The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 05-26-2004, 02:33 PM   #46
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally posted by ombra

Naruto is based on a MANGA, and the manag is currently STILL running, and honestly, as big as a fan base this series has in the states..i'm pretty sure the series will run just as long as the manga which just keeps getting better, and is already in the triple digits as far as volumes..
According my friend who has the newest Newtype USA there is a interview with some guy at Studio Pierrot (the animators of Naruto) and apprantly there gonna start making up storylines exculsive to the anime soon.

I'm abit worried about that because that has a habit of turning out very bad sometimes.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 02:54 PM   #47
Rubeus

Quote:
Originally posted by Escaflowne2001
Naruto's up to 84 at the moment, plus Inuyasha's getting on to 150-200 and still going strong.
I currently watch Naruto, Inu Yasha, One Piece and Samurai Deeper Kyo.

One Piece is probably the longest running series, it's at EP193 right now! Inu Yasha is at about EP150.

Naruto's new EPs are boring to hell, I hate the way the stretch the episodes to match each chapter in the manga.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 03:54 PM   #48
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I agree about Naruto but I'll carry on hoping they get better again. Don't know if you've heard of it but "Detective Conan" is about 350 episodes roughly and still going.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:35 PM   #49
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

im telling yous guys, champloo is godly, if god watched anime, this would be it...its beautiful, the hip hop elements are insane, the way they fight to the beat, the first episode has tons of action, and great introduction story, i especially enjoy the fight between Mugen and Jin, jin is your silent, wise samurai who is a ronin, no master, mugen is your typical badass, i hate badass characters and already kinda dislike mugen altho i like his fighting style, the only badass i ever liked is Guts from berserk, i hated him , and berserk at first, but grew to love them both very much..
Old 05-27-2004, 02:39 AM   #50
Rubeus

Quote:
I agree about Naruto but I'll carry on hoping they get better again. Don't know if you've heard of it but "Detective Conan" is about 350 episodes roughly and still going.
Don't count out Pokemon, it's also the longest running anime cartoon, there are close to 400 episodes already, not to mention dozens of side-episodes (Pokemon Hoso, etc) as well.

... and it is probably the longest running anime in US as well.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:02 AM   #51
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubeus
Don't count out Pokemon, it's also the longest running anime cartoon, there are close to 400 episodes already, not to mention dozens of side-episodes (Pokemon Hoso, etc) as well.

... and it is probably the longest running anime in US as well.
...... ::takes a bat and beats Rubeus:: GAHHH!!!! We really really don't need to be reminded about Pokemon, in fact I think about every anime fan here... pokemon is a series that we would rather not hear about. Personally I think it's 100x worse than anything DBZ was (liked DBZ at first, but after the 3 time of watching the entire series I just can't stand it as stated before, I never could even finish one episode of Pokemon with out puking my guts out) and it's creators should be locked up for a long long time.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 12:08 PM   #52
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Renegade X
[B I never could even finish one episode of Pokemon[/b]
I still wanna see the japanese season one episode where James puts on the fake breasts.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:12 PM   #53
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
According my friend who has the newest Newtype USA there is a interview with some guy at Studio Pierrot (the animators of Naruto) and apprantly there gonna start making up storylines exculsive to the anime soon.

I'm abit worried about that because that has a habit of turning out very bad sometimes.
It just came out a 40m special that isnt taken off the manga and its pretty good (it goes by the name of jump festa 2004 special).
I thought the series was gonna end in the next story arc (current manga arc), so the news of new storylines for the series come has good news to me.
Anyways im actually enjoying the current naruto episodes since i love the current saga, opposed to the chunnin exam saga, that was boooring like hell (remembering the pre-3rd exam fights and the in between episodes of 2nd and 3rd exams).
Naruto is great, but i agree with Meshugana, Samurai Shamploo is the real deal (okay, personally i still enjoy naruto more, but shamploo is really wonderfull)
Old 05-27-2004, 04:13 PM   #54
Gato

Hey people!
Hey does anyone know the name of that anime where there's this girl who has a small blue diamond/gem/ruby and her father is the captian of a submarine that is trying to stop this WAY evil organisation that wants to rule the world, and it's main HQ is an airship, and ALL of them are wearing creepy unhappy masks?
Thanx!

Zero: "You never give up, do you? Even when we break you down to scraps, you always come back."
Sigma: "That's right folks! I'll do it again and again and AGAIN!" -Megaman X7

Tornado Tonion: "So, you come up Electric Tower to stop broadcast of my groovy dance, hmm?"
Axl: "Yup. If Red saw it, he'd get mad and smash the monitor anyway!" -Megaman X7
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:16 PM   #55
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Rurounin Keshin
3. Giant Robo

I stop wathing anime afterward. I try to watch Naruto, the series dragging to much, exaclty like the Dragon Ball Tv series.

Champloo is out ? I must check this one out

Last edited by Black Sugar; 05-28-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Black Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 11:27 PM   #56
gearhound
Versus the World

Quote:
Originally posted by vherub
Of roughly those I have seen fully, this is the end-all, no-discussion-needed, definitive ranking

Exceptional:
Cowboy Bebop
Princess Mononoke

Aboce Average:
FLCL
Eva
Raxhephon
Berserk
Hellsing
Castle in the Sky
Spirited Away
Ninja Scroll
Ghost in the Shell
Animatrix
Grave of the Fireflies
Jin Roh Wolf Brigade
Dog Warriors Hakkeden
R.O.D.

Average:
Escaflowne
Records of Lodoss War
Kiki's Delivery Service
Now and Then, Here and There
Spriggan
Akira
Battle Angel
Boogiepop Phantom
Trigun
Outlaw Star

Mediocre:
Orphen
Iria Zeirum
Blood: The Last Vampire
Gasaraki

Poor:
Green Legen Ran
Wind Named Amnesia
Dragon Half
Transformers (yes, the original, seasons 1 +2, specifically)

partly watched series with great potential: last exile, wolf's rain, witch hunter robin, texhnolyze
you can only think of two animes that are exceptional, and you say that spriggan is average? how is this? spriggan is fucking awesome, and the animation/action is well above average. why do you think that blood is mediocre? i will agree that outlaw star and trigun are pretty average, though. i also think that akira is a little above average. but that is just me, but i love anime. peace:cool guy:
Old 05-29-2004, 02:25 AM   #57
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

i dont believe you put berserk in that category, i question if youve seen the full series, berserk should go in the Perfection category, yes it starts off slow, boring, and non-original, but gets moving later, the story and emotion involved in it, especially at the end....i was stunned after finishing the series, its not my favorite, but for a long while afterwards, nothing seemed as good, nothing seemed good for that matter
Old 05-29-2004, 06:17 AM   #58
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

meh, Dragon Half had me dying with laughter especially the dubbed version. I agree Boogiepop Phantom was pretty bad I never even finished that one it was unbelivibly (sp) boring.

Orphen (season 1) on the otherhand was very good unfortunaly let down by a madeup second season that had nothing to do with the book it was based on...
Old 05-31-2004, 05:00 AM   #59
redmask

1-full metal alchemist
because of the story
any episodes (LUST) show up

2-Naruto
what ombra sayed

PS:way no one like full metal alchemist it's a lot better than Naruto
Old 06-01-2004, 06:15 AM   #60
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

FMA? huh heard good things. Waiting for it to finish before I start watching it myself.