The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 08-01-2002, 07:06 PM   #1
FumieHosokawa
changed how I judge women

Hideo Kojima's Next

"Eclipse": http://www.gameforms.com/news/?308

Not cross-platformed on PS2 or Xbox, yet. Still think Nintendo's missing out on third-party support?
FumieHosokawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 07:29 PM   #2
CodeNameRaiden

Thumbs down

It doesn't work.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:13 PM   #3
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Quote:
In a press packet released yesterday at the Game Giant fair in France, Konami confirmed the existence of Hideo Kojima's latest game, Eclipse.
Black Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 10:21 PM   #4
CodeNameRaiden

Thumbs down

I wonder if it can give Metal Gear Solid 2 a run for its money. Eclipse? Last I heard it was a parent and child theme.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:25 AM   #5
FumieHosokawa
changed how I judge women

Eclipse vs. MGS2

Quote:
Originally posted by CodeNameRaiden
I wonder if it can give Metal Gear Solid 2 a run for its money. Eclipse? Last I heard it was a parent and child theme.
Why not? I doubt there's that much money left in Metal Gear Solid 2, even if it is released in "director's cut"/VR-Mission form, on Xbox (a year later) and PS2 (again). My fifty bucks would rather go to an original story. You know that parent and child will be super-spies or something badass.
FumieHosokawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 03:16 AM   #6
aneep

have u guys check gamefront yet ?(the source credited for the info at the gameforms article)

Eclipse was mention under the Konami (the only game under Konami in the press brief)
the pic of the Nintendo press brief (i assume) is quite outdated, even listing Rubu Tribe as coming to GC (the game was already cancelled quite some time ago, and was never announced for GC)

i'm not doubting this news about Kojima making a game for GC however, since he have said that he wants to do a game on it since before MGS2 was released, but i'd like a more concrete source then the Nintendo press brief

-aneep-
aneep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 08:58 AM   #7
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

Hmm.. supposedly the g4me is focused on the "family unit" and involves a s0n trying to "eclipse" his father's legacy. Whatever that means... need to know m0r3...

Anyw4y, this is what M1ke from PlanetGamecube.com had to s4y:
Quote:
Mike from PlanetGamecube
I remember at E3 2001, a Japanese film crew in front of Luigi?s Mansion was interviewing Yuji Naka and Hideo Kojima, and both men were very excited about the GameCube. There were a bunch of rumors that MGS2 would make its way to the GameCube, and though Kojima denounced these, he said he would like to make a game for the GameCube. I heard about ?Eclipse? awhile ago, but like many I thought it was bunk.

Interestingly enough, I?ve seen some scans of the press releases given out at the French Game Giant Fair. Other upcoming GameCube releases listed as future GameCube releases include Perfect Dark Zero, Donkey Kong Racing and Final Fantasy from Square, which would indicate these titles are still coming along too.
0ne can only hope...