movies. They were made by the same people who do the dbz filler, with garlic and pikkon etc, you know, the stuff that stood out as mediocre and inconsistant with everything else? They're a loose tie at best, and best viewed as something seperate. Anyway they're pretty suck-ish, you should watch Return of Cooler and then just not watch the rest cus they're lame.
ryanwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 05:03 PM   #1258
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Akira didnt make the movies, therefore they have tons of inconsistancies. The movies only tie into each other. Ikarus, the stupid dragon,f ro example, only exists in the movies. They were made by the same people who do the dbz filler, with garlic and pikkon etc, you know, the stuff that stood out as mediocre and inconsistant with everything else? They're a loose tie at best, and best viewed as something seperate. Anyway they're pretty suck-ish, you should watch Return of Cooler and then just not watch the rest cus they're lame.
The only dbz movie I can say sucked was bio brolly. The movie itself didn't suck, but the fact that to me it didn't seem like they were fighting brolly at all. That blob was much too weak to be brolly, even if it was a clone. I used to own return of cooler before someone didn't return it back to me when i let them borrow it (may the burn in hell), but I was just watching it today on my computer before I put that post here (about dbz). I never thought the movies tied in with each other, i used to always think of them as seperate movies, except for the ones that are sequals of each other, example Cooler's Revenge < - > Return of Cooler, All the brolly movies.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:04 AM   #1259
Vegetto
Alive

dude....u cant possibly think that Lord Slug is a good movie....that was horrible

yeah the movies dont relate in any way to the series

just like Ryanwho said.....the pikkon and icarus...garlic Junior...

gosh dang Ryanwho as a Veteran obsessed DBZ nut I must say im impressed, not many ppl out there are aware of such things....

EDIT

I really dislike the movies, with the exception of movie 12 and 13

12 is the best though, mostly for the comedy, it rocks gotta love when Hitler gets his ass owned again

Last edited by Vegetto; 09-07-2005 at 03:08 AM.
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:21 AM   #1260
naruto_sensei
O N E P I E C E

I knew that stuff... so I'm also a veteran DBZ nut.
naruto_sensei is offline   Reply With Quote