The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 05-24-2004, 01:54 PM   #31
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Nothing wrong with the music from YYH, don't know all of them but no singer beats Megumi Hayashibara in singing or voice acting unless you mean the bad dubbed version.

Is not the fact that DBZ is long that's the problem (for one Inuyasha, Prince Of Tennis, Naruto, One Piece etc are all long but still good) it's the fact that the storyline is soooo drawn out sometimes battles would last episode after episode after episode I began wishing the battle would just end it's terrible. Unfortunaly the last story arc in Naruto anime was going that way aswell which is a shame. Also the lack of character building doesn't help.

Honestly thought both DB/YYH were both pretty boring after a while YYH was better for a while but by episode 100 odd I was totally bored of it. Didn't last that long in DBZ the whole of the Cell Saga was enough.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:57 PM   #32
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Re: for all the Anime heads..

Quote:
Originally posted by ombra
[b]which Anime SERIES do you declare the best of all time..
[b]
Oh and to answer the original questions not the best animes of all times but there are most sees.

Goldenboy (Dub)
Labyrinth Of Flames (Dub)
Azumanga Daioh (Sub or Dub)

Are all very funny, they all had me laughing my head off great comedy at it's best.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:47 PM   #33
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

Quote:
it was..hurray for boobies..and..incest?

i can't find the tape anymore, but the cover is still in a frame..an odd duck anime.
ya, i thought it was funny the way their breasts would violently shake because they blinked their eyes
Old 05-24-2004, 05:40 PM   #34
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
Originally posted by Mainstreme Fan
YYH char are not all that intresting while some some of DBZ like Vegeta,piccolo,gohan trunks and goku are more interresting then the entire cast of YYH. Atlest goku has lost some battle in both sereis while yuske has yet to lost. How lame is that? And don`t get me started on the music from YYH.
Piccolo is too much of the token alien bad ass, gohan just annoys me to all ends, Trunks was good when they had him as a teenager, once he went kid that was it for him, and don't get me started on Goku... he'd much rather be eatting than saving the world. The Characters in YYH are by far more interesting, I never felt like Goku was really fighting for anything other than the sake of fighting, Yusake at times is reluctant to fight, some times DBZ can just be doo dang goofy. It's not really that lame when you consider that at least he lets some of the other characters have more than 5 episodes of fame before they become radically obsure.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:16 AM   #35
ombra

Re: Re: for all the Anime heads..

Quote:
Originally posted by Escaflowne2001
Goldenboy (Dub)
i remeber that one..

study study studay study STUDY!!

calssic anime..one of THE best no doubt.
ombra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:22 AM   #36
Vegetto
Alive

I soo want to see golden boy, heard nothing but good things from it
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 02:46 AM   #37
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

golden boy is coo, watched like 8 episodes, my friend is in love with it
Old 05-25-2004, 05:44 AM   #38
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Vegetto
I soo want to see golden boy, heard nothing but good things from it
You have to watch the dub though the japanese version just isn't as funny.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:31 AM   #39
ombra

Quote:
Originally posted by Escaflowne2001
You have to watch the dub though the japanese version just isn't as funny.
thats a first..i'd have toi agree..the dubb is so off the wall, he REALLY felt that character ..

if any of you are over 18, check out "junk boy"..a "different" take on the same sorta genre..just with more nudity and crude humor..
Old 05-25-2004, 03:52 PM   #40
Rubeus

Re: for all the Anime heads..

Quote:
which Anime SERIES do you declare the best of all time..

reasons why and any must see episodes you can speak of , please..

MY personal pick?

Naruto..no one i've put on to this series has stopped watching YET..

it just keeps getting better..

close second would be cowboy bebop..
The early Naruto episodes were good but the recent episodes were done so poorly (EP60 and newer), making people falling asleep! They stretched each episode for too long, make you almost wanted to fast forward all the time!
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 10:03 PM   #41
flamingspiral
Watch Out!

Cowboy Bebop, hands down.
flamingspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 10:17 PM   #42
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

naruto has 60+ eps!!??!?!?!??!?! holy crap thats horrible, no decent anime should ever run that long, altho i never liked naruto
Old 05-26-2004, 05:43 AM   #43
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Naruto's up to 84 at the moment, plus Inuyasha's getting on to 150-200 and still going strong.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:58 AM   #44
ombra

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshugana
naruto has 60+ eps!!??!?!?!??!?! holy crap thats horrible, no decent anime should ever run that long, altho i never liked naruto
two things:

Naruto is based on a MANGA, and the manag is currently STILL running, and honestly, as big as a fan base this series has in the states..i'm pretty sure the series will run just as long as the manga which just keeps getting better, and is already in the triple digits as far as volumes..

GREATEST of ALL TIME?

i'll always say it's NARUTO, and anyone who has kept up with the series to it's current point would be hard pressed to disagree..
not only is is EXTREMELY FAITHFUL to the manga(i read ahead, so i'm already far beyond the TV series..lets just say garaa is the LEAST of their problems)

there are so many insane and powerful characters that will be making appearences(itachi..nuff said.), you're doing yourself a diservice if you started and dropped off after 60..the battle between Naruto and Garaa alone (and the look on sasuke's face when he realizes just HOW much more powerful naruto has become) is priceless..

cowboy bebop is a close second, and i look forward to see more about samurai Champloo, i hear that's an EXTREMELY good series to look out for..so far..

Last edited by ombra; 05-26-2004 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:53 AM   #45
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
GREATEST of ALL TIME?
If I had to say which was Greatest of All Time, Neon Genesis Evangelion... from a business stand point well, who here hasn't bought a NGE video or DVD? From the content stand point, well this maybe because I have a releatively low collection right now, but NGE is just still a anime gem, it's in your face, makes no appologies about making you feel cold after watching a really depressing episode, and I mean it just so in your face with all of the themes and if you start really reading into all of the very suttle themes and information, it will just blow your mind away at how much everything is so interlaced with one another.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote