The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 05-01-2005, 01:56 AM   #31
[M]egaman Ver.6
Sign 'O' The Times

IE is just like cutting a hole in your pants in jail and lubbing up every morning, you're just asking to get it up the rear thanks to ActiveX. FireFox is much safer, make all the excuses you want but it's just a much better alternative to Internet Exploiter.

Gotta love that Firefox, while I will admit sometimes FF runs into problems I could care less if that means less chances of getting spyware that just rapes your comp.
U're my private joy
[M]egaman Ver.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #32
justin_credible

I agree with the IE bashing, it just sucks. No amount of spyware removing programs and so called fixes can change that. I still got viruses etc... Mozilla is the way to go. It is like a popup blocking spam busting virus scanning browser itself so you don't have to waste time running stupid programs to fix your problem that don't even help.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 03:34 PM   #33
BashingU
Banned

yup I use FireFox...no craziness goings on...Hopefully it will stay that way...Thats why I used to love screensavers...so many great tips for everything, and I am not the most savvy PC person...
BashingU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:08 PM   #34
LordDeimos

Too little too late, had to recently reformat...oh well, now to fill it again w/spyware and crap...
LordDeimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:55 PM   #35
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_credible
I agree with the IE bashing, it just sucks. No amount of spyware removing programs and so called fixes can change that. I still got viruses etc... Mozilla is the way to go. It is like a popup blocking spam busting virus scanning browser itself so you don't have to waste time running stupid programs to fix your problem that don't even help.
IE just plain sucks. It has that "built-in" popup block, which somehow lets every damn popup still get through it's paper thin protection. If you want another good browser too, slimbrowser is good, especially with popups.

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:24 PM   #36
welshfreak
: )

Got hit a few days back, geeks to go forums were useful. :cool guy:
welshfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:59 PM   #37
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

UGH! I was online and then a popup ad somehow go through, I close it and a few seconds later my antivir personal edition warned me about a script trying to run and asked if I wanted to delte it, block it, etc. I click block (or deny access) and a few minutes later my firefox screwed up and I closed it. When I reopened it was asking me about which profile to use. It was weird because it never asked me that before and when I clicked on default it said I couldn't use that because it was already in use. *all of this happened yesterday btw*, and now every so often images don't show at websites. It's not just specific websites this happens at but sometimes they'll show and sometimes they won't. I scanned for spyware last night and it found 8. I cleaned them out and then right after i did two virus scans with 2 different programs (not at the same time though, that would be stupid). They found nothing. But the problem is still going on. I'm going to do one more spyware scan and maybe another antivirus, if that doesn't work then i'll just format. I having to format. It's just the thought of it.

STEAM

Old 10-09-2005, 11:59 PM   #38
Vegetto
Alive

that happend to me one time, firefox screwing up then I close it, then I try to open it again and it asks what user wants to use it and then if you selcect yourself it wont let you

I restarted my PC and it seemed to work.

ive reformatted my PC since then though so its squeaky clean....well it was
Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:06 AM   #39
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetto
that happend to me one time, firefox screwing up then I close it, then I try to open it again and it asks what user wants to use it and then if you selcect yourself it wont let you

I restarted my PC and it seemed to work.

ive reformatted my PC since then though so its squeaky clean....well it was
Yeah, I was eventually going to format some time soon anyways because my pc has been acting up lately, like stuff just seems to run slower than usual. Also seeing as my computer is crappy it can exceed a certain amout of ram (i think). Because one day while my sister was taking down her old pc to the basement I stole her ram cards (and hard drive ) and I took out one of the 64mb cards and put in the one from her comp with the biggest amount (i'm not sure how much) and when I would turn on my pc the system would just beep, it would be on but nothing would happen except a bunch of beeping. I really want to put linux on my pc (seeing as I have a copy) because there's less of a chance for me to get a virus with it, but the complication of installing programs with that is rediculous. People tell me " You just have to mount this and that." I don't want to MOUNT!!! *breaths heavily*

( ^ ______________________________________________^ )

but anyways I think I'll format tonight once the rest of my episodes of invader zim finish downloading and also my 1000s of genesis roms.

Btw I plan on copying that stuff (as long as the rest of my stuff n my sis') to disk, just so that you don't wonder why I'm wasting time dowloading something that I'm going to delete.

STEAM

Old 10-10-2005, 11:19 AM   #40
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Ok I did it.... i formatted. I had to save all my stuff (and my sister's) to disk. I let it format while I was sleeping so when I would get up it'll already be at the setup part, so it didn't seem as long. But now it's running good I have firefox installed once again and my mcafee is doing wonders still.

STEAM

Old 10-10-2005, 11:57 AM   #41
Alucard

Change to pc-cillin!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:57 PM   #42
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

For some reason I'm still having the image problem. Again the problem is that sometimes images won't show on websites and I'll have to refresh many times before they do. Anyone knows what the problem could be. I already formated and I would've thought that would have fixed the problem but it didn't (although my computer itself is running a lot better).

STEAM

Old 10-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #43
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I have been having the same problem as you are for some time. I can not figure out what is causing these problems.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:10 PM   #44
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin
I have been having the same problem as you are for some time. I can not figure out what is causing these problems.
It has to be a virus because when my antivir program alerted me and I closed firefox that's when the images started acting weird. But what I still can't figure out is how is it that I formated my pc and it's still doing the same thing. I will be sure to let you know if I find a solution.

STEAM

Old 10-12-2005, 04:21 PM   #45
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?

I just found out something very interesting. I had posted my work-in-progress banner on the banner contest thread and the image didn't show up. Well recently (really ever since I formated the other day) when I would try to log onto my gmail acocunt it wouldn't let me. So I disabled my privacy service and it let me, so I figured I try to do the same with the images. I did it and it worked. It must be some kind of screw up that I did when setting up my mcafee. So saved from sin I can't really help you out on solution after all unless you can have some kind of antivirus that's probably blocking images.

STEAM