The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 07-20-2002, 04:13 AM   #1
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Super Mario Sunshine: Sold out in 2 hours!

Quote:
Cube-Europe:
Super Mario Sunshine fever reached record levels today. The latest effort from Studio Shigeru has reportedly sold out in under two hours! Huge queues formed around the block in downtown Akiharbara, which isn't surprising considering the game has topped Famitsu's most wanted chart for what seems like an eternity.

We'll have to wait for more definite sales figures before a fair judgement can be made, but rest assured that it will be a decent financial success for the Big N. The game is crucial for the Gamecube's outlook in Japan and should entice more potential GC owners to part with their cash.

The Mario series has been a rip-roaring success for Nintendo, and the portly plumber is now the most recognised computer game character in the world (according to recent surveys). Super Mario Sunshine by all accounts does the series justice, by refining what makes the games so special with touches of pure innovation.

Those wishing to play SMS on their PAL Cubes will have to wait until the Freeloader is released in early August. You can preorder the Freeloader for a Cube Europe exclusive price of ?26/?16/$26 by clicking here. You can also order the Japanese version of Super Mario Sunshine by hitting this link.
-Article.

Not officially confirmed yet though.

Your Thoughts?

We seem to have juxtaposed an impasse here.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 04:24 AM   #2
hootie17
sensing some hostility

Arrow [title of reply]

omg,
this game better be good, but considering hwo it is coming from, im sure it will be, and as for the games that are sure to follow it, like Mario Kart GC, Zelda GC, and Metroid Prime, which im sure will do well, it is only a matter of time before GC it used to it's full potential.

LoSt I bE

"...to to continue is an honor and a privlidge, to continue is as to be reincarnated in reality and should be used wisely to do what is best to challenge the mistakes of the past and over come them..."
-Myself

I wAnT a KiRbY gAmE fOr Gc
hootie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 02:14 PM   #3
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Re: [title of reply]

GameCube Europe? I don't really trust them, they have report a lot of BS before. We'll just wait for next week Dengeki chart to see or the official words from Nintendo.
Old 07-20-2002, 06:11 PM   #4
Gamecube22

Other sites have posted this same news! So it isn't just the site this guy uses above. From some people that live in Japan said that the game is no where to be found and they are having to pre-order for the second shipment! I'd say they sold a bunch! One web site even said that they may have broken records. I can't wait for this game!

People that already own the game say it is extremely hard!
Old 07-20-2002, 06:46 PM   #5
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

[Insert witty subject title here]

Even if other sites have the same article. It's still only speculation. I guess we will have to wait for the next Dengeki chart. But if this is true though. It will set a new record. Since I heard that they shipped 1 million copies for launch.

...And I think that at over at Nintendojo, they're playing the game right now. And they're rushing through it. They also mentioned that Yoshi vomits in the game. But it looks more like fire from the screens. Judge for yourselfs.

We seem to have juxtaposed an impasse here.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 11:56 PM   #6
hootie17
sensing some hostility

Re: [Insert witty subject title here]

Quote:
Originally posted by Overlord

They also mentioned that Yoshi vomits in the game. But it looks more like fire from the screens. Judge for yourselfs.
Vomits>?

even if he does vomit fire, alot of good that will do, spiting fire on the other hand, will do him some good.

LoSt I bE

"...to to continue is an honor and a privlidge, to continue is as to be reincarnated in reality and should be used wisely to do what is best to challenge the mistakes of the past and over come them..."
-Myself

Old 07-21-2002, 12:42 AM   #7
Seska

I always thought Yoshi vomited out all sorts of crap since Super Mario World. You know, eat enemy/stone, spit it out again...

Maybe this fire vomit thing is just a variation of that?
Old 07-21-2002, 03:42 AM   #8
Nighthunter

How did Famitsu rate this game?
Old 07-21-2002, 07:09 AM   #9
Alucard

Ignore famitsu. It was something like 38 not sure. But they rate games weirdly. I mean FF8 got a high score. I swear if you remove the FMV then noone would enjoy that game as much.

From what I've heard from people who are playing it, they say it feels pretty much like Mario 64, only you get the water hose and a few other stuff. They're having heaps of fun with it. So if you loved Mario 64, or always wanted to play it, then technically Sunshine should be a favourite.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 03:26 PM   #10
Jackal

Wow! That's pretty good. But I'm still not interested in the game right now. I can't just rush out and buy the game just because it's Mario, I'm sick of Mario. But that has nothing to do with the game being good or bad. I may rent it and check it out but I won't just buy it straight out. I hope that everyone that realyy want it are happy and that it lives up to your expectations, but I'll wait and see.
Old 07-21-2002, 03:46 PM   #11
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

Quote:
quote by Alucard::Ignore famitsu. It was something like 38 not sure. But they rate games weirdly. I mean FF8 got a high score. I swear if you remove the FMV then noone would enjoy that game as much.
so true.

I am not suprise to hear these kind of news.

I mean, most GC consumer (incliding me) are waiting for a Mario game since the GC his currently lacking with quality title right at moment.

I was hoping something a little different then a Mario 64 clone. But the game look promising nevertheless

Last edited by Black Sugar; 07-22-2002 at 12:19 AM.
Black Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 04:49 PM   #12
HFIL

I heard it keeps the core gameplay.. but still manages to be fresh.. like the difference between mario 3 and mario world...
Old 07-21-2002, 07:12 PM   #13
hootie17
sensing some hostility

well...

Quote:
Originally posted by Seska
I always thought Yoshi vomited out all sorts of crap since Super Mario World. You know, eat enemy/stone, spit it out again...

Maybe this fire vomit thing is just a variation of that?
i agree, but im sure it is not a "vomit" as most people think of it, i think it will stem off of the "spit" ability from perevious mario games, or even the ability to take other enemies abilities in this manner of spiting and swollowing, but most people would think it is just a copy off of kirby.

i want a kirby game for GC

LoSt I bE

-Myself

Old 07-21-2002, 11:48 PM   #14
Seska

Didn't Kirby come after Super Mario World?
Old 07-22-2002, 02:44 AM   #15
Rubeus

How many units did Nintendo ship anyway? It makes a huge difference if they pushed out 200,000 units or 800,000 units.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote