The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 12-13-2003, 02:38 PM   #1
Alucard

Jade Empire video clips

Now here are some clips from our beloved PC games developer lately turned MS WHORES. I'm still downloading so can't say whether they absolutely own. But for some reason that one clip that says 15meg is downloading at 50meg. Go figure.. Download managers are best for this.

http://www.jeux-france.com/Affichage..._downloads=930
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:54 PM   #2
Reality
Sin and Punishment

The character runs with such force you think they were dragging someone. Just a funny observation. I'mm be checking out #2 in a little bit.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:08 PM   #3
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Re: Jade Empire video clips

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
Now here are some clips from our beloved PC games developer lately turned MS WHORES.
bah quit bitching Alucard, they made it KNOWN for months that they were gonna make 2 games on for xbox and one for pc, you act as if this was gonna be some big surprise

this game is gonna own (what is stupid tho is that I already made a thread like a week ago with these clips when they were on IGN)

Last edited by Axe Wielding Nut; 12-13-2003 at 03:21 PM.
Axe Wielding Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 03:07 AM   #4
Alucard

Actually they've been MS whores since before KOTOR. Besides, no garuntee Empire will make it to PC since it isn't officially announced from what I know. Ofcourse I expect it to come to PC.

So these are the same clips? I hadn't seen them yet and the size threw me off.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:16 AM   #5
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Quote:
Actually they've been MS whores since before KOTOR. Besides, no garuntee Empire will make it to PC since it isn't officially announced from what I know. Ofcourse I expect it to come to PC.

So these are the same clips? I hadn't seen them yet and the size threw me off.
don't get your hopes up, from the way the game looks, it would probably suck cock on the PC

it was specifically announced MONTHS ago, that there was gonna be an official xbox game developed and an official pc game developed... im sure you are familiar with the deal...

well this is the xbox one... if you aren't willing to aquire this title because of the console it is on, then simply be patient and await the announcement of the next title which will surely be the PC exclusive one
Old 12-14-2003, 05:16 AM   #6
Alucard

Well its not the console its on. Its the sort of game style, handling/controls, that worry me. I mean look at Baldurs Gate for example. Either way I have all 3 consoles and if a game looks like it'll be better to play on the console, lets say NFS:Underground, I'll play it on a console despite the PC version. Opposite goes for Max Payne 2 as an example.

Anyway, what do you mean by suck on the PC? The graphics dont look that massive that the PC couldn't handle it. Look at Morrowinds surrounding graphics for example. Hmm.. KOTOR, Rallispot, Yager, etc. What makes you think Jade Empire is that powerful? Theres long grass that moves. The surroundings are pretty nice. The character models however are average. Theres not that much detail, aside from some of the clothing, and the hair is one mass. Like they're going for a sort of comic style look. Anyone that has a decent standard PC could run this game without difficulty, and at a higher res without noticing any difference in frame rate. It looks nice, though I'm gonna have to be a little critical of the fighting engine in it. Looks like a sub par 3D fighter.

I've probably been a fan of Bioware longer then you if you've never touched their PC games before the XBox game out, so I can be a little critical of what they release. KOTOR I'll play without a second thought. I'm not too sure about this one.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:59 AM   #7
Seska

I for one am glad I waited for KOTOR on the pc. It runs at max details and 1024 at a framerate as smooth as butter melting down the ass of a tanned asian whore's ass.

Also, the GUI for PC was lovely and intuitive, improved over the Xbox version thanks to the mouse, unlike other games where the gui is a direct port *coughDeusEx2cough*.

If Bioware ever decide to port Jade Empire, I dont see why the PC version should be any worse. Though they may be Xbox bastards now, at least Bioware deliver good ports. Unlike other developers. *coughIonStormcough*
Old 12-14-2003, 10:48 AM   #8
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by Seska
I for one am glad I waited for KOTOR on the pc. It runs at max details and 1024 at a framerate as smooth as butter melting down the ass of a tanned asian whore's ass.
For some reason that cracked me up. New sig it is.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:57 AM   #9
Seska

Woowoo!
Old 12-14-2003, 02:24 PM   #10
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Quote:
Well its not the console its on. Its the sort of game style, handling/controls, that worry me. I mean look at Baldurs Gate for example. Either way I have all 3 consoles and if a game looks like it'll be better to play on the console, lets say NFS:Underground, I'll play it on a console despite the PC version. Opposite goes for Max Payne 2 as an example.

Anyway, what do you mean by suck on the PC? The graphics dont look that massive that the PC couldn't handle it. Look at Morrowinds surrounding graphics for example. Hmm.. KOTOR, Rallispot, Yager, etc. What makes you think Jade Empire is that powerful? Theres long grass that moves. The surroundings are pretty nice. The character models however are average. Theres not that much detail, aside from some of the clothing, and the hair is one mass. Like they're going for a sort of comic style look. Anyone that has a decent standard PC could run this game without difficulty, and at a higher res without noticing any difference in frame rate. It looks nice, though I'm gonna have to be a little critical of the fighting engine in it. Looks like a sub par 3D fighter.

I've probably been a fan of Bioware longer then you if you've never touched their PC games before the XBox game out, so I can be a little critical of what they release. KOTOR I'll play without a second thought. I'm not too sure about this one.
have you seen this game in action? we aren't talking about baldurs gate style anymore bro, this is a 100% live action game, imagine playing dynasty warriors or onimusha on the pc *shudder*

some things were just not meant for the mouse/keyboard combination

why is it that when I say it would suck on the PC the first thing you think of is graphics?

Quote:
though I'm gonna have to be a little critical of the fighting engine in it. Looks like a sub par 3D fighter.
you're kidding right? its a fuckin action game alucard, in terms of an action rpg game, the engine should be great

Last edited by Axe Wielding Nut; 12-14-2003 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:42 PM   #11
Alucard

I've seen the clips. When I mentioned Baldurs gate I meant as in thats the STYLE of game they USED to do for PC. You'll also notice how I said some games are better on a console because of the handling. I gave a couple examples as to that. Ofcourse Jade Empire is going to be better controlled on the XBox. Its got the hallmarks of a console action game. Its straight console style game. Not PC style like their previous games.

And yes, I instantly think of graphics. The movement for the character is nothing that other games haven't done already. Some awesome adventure style element games are on the PC such as Outcast, Giants, Sacrifice, all of those being 3rd person style moving games. All top class quality and excellent handling. No different to Jade Empires. The ONLY thing that would make it a little iffy on the PC compared to the console is the fighting in it. From the clips it looks like it goes into a 3D style fighter. The other guy can punch and kick and block, VF style. They dont seem to run around the room like it were 3D, but more sort of Mortal Kombat 4 style. Like any 3D fighter. Now whether the game is different to that I dont know. Thats what the clips show.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:14 PM   #12
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Quote:
I've seen the clips. When I mentioned Baldurs gate I meant as in thats the STYLE of game they USED to do for PC. You'll also notice how I said some games are better on a console because of the handling. I gave a couple examples as to that. Ofcourse Jade Empire is going to be better controlled on the XBox. Its got the hallmarks of a console action game. Its straight console style game. Not PC style like their previous games.

And yes, I instantly think of graphics. The movement for the character is nothing that other games haven't done already. Some awesome adventure style element games are on the PC such as Outcast, Giants, Sacrifice, all of those being 3rd person style moving games. All top class quality and excellent handling. No different to Jade Empires. The ONLY thing that would make it a little iffy on the PC compared to the console is the fighting in it. From the clips it looks like it goes into a 3D style fighter. The other guy can punch and kick and block, VF style. They dont seem to run around the room like it were 3D, but more sort of Mortal Kombat 4 style. Like any 3D fighter. Now whether the game is different to that I dont know. Thats what the clips show.
wow, i guess thats just how perspectives can change

when I see that I see an 3d action system that changes dynamically, there are several action game engines that allow you to block, this isn't a new thing, plus the usage of centipede style from the Five Deadly Venoms series of Kung Fu movies...

man... this is gonna fuckin own
Old 12-14-2003, 03:16 PM   #13
Alucard

Centinpede style does indeed rock!