The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 02-20-2004, 03:47 PM   #1
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Medal of Honor vs Call of Duty

I've been playing Medal of Honor for PC now for a couple of years. I played somewhat through the single player game but I'm more interested in the multiplayer aspect. I've been looking at videos of Call of Duty and it looks really nice. Can somebody who has played both games single and multiplayer give me some ideas of which one you like better? Like I said, I like MoH and am quite content with it but if Call of Duty multiplayer is more entertaining I might want to pick it up.
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 04:46 PM   #2
Alucard

Call of Duty is a total experience. I've played both but its not hard to say CoD is head and shoulders above MoH. The stages are REALLY well made. The aiming with all the different guns feels so realistic, ie you aren't a crack shot and need to be careful. Some of the best features about CoD is when an explosion happens right next to you, say a grenade or mortor or tank fire, everything goes a little blurry, hearing goes down, and you stagger in slow motion. Very cool! Plus NOTHING, and I repeat NOTHING, can compare to the awesomeness of the Russian stages. They are what make this game. Unbelievable I tell you.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 04:59 PM   #3
Seska

The only drawback of CoD is that its really short. You can finish it in a weekend. I think I finished it in a day. :p

MoH still is pretty good, though.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:19 PM   #4
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Cool. I'm really looking for a good multiplayer fps game. I really like the WWII themed games. I like the different weapons and especially the multiplayer boards.
Alucard, the Russian maps that you speak of are they multiplayer maps?
I like all the little touches that they add to the game. Like in MoH, I like the taunts and commands you can shout in the different languages depending on what you pick German, Italian, Brittish or US soldier. Not that it matters but does CoD have things like this?
Old 02-20-2004, 06:22 PM   #5
Arahenion

I downloaded Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for free a while back, multiplayer WWII shooter, pretty entertaining considering it's free, I'll try to find the site again if you'd like to download it. 200mb download however, so beware if you're a 56ker.
Arahenion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 12:20 AM   #6
Alucard

I'd expect those maps are multiplayer. Normally every map in every game can be multiplayer. And ignore what Seska says. I remember in took her 3 days at most. But only cause he whored himself at it all day and night. I played it for a week. The russian stages are a scream. Bullets flying everywhere.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:36 AM   #7
suronosuke
MadGuy

i personally never liked FPS, so i have never played MOH but my friend forced me to play COD and i can say that one of the russian stage is gaming experience you should all indulge in.

p.s whatever happened to that thing that showed all//how many posts people have made?
suronosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:40 AM   #8
Alucard

We got rid of that ages ago. You can still see it in your profile though.

I'm not a huge fps person either. I prefer rpgs and adventure games. But if an fps is good, I'm so there. CoD is one for the best ever made.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:55 AM   #9
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

I really don't play games on PC. The only reason I play FPS on PC is because the keyboard, mouse setup kicks major ass.
I played a demo of Wolfenstein and I like it but I want something more realistic. I will give CoD a try. I mean it's gotta be cheap by now. It's been out a while.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:38 PM   #10
Arahenion

The first Russian level = best. ever.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:54 PM   #11
suronosuke
MadGuy

was the first one where your on a boat then your sent off to war with 3 friggin bullets?
Old 02-21-2004, 06:45 PM   #12
Arahenion

Yes, one of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:53 PM   #13
Vicviper
Hello handsome!

Wasn't that taken from that one movie about the Russian sniper Viscilli Seitsev or whatever his name was?
Old 02-21-2004, 09:02 PM   #14
Joe Redifer
Olé!

Is your PC powerful enough, Vic? I know we put an AMD in there, but I can't remember if it was the AMD Ass-Lawn line or not, and I think you need to have an Ass Lawn or a Pentium 3. Remember, you should upgrade your computer at least every 2 months.
Joe Redifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 01:07 AM   #15
Arahenion

Quote:
Originally posted by Vicviper
Wasn't that taken from that one movie about the Russian sniper Viscilli Seitsev or whatever his name was?
Never even heard of it.