The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 01-30-2008, 03:24 AM   #3301
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiryu1985 View Post
anyone think western "anime" like Batman Beyond, the new Batman, X-men evolution and even stuff like Xiolin Showdown are way better than anything on japanese tv right now?

mind you I havent watched saturday morning cartoons since 2006... but those were awesome series.

OMG I just realized I havent watched saturday morning cartoons in over 2 years </sad> Are Samurai Pizza Cats still on TV?
No. God no.

I watched Ben 10 and the new future justice league for the first time two days ago.

Shit was terrible. I'd watch the worst animes of the season before watching those again.

Avatar is pretty good though, I've seen all of that. It's like Naruto, if Naruto wasn't retarded. Gotta say though, I'm excited about the new ReBoot series due out at the end of this year.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:28 AM   #3302
Vegetto
Alive

oh snap I forgot about Reboot, one of my fav series ever, excited for that
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #3303
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

NEW REBOOT SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #3304
Decado

Where's Bleach at now? Haven't watch it for ages do to fillers...and now I don't quite recall what episode I stopped at. Around 70 or 80? I recall the main characters traveling to Soul Society or whatever it is called, then coming back. A few things happen and the short chick had to return and I think I left it at that.

Anyone know around what episode that was and when the main story arc resumes?

Thanks
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #3305
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiryu1985 View Post
did anyone see the Persona 3: Trinity Soul anime yet? Its been subbed by "shinsen", according to the wiki its set 10 years after Persona 3. I haven't watched it yet, but if its good I might play Persona 3 again.
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_-trinity_soul-
I am so far liking it, you will get it if you have played Persona 3 or any other Persona. As most SMT games just throw you in without explaining anything. This is because speculating on small bits of information you get makes the game that much more dark or mysterious. Persona Trinity Soul does not dissapoint me one bit and the VELVET ROOM reappears in the first episode.

As for Gundam 00 I am pissed that those FLAGS and other MS cannot hold a candle to the Throne Gundams. I am just waiting for them to develop something on par to make the show more interesting.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #3306
shinobi00
Hyper Ninja 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado View Post
Where's Bleach at now? Haven't watch it for ages do to fillers...and now I don't quite recall what episode I stopped at. Around 70 or 80? I recall the main characters traveling to Soul Society or whatever it is called, then coming back. A few things happen and the short chick had to return and I think I left it at that.

Anyone know around what episode that was and when the main story arc resumes?

Thanks
You must be referring to the bounto saga which I actually thought turned out pretty good in the end. It's worth watching but i don't remember your exact episode.

Actually my question is quite similar to yours. The last episode of bleach I watched, was when they travel to hecto mundo and they meet these new characters that guide them to the soul society. Does anyone know what episode that is?

edit:
nevrmind we were just both being lazy. just do a search for bleach episode guide, and you'll find where you left off.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #3307
Zachalmighty
Future Demon King

Bleach is at 160 atm.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:46 AM   #3308
Decado

Which ones are fillers? I don't want to download or watch them.

BTW, has anyone seen City Hunter? Looks interesting, but rather old. Wonder if it is still worth watching today.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:06 AM   #3309
Diavle

Quote:
BTW, has anyone seen City Hunter? Looks interesting, but rather old. Wonder if it is still worth watching today.
I love CH, simple but hilarious with great characters.

Old is gold in this case.
Diavle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #3310
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

What are you talking bout?
Old usually is gold.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #3311
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistatee View Post
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

NEW REBOOT SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup, it's coming back in q4 of this year. I'm worried though, they were talking about a complete style change.

They were accepting fan scripts about a month ago though. I submitted one.

god i'd love to work on that show. A geek's dream come true.

Quote:
Which ones are fillers? I don't want to download or watch them.
There's only a few episodes of filler between the bount and current. For the bount saga, just skip to episode 83. The filler after that point is actually pretty entertaining. after that, you can go through them, it's just Hitsugaia's offworld team doing stupid shit (Matsumoto shops, suprise). Though it does expand on the personalities of the offworld team's modsouls (Matsumoto's is a whore, Ikkaku's is a coward, Ikkaku's teammate's is a badass, Hitsugaia's is a idiotic coward [I'll hide in this trashcan that's in the middle of the fight]), and that's generally pretty funny.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:25 AM   #3312
Diavle

Quote:
What are you talking bout?
Old usually is gold.
Not if nostalgia is put aside.

Its not often that I consider something old truly good if I watch it in this day and age for the first time, without giving it leeway for being old.

Examples that come to mind are Macross SDF and A Wind Named Amnesia (aside from CH mentioned above).

What I definitely do prefer from the 80s and 90s anime is the style of art, I find most of todays anime styles to be very meh.
Diavle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #3313
Mistatee
Linguistic Massacre

Well I guess it kind of depends on what you consider old, but here I go...

Being tired of this new gundam shit, and by new I mean completely indestructible robots from space, I sat down to watch a classic.

MS Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory.
In direct comparison with Gundam 00, 0083 managed to have just as much emotional (emo) character development as 00, needing only 13 episodes to do so (00 has 19 released thus far) and having way more intense combat at the same time. The intense combat stems partially from the fact that the Gundams are treated as advanced mobile suits instead of Gods, but also becuase the direction of the show is much better.
The Same can be said about Char's Counterattack, and 8th MS Team as well.

And another thing that is infinitively better about old shows are their opening and ending themes.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #3314
Decado

Quote:
Well I guess it kind of depends on what you consider old, but here I go...

Being tired of this new gundam shit, and by new I mean completely indestructible robots from space, I sat down to watch a classic.

MS Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory.
In direct comparison with Gundam 00, 0083 managed to have just as much emotional (emo) character development as 00, needing only 13 episodes to do so (00 has 19 released thus far) and having way more intense combat at the same time. The intense combat stems partially from the fact that the Gundams are treated as advanced mobile suits instead of Gods, but also becuase the direction of the show is much better.
The Same can be said about Char's Counterattack, and 8th MS Team as well.

And another thing that is infinitively better about old shows are their opening and ending themes.
I tried to watch Stardust Memory. Seems like it might be OK...but the main character wound up being so stereotypical and annoying I just couldn't stand it. I also have 8th MS Team...but hesitate to even try it given how awful Gundam shows are in general.

Speaking of blasts from the past...I grabbed the original 110 episode OVA run of Legends of Galactic Heroes last week. I wonder if I'll watch it. Big time commitment so it will have to grab me almost instantly.

I'll have to find some batch torrents for Bleach. Too much effort to dl them one at a time. Thanks for the heads-up, Bombay.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #3315
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
The only good gundam is 0080 war in the pocket. It's the only gundam I actually enjoyed, the rest are all the same shit.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote