The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 05-09-2005, 10:05 PM   #541
Nem
Smash bro!

I demand my bastard award Mistatee!! I was the one that brought One Piece up. Naruto Sensei isnt worthy at all

Anyways, im sure you know where to dll the series in soft 10 episode batches. If you dont just pop up here and grab it in the bittorent section www.kaizoku-fansubs.com

Last edited by Nem; 05-09-2005 at 10:09 PM.
Nem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:32 AM   #542
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
If you are lucky and can find the show, it was called "Dragonquest - Dai no Dai Bouken". The manga runs about twice as long, but the Anime ends in a pretty decent place that istn too much of a cliffhanger.
Luckily it's currently be re-fansubbed it's up over at Animesuki they have the first fews episodes that have been done so far.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #543
Slash
BUTTOUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
Lum (Aka Urusei Yatsura) spans 218 eps. Its a slapstick gag comedy fighting thing that usually consists of Lum electrocuting Ataru, or his ex-gf slamming a school desk on his head, or demons fighting demons, humans chasing demons, space battles, bitchslaps, pretty much anything you can imagine involving excrutiating paing and physical humor.

Granted, the focus is on humor and slapstick, but its definitly not anything at all like DBZ. And thers also Dr Slump (243 eps), which features frequent fighting too, but is also slapstick-focused.

DBZ was jsut bloody tedious, like 20 episodes with Namek "just about to blow up"
or "Now Ill transform into a new shape that makes me 50 times stronger" 20 times over. And when there was some actually good drama with people dying, they go and create fucking HEAVEN where we can follow up on their new adventures and heaven martial arts tournaments and how they can get back to life and BLEARGHVOMITPUKE.

I liked DB better, the whole Red Ribbon story arc was a blast.

One Piece is good fun, but the fighting Anime I liked best was the Dragonquest Anime, which sadly only lived for about 2-3 seasons. IT was frickin awesome, the evil army pulls out all the stops to crush the main guy. ITs not like in DBZ or other anime where they send the underlings to do the dirty work, they send the fucking GENERAL to crush every possible means of survival and the show is all about how Dai (the main guy) and his friends manage to survive onslaught after onslaught.

As such the show was pretty fast paced and the fights were a blast to watch, cause you felt that the bad guys considered the hero a threat and kept doing their best to defeat him with the best of the best they had at hand.

If you are lucky and can find the show, it was called "Dragonquest - Dai no Dai Bouken". The manga runs about twice as long, but the Anime ends in a pretty decent place that istn too much of a cliffhanger.

I don`t knw how manytimes I hard heard someone say this show si nto like DBZ or that show is not liek DBZ , then when you watch it is another DBZ. Except it don`t have the things that made it a good show like DBZ is. And it was 9 ep`s where namek was about to explode. And the only viallin to have hanchmen was freeza. I bet you don`t have a good reason why you think DB is better,just running off at the mouth.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:33 PM   #544
Nem
Smash bro!

Well, after a slow start, the current anime season turned out to be satisfactory.

Im watching:

Eureka Seven
Tsubasa Chronicle
Futakoi Alternative
Eyeshield 21
Basilisk
Sousei no Aquarion
Ichigo 100%
The Law of Ueki

added to already running:

Ah! My Goddess TV
Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Kyou kara Maou
Gundam SEED Destiny

Thats a lot of Anime to dll
havent started to watch Trinity Blood, but i sneak peaked episode 1 and it gave me much of an unwelcome Chrno Crusade feel.

So what are you guys watching?
Old 05-12-2005, 04:15 PM   #545
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem
I demand my bastard award Mistatee!! I was the one that brought One Piece up. Naruto Sensei isnt worthy at all

Bastard...Happy?

As for what i am watching

Basilisk
Speed Grapher
Gundam X
Law of Ueki
Bleach
Tsubasa Chronicles
Dokuro-Chan
Ufo No-natsu

Should i DL trinity blood?
Old 05-12-2005, 06:46 PM   #546
ovejon

I think you should go for trinity blood too. Gonzo is producing it btw. Its about vampires in the post apocaliptic world and there are another group of people called the crusiniks who are vampires who sucks on vampires.
ovejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:35 PM   #547
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistatee
Bastard...Happy?
:bigsmile:

(I was j/k of course)

Quote:
As for what i am watching

Basilisk
Speed Grapher
Gundam X
Law of Ueki
Bleach
Tsubasa Chronicles
Dokuro-Chan
Ufo No-natsu

Should i DL trinity blood?
Trinity blood seems to be like Chrono Crusade meets Hellsing. Theres humor and the fighting scenes are gory and dark.

I advise taking a look at Eureka Seven. Its the best series so far in my opinion. Its from BONES and the first episodes make you recall FLCL. Great animation has well.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:15 PM   #548
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Will DL both of them today
Also DLing Growlanser 4 OVA, dunno if it will be good though.

I recomend everyone DL something,something, Dokuro-Chan. It may be the funniest anime ive seen. Too bad they release 2 episodes every two months.

Also Something,something UFO no-natsu will be great, but again its only 1 episode a month!

And yes im really bad at remembering Japenese Titles.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:11 PM   #549
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Where can i get Eureka Seven? Or is it under a different name...
I cant find it anywhere
Old 05-13-2005, 02:14 AM   #550
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

i just saw the first four episodes of Elfen Lied. i really thought it was really good, but a lot of the stuff in it reminds me of Steel Angel Kurumi, but nontheless it is an awesome show. i wish it did not have the nudity though. i do not understand why they have to put so much nudity in animes. i really enjoy gantz, but it has the same problem, to much dang nudity.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:22 AM   #551
Paper exe
Pwnd

I agree with you, but I stop seeing it after just few minute.
Paper exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:30 AM   #552
AshKetchum

I don't know about you guys but since 1-2 years ago, my interest in anime dropped enormously. Naruto is still good but the flashbacks get on my nerves. Full metal alchemist ending was totally disappointing and anime such as Beet are targeted toward kids. Also I don't like the new cg animations. Animes such as gundam seed are making anime look so fruity. What happened to old school anime like lodoss? or even escaflowne? NGE or Berserk? Fruit baskets was also good along with 12 kingdoms. None of the new anime interests me at all. Goldenboy, ping pong club, and ranma 1/2 were so funny. However, new anime like tenjou tenge are really idiotic. downloaded speed grapher 1 -4 last week and I'm gonna check it out when I have time. I hope it is good.

Old school all the way.
AshKetchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #553
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Nothing wrong with CG Gonzo make some of the more interesting shows on the market. Never really liked the animation in Naturo 133 luckily it's gone back to normal for 134 which was a pretty weird episode in itself.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:20 AM   #554
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Where can i get Eureka Seven? Or is it under a different name...
I cant find it anywhere
www.nanashi-fansubs.com

UFO no-natsu is an OVA so its not surprising it has slow releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaflowne2001
Nothing wrong with CG Gonzo make some of the more interesting shows on the market. Never really liked the animation in Naturo 133 luckily it's gone back to normal for 134 which was a pretty weird episode in itself.
I think you mean you didnt like the art since the animation was top notch.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:19 PM   #555
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem
I think you mean you didnt like the art since the animation was top notch.
Whatever, the lack of detail was a killer.