The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 08-23-2010, 12:38 AM   #3751
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel4802 View Post
Manami to Kio: "You're so pathetic for a man."

I don't know how many of you are keeping up with this series, but after watching Asobi ni Ikuyo Ep 6, I have to vent. Kio, the male lead, seriously pisses me off. I absolutely can not stand this trend in anime where all the girls fall for these nose bleed wimps, like Kio, who possess no balls and treat girls as if they have AIDS. I hope that loser gets a bullet to the skull and the girls move on to someone more "manly.
I nearly choked when they brought out the Chow Yun Fat doll. That was an funny surprise.

As for the lead character being a wimp I think you have Tenchi to thank for that everyones been copying it since.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #3752
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #3753
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Crunchyroll is streaming that weirdness.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:40 AM   #3754
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
ok, is full metal alchemist done and how much of Brother hood the same from the manga, I don't want to get burned again with filler crap!
spider-prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #3755
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
ok, is full metal alchemist done and how much of Brother hood the same from the manga, I don't want to get burned again with filler crap!
Yeah, it's done. The first episode and the....4th? (I wanna say) are "filler". I use quotes because it gets referenced in a fun way at the end. But everything after episode 8 is new material. They skip over stuff that they know you know about like the oppressed mining town, and the recap is pretty quick. They cover about 20 episodes worth of stuff in about 6, only hitting the bullet points because, yo, you already know all this stuff.

~So Should You~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Old 09-24-2010, 07:44 AM   #3756
da missinlink
MIA It would seem

Full Metal Alchemist manga has been finished for a few months, but recently had a spin off chapter released. I believe it was something like Full Metal Alchemist Gaiden, and may lead to more.

I haven't seen an episode of brotherhood since 23. Might check it out to see if it stayed true to the manga in the near future.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #3757
Vegetto
Alive

Brotherhood finished a while ago, great anime, loved it.
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #3758
Daniel4802
That booty too fine

With the Fall lineup pretty much wrapped up for most of the series, here is my brief review of a few of them:

Best
Amagami SS - With so many immature romances out there, Amagami SS was a breath of fresh air in that it tackled relationships on a mature and realistic level. Each of the girls thus far had their own distinctive personality and turned out very likable. To me, there was a perfect balance between awkwardness, humor and teasing to compliment the evolution of their relationships. The relationships in Amagami SS - despite being only 4 episodes long - gave the impression that they were deeper and more meaningful than those in typical series where romances are built up over 12-24+ episodes.

Legend of the Legendary Heroes - This is a solid series all around that features a great cast supported by rich character development, humor injected at the right times, and a very dark story with bloody confrontations. The tale unfolds at a nice pace, with each episode revealing something new about the characters' histories or the plot itself. If there is only one series to buy on Blu-ray, it will be this.

Seitokai - Although ecchi comedies are notorious for featuring perverted female cast members, very few manage to include a script where each outburst is genuinely hilarious and not forced - which is impressive considering these random and frequent situations occur literally every minute of the series. Its been a long time since I laughed this often and was caught off guard this much by sexually explicit jokes and innuendos that fit each character's personality.

Good
Occult Academy - This series features one of the best overall casts and stories from the Fall lineup whether you are an occult geek or not. It does an excellent job at progressing the story, introducing new monsters, characters and plot twists. With one final episode remaining, this could have been on my "Best" list if it weren't for the unexpected and anticlimactic ending to episode 12.

Nurarihyon no Mago - I remained neutral for the initial chapters, and nearly stopped watching it. But I'm glad I continued because the story, as well as the main protagonist, Rikuo, take a drastic change at the midway point when a series of events - namely a failed assassination attempt - causes the pacifist half-demon lord to accept his lineage and purpose.

Shiki - I read some of the manga before watching the anime. So far, the adaptation does nice a nice job introducing the large amount of characters and creating a history about them as well as keeping the vampires true to their selfish and dark nature. With so many characters and deaths, you are always wondering who the protagonist will be and what will come to the small village that is quickly witnessing the decline in its population.

Kaichou ha Maid-Sama - Continuing from the previous season, I give this comedic romance high marks because of its charming moments and the fact that Usai, the male lead, is not the stereotypical "nose bleed nerd" who pisses in his pants when girls make advances. On the contrary, Usai is a "man's man" who excels at everything he does, including annoying and confusing his love interest, Misaki, the female lead.

Worst
High School of the Dead - Every season there is one overly hyped series, and HotD was this Fall's candidate. Some may find this series enjoyable to watch but I didn't for a few reasons. First, HotD unfortunately inherits the common shortcoming that is seen in many zombie apocalypse films - lots of action but zero original story. I was trying hard to think of any spoilers throughout the entire season but was left empty. In fact, if all you watched was the PV trailer, you didn't miss anything story-wise. If it wasn't for Seako being such an awesome character, I would have stopped watching HotD a while back. To subtract even more points, the fan service went overboard and the breast physics was horrendous; since when do boobs move like they are made of liquid?

Asobi ni Iku Yo - If there was one series that was made almost unbearable to watch due to its weak cast, it was this. First off, Asobi features the most pathetic and useless male lead in the history of anime, Kio. Seriously, I haven't felt this much disdain for a male character since Wesley Crusher from Star Trek Enterprise and Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars. I really hate the "nosebleed geek" character that is so common these days, but this guy is King of Losers and lacks any qualities that make him interesting whatsoever. Up until the very end, he is completely oblivious to the fact that the three main female characters are all interested in him. To top it off, trained mercenaries Aoi and Manami who fall for Kio - why I have no freaking idea - end up being rather emo themselves.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:04 PM   #3759
javi

The World Only God Knows

Friend Code: 1246-9222-7767
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #3760
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

I read some of the manga for that, I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #3761
javi

I'm barely reading it right now, and I'm having the same problem too. The only reason why I know about it is because one of my friends read it all the way through and can't get enough of it.
Friend Code: 1246-9222-7767
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #3762
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

I'm reading it, I really like it but it feels like the manga-ka had spent a lot of time doing a lot of jokey things for the main character and skimped on the plot. The last 3 or 4 chapters have been very "what were we doing? OH SHIT RIGHT! Here's some plot shoved down your throat, no reveal, it's just this now go."

I'm looking forward to it though, I really don't know how it's going to work though, it's not the most exciting manga in the world, it's just kind of cute and funny to people who know about japanese fetishist games.

~So Should You~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Old 09-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #3763
Dandadda
Soul Silver - 1978 3113 2164

Actually I kinda like TWGOK so I'm looking forward to the Anime,

but let me just say Amagami SS was filled with LIES, COMPLETE BS!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:16 AM   #3764
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
The wraparound jacket band on the 35th volume of Kentarou Miura's Berserk fantasy manga is announcing this month that a new anime project is launching. More information will be provided in Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine and the affiliated Young Animal Web site.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:35 AM   #3765
Dandadda
Soul Silver - 1978 3113 2164

YES!!!!!!! THIS IS FULL OF WIN!!!