The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 09-18-2007, 10:53 PM   #3211
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
damn straight it was! I'm enjoying the zombie arc right now, it's wacky and cool at the same time.

HONE FUSANNNNNN!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #3212
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

A bit of a longshot but anyone here have a "Privileged" account at Danbooru and fancy sending an invite?

http://miezaru.donmai.us/help/faq

After finally seeing the end of DMC TV hopefully Devil May Cry 4 will have absolutly nothing to do with the TV series' at all.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:17 PM   #3213
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I watched one episode of it, is it really that bad?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #3214
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

The start was alright and it got better during the last 2 episodes but in the middle there's some awful crap. Doesn't help that Dante is followed around by like a 11 year old girl for the whole series either. There should have tied it in with the games aswell somehow along the way.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #3215
Decado

Anyone know if Gurren Lagann DVD will have uncut/extra content?
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #3216
Alucard

Ok maybe one of you will know this site that I somehow cant recall. Its a guy who reviews new anime series that come out, usually has a screencap and a description of the first episode. I know theres a few around like that but this one I'm having trouble finding. So if anyone knows a link with a site like I described, toss it up here. I've tried googling it since thats how I found it months back but I cant seem to find it now.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #3217
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Oh, I think I know the site you mean. I stubbled across it aswell a few times when looking for pictures. Unfortunaly no link.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:38 PM   #3218
Decado

Is it posted in a blog - like format?
Old 10-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #3219
Alucard

Not really.. It was like a large blank page. Pic in the middle, paragraph of text below it, repeat onwards.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #3220
spider-prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decado
Anyone know if Gurren Lagann DVD will have uncut/extra content?

if it seems like they have stuff censored and crap then yeah it probably will, tons of anime from TV are like that when they get on video.

Like berserk, Fist of the Blue Sky, etc.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:36 PM   #3221
Decado

Wow, almost 2 months since this thread last saw activity. Goes to show what a horrible Fall line-up there is (literally nothing I'm looking forward to seeing subbed).

Scarily enough, I may even catch up on my anime backlog before things start chugging along again. A seven month vacuum where nothing worthwhile is being shown.

Just finished watching Darker than Black. Wonderful show! It has been a while since I watched something so enjoyable (that said, I haven't seen Claymore and Moribito, yet).
Old 11-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #3222
Kiryu1985
Communist

The last anime I watched was Devil May Cry episode 1, damn did it suck, I was expecting Nightwarriors or something along the lines of Street Fighter the movie and 2V, but it was just a generic Trigun clone.

Anime really started to suck for the last 8 years, not enough action and comedy, but too much yapping and story, I think its because there are too many series instead of full length movies, because in the past you had kick ass stuff like Ninja Scroll, Akira, and Wrath of the Ninja, what about now? Any good full length anime movies? I watched Steamboy, and it was meh, too serious, no comedy like in Spirited Away or Kiki's Delivery Service.

I'm into japanese dramas right now, they feel more realistic and some really have good storylines.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #3223
Dr. Bombay
ificouldjustbemorehuman

If you haven't watched Baccano!, you need go to watch Baccano!.
~And The Lies There, The Scent Of It, Just Too Much~

~So Should You~
~Sow It Once and Make It Grow, The Sweet Clematis~
~Let It Flower, and Paint it All Of The Colors Old~
Instantly Things Fall and Fade, Return to Silence~
~Why Oh Why, Why Does It All Feel So Sorrowful?~
~Dreams Of What Is Real~
Dr. Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:21 PM   #3224
Diavle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiryu1985
The last anime I watched was Devil May Cry episode 1, damn did it suck, I was expecting Nightwarriors or something along the lines of Street Fighter the movie and 2V, but it was just a generic Trigun clone.

Anime really started to suck for the last 8 years, not enough action and comedy, but too much yapping and story, I think its because there are too many series instead of full length movies, because in the past you had kick ass stuff like Ninja Scroll, Akira, and Wrath of the Ninja, what about now? Any good full length anime movies? I watched Steamboy, and it was meh, too serious, no comedy like in Spirited Away or Kiki's Delivery Service.

I'm into japanese dramas right now, they feel more realistic and some really have good storylines.
I pretty much feel the exact same way, except that I loved Steamboy and didn't like Spirited Away. I've pretty much given up on anime at this point.

I tried a few Japanese dramas but the only one I liked is A Million Stars Falling From the Sky, really good stuff. I prefer Korean ones, the newest one I have watched is The Devil, so damn good its not even funny. The story was excellent, so were the main actors (the lawyer guy in particula) and especially the soundtrack. Awesome (and kept you guessing) from start to finish (there are 20 eps).
Diavle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:14 PM   #3225
spider-prime

The only new anime episodes I'm watching is just the usual Bleach and One Piece, I'm bored of all the rest. I love one piece the best cause each story arc is completely different from the other ones, only thing the same is there is a evil guy with devil fruit powers that only luffy can beat up. lolol Loving the Zombie Thriller Bark story arc. Oz is funny. tee hee.

But the only new thing I'm waiting for is Paprika to come out on DVD this tuesday. I can't wait to watch it, I love Satoshi Kon's animes.