The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 03-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #46
Sammythy

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Altimus
I didn't own a dreamcast at the time, so I couldn't buy the game. I regret not getting one then too..Because the cheapest I've seen 3rd Strike for sale nowadays is around 100$
The official Dreamcast gamepad is also simply not designed to handle Capcom's fighters.
Sammythy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:59 PM   #47
Smirnof-X

thrid strike for over 100$$??? are you sh itting me? I have 3 copys all of which i stole from EB's bargain bin. I have the Japanese edition sealed. Anybody who wants them, 40 bucks a piece
Smirnof-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:33 PM   #48
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

$100 is highly over exaggerated. Around $40-$50 is not however.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:26 AM   #49
GodOfCookery

Quote:
Originally posted by Smirnof-X
"games...you wont find any hardcore SF fans complaining about capcom re-releasing old fighters with online capability... Re-
What a stupid remark, you won't find any hardcore EA FIFA soccer/ EA NBA / EA NHL fan complaining either. HARDCORE FANS NEVER COMPLAIN!!!!1
Old 03-17-2004, 01:18 PM   #50
ATMA
Gamer junkie

SFZ 3 on the Saturn goes around $90 on ebay..seen it myself. SF 3RD Strike on the DC is a very rare title to find nowadays. But the price tag isn't that high like the one on SFZ 3 Saturn version.

PS: GodofCookery i've posted my impressions of Puyo Pop Fever in he general gaming discussion. Check it out.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:59 PM   #51
Smirnof-X

Quote:
Originally posted by GodOfCookery
What a stupid remark, you won't find any hardcore EA FIFA soccer/ EA NBA / EA NHL fan complaining either. HARDCORE FANS NEVER COMPLAIN!!!!1
Haha, very good point....

Ive got the Saturn SFZ, Gem Fighter, Vampire Savior, XmenVS, MarvelVS...I had NO idea sfz3 fetched that much, Im putting mine up on Ebay tomorow, along with a couple SF3's...I would care but Ive got all these games on my computer (the only 4mb ram cart worth saving is Vampire) the rest can go. Although I will miss the nice packaging...
Old 03-18-2004, 05:19 AM   #52
GodOfCookery

Quote:
Originally posted by ATMA
PS: GodofCookery i've posted my impressions of Puyo Pop Fever in he general gaming discussion. Check it out.
Thanks I will!
Old 03-18-2004, 06:45 AM   #53
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

If you really wanna get technical about it, Capcom could fit every single SF title onto one DVD effortlessly. Now THAT would be a collection worth owning baby!
Old 03-18-2004, 09:32 PM   #54
Cobi*
renegade

Quote:
Originally posted by Icarus4578
If you really wanna get technical about it, Capcom could fit every single SF title onto one DVD effortlessly. Now THAT would be a collection worth owning baby!
Yeah, but I'm waiting for the day it all comes loaded on an arcade joystick... just like they have for old-school games like pacman and joust, etc nowadays. You don't even need a console for that, all you do it plug it into the TV and play... that would be sweet.
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:33 PM   #55
Smirnof-X

I'm not an ass pirate or anything, but i have every street fighter, marvel game, 2d beat um up, side scroller made by capcom on a DVD and on my Xbox harddrive. Not counting CPSIII stuff, of course.

Dont worry though, I didnt steal the games, I own all of them in some form or another on saturn, dreamcast ETC. (well except for perfect ports of alien vs predator, punisher, gouls and ghosts, strider etc.) ok so i stole a couple. Hey, its payback for that crappy punisher port on genesis! bout time i get my moneys worth (10 years)
Old 03-21-2004, 02:10 PM   #56
Mr Mort
Giganticus breathalizer

Quote:
Originally posted by ATMA
SFZ 3 on the Saturn goes around $90 on ebay..seen it myself. SF 3RD Strike on the DC is a very rare title to find nowadays. But the price tag isn't that high like the one on SFZ 3 Saturn version.

SFZ3 on the Saturn is my favorite game of all time. I made sure to get one copy to play and one copy to keep sealed
All the Capcom 2D fighters on the Saturn are amazing (especially the 4meg cart ones). I was pretty dissapointed with most of the DC ports. Most of them seem to be running in a lower resolution or something because they're pretty pixelated. If you compare SFZ3 on the DC vs the Saturn, the Saturn version looks much better. In addition the DC version is still missing some animation. In fact, 3rd Strike for DC is pretty pixelated as well. The animation's beautiful, but it looks a bit grainy. I hope they fix that on the PS2 version, and even more important, the PS2 version better come out in North America, or I'll be pissed...
Old 03-21-2004, 03:20 PM   #57
ATMA
Gamer junkie

SFZ3 (Saturn) was proven to be superior to the DC and Psx version, combine that with the Saturn joypad it was just a perfect.
ATMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:54 AM   #58
Cyphatic

3rd Strike might be worth it if they fix what they broke in the DC version. Pretty much just a couple links/combos.

The other thing nice about it would be if it had the same soundtrack as the DC version, which was a bit different than the soundtrack released on CD. On the PS2 I could rip the tracks... maybe.

But if you're going to whine about something "new," don't be expecting anything in the SF area.

Street Fighter 4 is going to be 2008 (to celebrate the aniversary). Check out my post on Shoryuken.com forums, where I went into depth with predictions/hopes/the very few facts out about this game so far.

There might be a Street Fighter 2.5 around 2006.

Besides that, expect ports/rehashes, and maybe if we're lucky, a good non-SF fighter.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:18 PM   #59
Robo Halloween
Banned

Bump:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=102906

Well there you have it, it's coming to America. Now let's all point our fingers and laugh at Iori and Zach Metson.
Robo Halloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:56 PM   #60
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

Quote:
US sources have revealed to us that Capcom has different plans for the North American market, however, with Hyper Street Fighter II set to be bundled with Street Fighter III: Third Strike, the last title in the Street Fighter III series. Tiger uppercut!
Hmm not bad.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote