The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 01-02-2004, 04:41 AM   #1
marwan
XBL 360 tag: Mplayer

Question iPod acting funny!

first of all, whatys a good progy to use with iPod? i hear iTune for windows doesnt work very well.

second, everytime i plug my ipod to USB2.0 my PC freezes till i uplug the wire then everything resumes normal. anyone knows why thats happening?
marwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 05:37 AM   #2
Alucard

Try updating your USB drivers from your motherboard makers site. Maybe thats the problem.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 06:25 AM   #3
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

try buying a new mp3 player, one that isn't overpriced, and a piece of ****

like the Nomad Zen Xtra 40 or 60 gig mp3 player

that is all
Axe Wielding Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 01:41 PM   #4
marwan

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
Try updating your USB drivers from your motherboard makers site. Maybe thats the problem.

i got it to work, the older USB 2.0 PCI card i had wasnt working properly for some reason, i got a new one and it works fine.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:54 PM   #5
marwan

Quote:
Originally posted by Carniv?le
try buying a new mp3 player, one that isn't overpriced, and a piece of ****

like the Nomad Zen Xtra 40 or 60 gig mp3 player

that is all

http://reviews.cnet.com/4504-6490_7-...3917&x=43&y=14

no thanks!
Old 01-02-2004, 03:00 PM   #6
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by marwan the 2nd
http://reviews.cnet.com/4504-6490_7-...3917&x=43&y=14

no thanks!
lol did you actually see the full specs of both

the specs show that the Zen is not only much cheaper per gb, but also sports better audio quality, and the lithium ion battery is removable so you can replace it yourself. not to mention the fact that the ipod is famous for not having as long batter life per charge (that means how many hours it plays, its also known to dwindle as time goes by) and the Zen is recorded to have longer hours at any point in its span

so lol.. how exactly is the ipod better? because of the interface? or maybe all of those spiffy peripherals? of the fact that its 1 oz. lighter yet doesn't sound quite as good, and doesn't last quite as long, and costs way more for less? i did my research bro... the Zen tops it.. i wouldn't have purchased one if I thought like you did, in terms of Music Quality, Storage Space, and Length of Battery life, Zen wins in ALL 3 categories over the pod, so really... what are we argueing about? which player is best in the fields that really don't matter when it comes to portable audio?

popularity makes ipod look better than what it really, but in reality, it lost its sparkle, sorry to disappoint you

Last edited by Axe Wielding Nut; 01-02-2004 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:19 PM   #7
Seska

Bah mp3 players, bah Zen, bah iPod. Sony Net MD all the way, baby!
Old 01-02-2004, 03:34 PM   #8
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Seska
Bah mp3 players, bah Zen, bah iPod. Sony Net MD all the way, baby!
i had a minidisc player once too... a little old but reliable none the less, problem is compared to an mp3 player dude, its obsolete technology man... you know what its like to have gigs and gigs worth of music at your disposal?

its great for trips and just having that kind of variety to listen to whatever you want whenever you want
Old 01-02-2004, 04:05 PM   #9
NEO-GEO
Super Ultra Member

I recently got an iPod and I am very very happy with it, The iPod has some weri problems with USB 2.0. That's why I use firewire. I am very happy with this Peice of Art. Really the iPod is not just an MP3 player it's a peice of art. And it will get you laid :cool guy:.

Go here, www.ipodlounge.com . Ask your question there, they are LOTS of help.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:12 PM   #10
Ash

Doesn't the iPod battery only last 18 months though? And it costs some really stupid amount to replace it?
Old 01-02-2004, 04:18 PM   #11
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ash
Doesn't the iPod battery only last 18 months though? And it costs some really stupid amount to replace it?
the ipod battery in terms of battery life, lasts around the same as most, but per charge? thats a whole different story

and yes the battery is irreplaceable, you need to have it sent in order to get it replaced, and it used to be very expensive, but they recently changed it, i believe

Quote:
Originally posted by gaia
. I am very happy with this Peice of Art. Really the iPod is not just an MP3 player it's a peice of art. And it will get you laid :cool guy:.
sorry to burst your bubble, but its an audio player first... and in terms of an audio player, it is inferior

altho i will agree with you, it looks nice, and the interface is nice too, but does that really excuse its inferiority as an mp3 player and its price considering?

Last edited by Axe Wielding Nut; 01-02-2004 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:15 PM   #12
discomfort wings

I agreed. Irreplaceable battery just makes me sad. Ipod is way too expensive, and Lower battery life than others. But I still own a 15gig one. If i have a choice to rethink my decision, I'll still go with an ipod. The design is just perfect. And it makes you feel that you get what you paid for. It also works flawlessly with my G5.

I think indepent stores are starting to offer a replacement of battery for a smaller charge.
discomfort wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:56 PM   #13
NEO-GEO
Super Ultra Member

The iPod battery is not irrplaceable, You can do it yourself (just pop off the back, and put in the $50 BATTERY (www.ipodbattery.com) and you can find out all about it (Carnivale!) right here www.ipodlounge.com.
Plus normal Lithium-ion batterys only last 18 months.

Know, before you talk trash. :cool guy:
NEO-GEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 05:06 AM   #14
Alucard

bah mp3 players. Spend your money on osmething better!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 05:56 AM   #15
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by gaia
The iPod battery is not irrplaceable, You can do it yourself (just pop off the back, and put in the $50 BATTERY (www.ipodbattery.com) and you can find out all about it (Carnivale!) right here www.ipodlounge.com.
Plus normal Lithium-ion batterys only last 18 months.

Know, before you talk trash. :cool guy:
the ipod has no screws and no openable parts, when you attempt you replace it yourself you put your ipod at risk, there is a reason they have a service designed to have the battery replaced for you

first off it isn't easy, 2nd off it isn't practical, it was never designed to be replaced and it shows (by that token anything can be replaced if you are willing to tear it apart and change it up)

you want to know the difference between a REAL replacable battery and an ipods irreplaceable battery? check out the Zen Xtra, obviously if you knew half of what you were talking about, you'd know i wasn't talking trash

oh and I know, because i've had both before I chose the one I would own (as a birthday present i tried both the ipod and the zen by returning the pod for the zen in circut city, and being given the option to return the zen if I liked the pod more, I never returned it), in this field, I know everything I need to know, gaia.. obviously, you only know enough to defend your side, hence you couldn't possibly know the advantages of a Zen Xtra..

Last edited by Axe Wielding Nut; 01-03-2004 at 06:12 AM.