The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 04-06-2004, 03:46 PM   #1
Alistein

New Xbox Exclusive Rpg:Twlight of Lareleth

Twlight of Lareleth

http://www.spinningreality.com/projects/gallery.html

In the Beginning...

At the dawn of time, when Lareleth was still an infantile world inhabited by simple and peaceful lifeforms, a catastrophic meteor impact nearly destroyed all life on the planet. The impact heralded a severe survival-of-the-fittest at the mercy of random genetics for many years, and from this period emerged the two dominant species of Lareleth: the Elves and the Gnolls.

Before long, the two races came into contact - and soon after to war. Struggling for survival on the harsh, slowly-recovering surface of Lareleth, the two species engaged in an arm's race which began with simple sticks and crude bone weapons, but quickly advanced to tempered steel blades and lethal longbows. After much bloodshed, the Elves finally discovered within them the key to their ultimate victory: they began to harness an innate magical potential.

Eventually, the Elves and Gnolls met in great force on the field of battle in a conflict so massive the very world shook with their rage, and the Elves defeated the Gnolls and drove them back into the harsh deserts of Lareleth.

Using their new-found runic magic, the Elves sealed themselves into a mighty fortress at fabled Al'Elromir - for they knew the Gnolls bred quickly, and remembered long. For a time they knew peace, and prospered unhindered. But fate was not to favor them forever...

Copyright ? 2004 Spinning Reality. All rights reserved.

http://www.spinningreality.com/projects/story.html

Old 04-06-2004, 04:23 PM   #2
Nyceane
pickup games

doesnt attract me at all
Old 04-06-2004, 04:31 PM   #3
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Well that's probs because you seem awfully biased against the Xbox. Looks fairly interesting to me.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 05:50 PM   #4
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

it looks funky, like a midevil Okage but with western style graphics, altho I doubt the story will be as cool as Shadow King

and nyceane sucks goat cock, bottom line.

Last edited by Axe Wielding Nut; 04-06-2004 at 06:00 PM.
Axe Wielding Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 07:58 PM   #5
Alistein

Point is the xbox is now getting the rpg love and this game is set to release Q4 2004 that's later this year. It might be good the developing team consists of developeres from Konami who worked on the metal gear series,silicon knights(Eternal darkness). here is a little info from the site

Established in April 2003, Spinning Reality is quickly forging itself as a developer of cutting-edge console videogames. Our first title is a 3D Action/RPG for Microsoft?s Xbox(TM).
Featuring a compelling story, which can be enjoyed alone, or co-operatively by up to four players, the game features a number of unique, genre-blending gameplay innovations, and on-line support with Microsoft?s XboxLive(TM). More details on the project can be found here.

Who Are We?

Together, we currently comprise almost 40 years of game industry experience, with members having worked on AAA titles for PC, Xbox(TM), Gamecube(TM) and Playstation2(TM), with recent highlights including:

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (2004, Gamecube(TM))
Unreal Tournament 2003 (2002, PC)
Unreal Championship (2002, Xbox(TM))
Eternal Darkness (2002, Gamecube(TM))
In this industry, experience matters. To ship a fun, successful title in today?s competitive games market requires unparalleled technical, artistic and design innovation. By bringing all this to the table and more, we hope to break new ground with our upcoming Q4/2004 title Twilight of Lareleth.

Currently in the process of growing the team, we're always looking for dedicated and talented individuals who have worked on at least one console title, from inception through shipping. If that's you, we'd like to hear from you.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:57 PM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

hmm... not really interested for now. Well see how the game presents itself at E3 (if it hits E3 that is).
Old 04-07-2004, 04:31 PM   #7
gearhound1
Banned

hey, is arx fatalis a good game? yep, i am buying it.
gearhound1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:02 PM   #8
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

tell us what's it's like afterwards, wanna get it myself at some point.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:42 PM   #9
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

Not a very innovative story...but we'll see how it shapes up when E3 comes around.

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation,
The Division, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:17 AM   #10
gearhound1
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Escaflowne2001
tell us what's it's like afterwards, wanna get it myself at some point.
sure thing

i am so glad that the xbox is getting more RPGs.

Last edited by gearhound1; 04-08-2004 at 05:08 AM.
gearhound1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:28 PM   #11
Vert1
Banned

this game looks fugly.
Vert1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:17 PM   #12
Decado

Hmmm. No publisher.

Anyway, no-name company making a semi ambitious, single player/multiplayer (never a good idea) RPG...not expecting much. Could be cool if it turns out well, though.
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:43 AM   #13
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Remember everyone developer was a no-name developer at some point they all have to start somewhere
Old 04-13-2004, 09:01 AM   #14
Zod
All hail the hypno-toad!!

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits was about humans and monsters against each other in a similar manner. There was no meteor though and only an ancient evil that tried to wipe out the world in the past instead. In TotS's history, that ancient evil's near-global disaster is what pitted humans against the monsters in a "survival of the fittest" battle that survived into the modern age (in game time), where the game starts off with humans and monsters confined to certain areas to avoid contact with each other.

This game so far reminds me too much of TotS.

It's obvious that the developer is trying to go for an anime look to compete against Japanese RPG's, and that makes it look odd to me.

Last edited by Zod; 04-13-2004 at 09:06 AM.
Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 03:32 PM   #15
Alistein

Why is it odd no one said the developers were not Asians. Part of the development team worked on the metal gear series. Also let's wait till E3 before making judgements ,it's an exclusive rpg after all for xbox with per pixel lighting(Doom 3) it might actually turn out good. I hope it does as I would love to see a quality rpg on a powerful console like the xbox. In any case the xbox is getting a lot of rpg love as of recent this is I think the fourth rpg announced for xbox.