The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 12-30-2004, 10:37 AM   #331
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

You'll also not only need the Sailor Stars season, you need to get the Live Action tv series. To my knowledge it is 50 episodes and is the only part of Sailor Moon that isn't intentionally suggustive, it's a Shoujo Sentai Series.

I demand that everyone watch the following shows:

Beck
Samurai Champloo
One Piece(not the ****ty 4kids dub)
Naruto
Tenjou Tenge
Gundam Seed Destiny
Gankutsuou
Gensheiken
Bleach
Green Green
Tsukihime

Last edited by Messanic; 12-30-2004 at 10:41 AM.
Messanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:59 PM   #332
naruto_sensei
O N E P I E C E

samurai chaploo? I watched the first couple of episodes and didn't like it. did it get better?
naruto_sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 03:59 PM   #333
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

I was suprised the other day. The first R1 DVD of Samurai Champloo comes out on 1/15/05.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 06:34 PM   #334
Newtype

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto_sensei
samurai chaploo? I watched the first couple of episodes and didn't like it. did it get better?
Well, kinda depends. I mean the action is all good but far as the story goes...not so good.
Newtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:47 PM   #335
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

Most people don't like the whole Feudal Japan/Hip Hop thing, but I do, just like I like Star Trek and Jazz(Cowboy Bebop). It's actually funny that you guys are complaining, Samurai Champloo is just another good series from Shinichiro Watanabe, there are many similarities between Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop. Mugen=Spike, Jin=Jett, Fuu=Ed/Faye, then theres the nonprogressive yet interesting episodes that have nothing to do with the plot just like Cowboy Bebop. Simply put, if you liked Cowboy Bebop, you'll like Samurai Champloo.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:33 AM   #336
Decado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messanic
Tsukihime
Has anyone actually finished subbing the OVAs?

Samurai Champloo looked good from the first episode, though the whole rewinding thing was irritating. Yeah, the intro sucked, but you can just skip it. I'm waiting for the series to be finished in Japan before I pick it up. I just wished A-F continued with their HDTV releases, which looked phenominal.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 01:28 AM   #337
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Dr. Bombay ~ "Unless you have a region free DVD player, you're not gonna find Stars in america. Toei is more interested on having Sailor Moon remain as a kid friendly show, then having it be edgy and permiscuious like Stars is. Thus it will intentionally never be licenced."

That's too bad. I've heard little about StarS, so I wonder what's so "edgy" about it. Must be quite a contrast from the former four seasons. BTW, I have a region-free DVD player, but the DVD sets shown on ebay are region-0 (plays on all DVD systems) so I don't think that will be a problem.

Messanic ~ "You'll also not only need the Sailor Stars season, you need to get the Live Action tv series. To my knowledge it is 50 episodes and is the only part of Sailor Moon that isn't intentionally suggustive, it's a Shoujo Sentai Series."

Why would I want to watch a bad live action Sailor Moon?
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:21 AM   #338
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus4578
Dr. Bombay ~ "Unless you have a region free DVD player, you're not gonna find Stars in america. Toei is more interested on having Sailor Moon remain as a kid friendly show, then having it be edgy and permiscuious like Stars is. Thus it will intentionally never be licenced."

That's too bad. I've heard little about StarS, so I wonder what's so "edgy" about it. Must be quite a contrast from the former four seasons. BTW, I have a region-free DVD player, but the DVD sets shown on ebay are region-0 (plays on all DVD systems) so I don't think that will be a problem.

Messanic ~ "You'll also not only need the Sailor Stars season, you need to get the Live Action tv series. To my knowledge it is 50 episodes and is the only part of Sailor Moon that isn't intentionally suggustive, it's a Shoujo Sentai Series."

Why would I want to watch a bad live action Sailor Moon?

Sailor Stars has guys that turn into girls, to my knowledge, incest and lesbianism is nowhere as close to guys that just got screwed on super powers . As for the Sailor Moon Sentai, it's not so bad, theres always the jailbait actresses to oogle at.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:33 AM   #339
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Guys that turn to girls....?! Huh?
Old 01-01-2005, 03:20 PM   #340
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

Thats what the Sailor Stars are, thier three androgynous guys who have the same powers as the other sailor soldiers. But for some odd reason the creator decided to make them girls intead of leaving thier gender alone.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:01 AM   #341
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

That is odd. Would you say that Naoko Takeuchi did this intentionally for shock value or is there a legitimate purpose?
Old 01-02-2005, 01:36 AM   #342
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

Everything in Sailor Moon was done for shock value, and so are most of the other things done in Shoujo Manga.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:38 AM   #343
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

The first couple of seasons didn't appear to be anything shocking to myself. About the only "risque" thing that was done was the lesbianism of Neptune and Uranus.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:41 AM   #344
Messanic
I'm D-E-D, Dead!

Zoisite was a guy, him and Malicite were super gay with eachother. Those were villians that were in the first season.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:43 AM   #345
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Ah, that's true. And in SuperS one of the Amazon Trio (Fish-Eye) was gay as well.