The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 02-06-2004, 03:44 AM   #1
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

Crying Tribes 2 wont work, unhandled exception

Damnit! I finally got my video drivers to work, but now when I play Tribes 2 I keep getting that damn unhandled exception thingy. The game plays just fine for a little while, with all the graphics turned up max. But then I get the damn exception thing every time!! What should I do?

Old 02-06-2004, 10:41 AM   #2
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

Oh boy.. did you run the auto update? that fixes a few things..

This is the only problem with stupid T2... though I love the game, getting it to run stable is a game in itself.. a tedious and frustrating game.. but eh. Sometimes you gotta work for the good stuff.

Okay.. for help do this:

Go to the forum (www.tribes2.com, look for 'Froum' on the left hand side, before 'Support Menu' way on the bottom of the list), and then go to the Troubleshooting section. There are tons of stickies that'll help you out. Also there is a T2 First Aid Utility in case you have some corrupted installation files (Fun!) But it doesn't sound like you do if you can run it.. Anyway you can find the utility under the afore mentioned 'Support Menu' off the homepage.

Lemme know if you get it to run.. I'll fire up my T2 and look you up. Also what kind of video card did you get? I need to buy one too..
Old 02-06-2004, 09:36 PM   #3
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

Thanks for the help but I searched around and found some sites with different steps to get rid of it, but havent done it yet, will in a bit. Hopefully it works, I havent played the game for like 4 months!!!!!!!

Oh, and I just have an ATI Radeon 9600 pro. But my cousin is building himself a computer, and he doesnt have as much money as me, so Im gonna make a deal with him and sell him my 9600 for cheaper than what he would get it retail, and then use that money to help me get either a 9800pro, or 5900 Ultra, possibly even the 9800XT or 5950 utlra. not sure yet. ( even though with tribes and a 9600, you can have the graphics turned up to 100% and it runs perfect.)
Old 02-07-2004, 03:48 AM   #4
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

Damn, I did everything it told me too and it still doesnt work. I was able to play for like 20 min. And I was kicking ass, I joined in on a game halfway over and took over first place like that. but then the exception happened. When I tried to play the second time before I made it into a game, the screen just turned blue and I had to reset. Ill probably have to get it a professional to look at it damnit.

I cant wait for Vengeance...sweat, sweat, VEANGEANCE!

Last edited by SpaceManSpiff; 02-07-2004 at 03:53 AM.
SpaceManSpiff is offline   Reply With Quote