The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 05-23-2004, 01:49 AM   #16
Vegetto
Alive

oh come on Dragon half poor???? I loved that show!!! what little there was!

anyway my favorite...psh....its an all out tie, cowboy bebop, Gundam Wing, and...uh..DBZ of course

im sorry...I just love DBZ....im sorry....

you know what else im really in love with at the moment is INUYASHA, it just has a charm to me....I cant get enough of it, and I get SHONEN JUMP monthly, I absolutly LOVE NARUTO, I can imagine how cool the Anime would be, also ONE PEICE is awesome too, never saw the anime of that either, but yeah....I'll shut up now
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 02:13 AM   #17
DeathStroke
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Ombra

good choice..one of the most contreversial endings ever..
Yeah, that ending isn't perfect and is emblematic of the way most anime series I like, end. The fact that many series are adapted from Manga and are meant to be an addition to the comics instead of a whole other medium pisses me off sometimes. But then, there's always the chance that they will go back and fill in the gaps by making a season two.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:33 AM   #18
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Ummmm, anything that doesn't have the word Dragonball or Pokemon in it.... I hate those shows with a passion. I never liked Pokemon but I did like DB when I first watched it but good god did it get old.... so... very... fast...

I really like:

Yu Yu Hakusho (kinda slow at the beginning but once the Dark Tournment stuff starts coming into it play it just gets way too good not to watch, by far so much better than any thing any of the Dragonball series had to offer in my opinion)

RahXephon (NGE is great, but theres just something about RahXephon thats so much more.... fullfilling... plus I kinda like the whole connection to sound and music theme they have going. NGE is just a little over the top with the whole religious theme, maybe deeper but it just gets too frickin' out of control by the end of things)

Trigun (Come on, who couldn't love the Wild West meets Sci-Fi action? And of course ::does the Vash peace sign:: LOVE AND PEACE, LOVE AND PEACE, LOOOOOVE AAAAAAND PEACEEEEEE)

Full Metal Panic (I'm in to Love Comedies for some reaons, yeah I know RenX into Love Comedies, but I also love the mecha action, as scarce as it is.)

Love Hina (Love it, can't say much else)

Tenchi Muyo (OVA only please!!! I did not like where they went with Universe and in Tokyo, GXP is kinda nice though It's more like Tenchi Muyo GXP Sugar High, it's just all over the place)

Wolfs Rain (Been watching it on adult swim, seems like a pretty good series, of course I've always been fasinated with the concept of werewolves.)

Lastly but definately not least,

Gundam SEED (OMG, this is the Gudam Series, I mean hell their even taking Inuyasha off japanese TV in september to start the second one, It's Wing and the Classic Gundam meshed together, thumbs ups for this Gundam series... please keep the good times rollin'!!)

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:33 AM   #19
Mainstreme Fan
Banned

It pretty silly how peple clame YYH is better then DBZ, when the crap is nothing more but a ripoff of Z. Those who badmouth Z has never really seen the anime in it`s true from. The dub is not one of the best.

Transformer and G.I.Joe are not animes. Voltorn is a anime.
Mainstreme Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:47 AM   #20
DeathStroke
Lone Wolf

The sub titled version isn't exactly going to help the biggest criticism labled against DBZ and that is, its story and the way it just drags on and on. You don't need ten episodes based around the premise that the planet is going to explode in five minutes. Not to mention that those ten episodes are composed of a whole lot of posing. The best thing the sub titled version will give you is more violence and head exploding and what not. If that actually makes the dragging on bearable for you, then more power to you. Me personally, I agree that YYH is all around the better anime. Another one was Flame of Recca that was based around the same tournament premise but had a deeper story then DBZ and what I've seen of YYH. Too bad it ended just like Berserk did.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:20 PM   #21
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
Originally posted by Mainstreme Fan
It pretty silly how peple clame YYH is better then DBZ, when the crap is nothing more but a ripoff of Z. Those who badmouth Z has never really seen the anime in it`s true from. The dub is not one of the best.

Transformer and G.I.Joe are not animes. Voltorn is a anime.
YYH is still fresh, it hasn't been repeated on just about every TV Station for the last 10 years or so years. I liked it when I first watched it, but it's more of a thing of it being pushed into the spot light sooo much that it just like, ok, you can't find anything better than this?

Plus it's also the fact that, DBZ is more or less just like the stepping stone anime for a lot of people, it's like their answer to Pokemon once they get around 10 or so and just realize, man i can't connect with this anymore.

And You know I'm so tired of the word "ripoff" being used around here, it seems like it's become the motto around here, If it's not orginal it's a RIPOFF, You know, yeah, Yu Yu is a trip off of DBZ... but you know what, it takes what DBZ did and makes it ten times better. The characters are better, definately more well though out than any in DBZ (besides Vegeta, he's the only one I think that actually got more than 5 minutes of though from the creator) All of the characters are important to the story in some way, sure theres the main hero, but with out the rest of his team he'd be dead with in minutes. Plus... I always hated those looooooong periods where Goku or somebody was just.... off training or they where waiting for the big bad evil to come.... with YYH, you don't have time to worry all that much because they skip over the downtime crap and just get you right into the story centric stuff.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:50 PM   #22
Robo Halloween
Banned

You know, I remember reading that Yu Yu Hakusho is supposedly a loose ripoff to Jojo Part 4. But still, Yu Yu is a very awesome show and the only thing watchable right now on CN other than Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Robo Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:27 AM   #23
Vegetto
Alive

GPX WAS actually very enjoyable, even though Tenchi was in like 2 episodes it still was funny stuff
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:39 AM   #24
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

ranma 1/2, bebop, magical shopping arcade abenobashi, berserk, uhhhhh.......samurai champloo..i know only 1 episode of champloo so far but man that was cool
Old 05-24-2004, 05:22 AM   #25
ombra

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshugana
i know only 1 episode of champloo so far but man that was cool
i envy you.

my connection is taking his sweet time hooking me up with that one..
ombra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:47 AM   #26
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

ya i love champloo so far, for those who dont know, by the maker of bebop, just aired in japan, bebop had jazz music, this has hip hop , its cool the way they fight to the music..
Old 05-24-2004, 05:50 AM   #27
ombra

Quote:
ya i love champloo so far, for those who dont know, by the maker of bebop, just aired in japan, bebop had jazz music, this has hip hop , its cool the way they fight to the music..
you're TRYING to make me hate you huh

kidding..thanks for the heads up..i'm always at a los for words when it comes to what exactly it is about..

could you put up a short no spoilers reveiw if you have the chance? a lot of people are dying to know what it's about..the relationships between characters and such..

thanks in advance!
Old 05-24-2004, 05:51 AM   #28
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

macross plus, excell saga, man time for movies, ninja scroll, princess mononoke, spriggan, voltage fighters is hilarious (and its not even a comedy)of course vampire hunter D, bebop movie....uhhh.....evagelion..kinda.....outgrew it.....evangelion movie is sweet tho......
Old 05-24-2004, 05:55 AM   #29
ombra

Quote:
voltage fighters is hilarious (and its not even a comedy)
it was..hurray for boobies..and..incest?

i can't find the tape anymore, but the cover is still in a frame..an odd duck anime.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:33 PM   #30
Mainstreme Fan
Banned

The reasonwhy DBZ is so long cause the manga lasted 10 years. The anime writers had to make filler cause sometime they were catching up to the manga story.so they had to give the manga writer some breathing. I also recall the character in YYH had to train before or duirng the battles. YYH char are not all that intresting while some some of DBZ like Vegeta,piccolo,gohan trunks and goku are more interresting then the entire cast of YYH. Atlest goku has lost some battle in both sereis while yuske has yet to lost. How lame is that? And don`t get me started on the music from YYH.
Mainstreme Fan is offline   Reply With Quote