The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 07-14-2006, 02:52 AM   #1
TheHardware
The Moment..

SWG anything new?

Hey I used to play SWG when it first came out after a few months of realizing that everyone could pwn a TKM i quit. Ive been playing FFXI since but just recently quit that, now im thinking of a new game to play. wondering since i still have this SWG here, should i try it agina....anyone know if there have been any major improvements? im going to read the swg forums but just wanted to get some quick feedback.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:57 AM   #2
Pikachief
To save or to feed?

i've had SWG since about 2 weeks after it came out and i hhaven't played it yet........ since it was my bro's and he only played it mabey twice then got LOTR2 BFME
Old 07-15-2006, 10:35 AM   #3
Anthrax

SWG changed a lot. It is more action-orientated. Before there was a wide selection of classes and multi-classing. Now SOE consolidated all of them into (correct me if I'm wrong) 11 classes. They also removed the Jedi trial quest because you can start as one now.
Anthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:40 AM   #4
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I had a real jedi. Before they were handed out like candy. After they made that change the game was unplayable for me and a whooooole lot of people left.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:44 AM   #5
Alexander
I speak with codes.

The game is laggy and buggy as hell. Took me 30 minutes to get past the intro tutorial and there is this constant slowdown that I can't explain. doesn't happen on any other, better-looking games that I have so I just quit since it was unplayable.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks

yeah same problem here when i played that game, i upgraded to 2 gigs ram and it was smooth after that
Old 07-15-2006, 11:48 PM   #7
Alexander
I speak with codes.

The game is so graphically dated. It shouldn't take 2 gigs to smooth it out.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:16 AM   #8
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

I had to play it with all the setting turned down to get a smooth frame rate.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote