The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 11-19-2003, 12:56 PM   #1
Alucard

PC version of KOTOR

Heres basically a few things I've found out about the game for our version. I didn't mess with any screenshots yet but I'll assume it'll be pretty close to the Xbox version and not too much better, aside from cispness blahblah. Heres a few things I stole from gamepsy!!

Quote:
The game's interface has been completely re-done for the PC. Everything is accessible via a simple system of hot keys or mouse clicks on icons spaced on the screen's periphery. Med packs and stimulants are easily used during combat via quick item slots.
Quote:
GameSpy: Can you give us any specifics on the new PC material? How much will it affect the main storyline?

Hudson: We've added an additional area to provide a bit more background into the setting of the game, added some very powerful new weapons and armor types, and have given PC players with some extra gameplay. It is tied in with the main story of the game, but it isn't essential to complete it to progress. It's an addition that we wanted to make which will add some story content to the early part of the game, and will offer some really tough battles and great rewards near the end of the game.
Heres the funny part.. the first glitch!!
[quote]

Quote:
Unfortunately, before I could get this game up and running, there were a few technical hurdles I had to overcome. First, it took me an absurdly long time to install the game. I don't know whether this is because of my machine or it's universal, but it took me close to 40 minutes to get the game ready to go.
There's also a nasty bug that seems to affect integrated sound cards such as my SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio that prevents the game from running (this was confirmed during a conversation with Bioware). I was forced to run the game in software sound mode in order to get the game to work. Bioware is currently looking into the problem.

And thats all the stuff I have for you. The game should appeal to all Baldurs Gates fans too. Plus the stupid thing comes in 4 CDs.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 01:35 PM   #2
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Re: PC version of KOTOR

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
Plus the stupid thing comes in 4 CDs.
to be honest, the game isn't work 4 of my ever so precious CD-R's, considering i've played it to death on my xbox, only thing i've yet to do is play the special downloadable content (new world/weapons/and other shit) which will come out by the end of the year if it isn't out already
Axe Wielding Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 03:25 AM   #3
discomfort wings

Re: Re: PC version of KOTOR

Quote:
Originally posted by Carniv?le
to be honest, the game isn't work 4 of my ever so precious CD-R's, considering i've played it to death on my xbox, only thing i've yet to do is play the special downloadable content (new world/weapons/and other shit) which will come out by the end of the year if it isn't out already
Just use daemon tools and mount it

Companies should start offering games in DVD, 4 CDs is just not economical.
discomfort wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:55 AM   #4
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Re: Re: Re: PC version of KOTOR

Quote:
Originally posted by snocat
Just use daemon tools and mount it
oh hell no, im not gonna waste a meg of my 240 gigs for a game i've already played to death, ESPECIALLY if its on 4 fuckin CD's, I got alotta shit on my downloading agenda
Old 11-20-2003, 01:30 PM   #5
Alucard

Bloody pirates! Pay for the game if you like it!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 04:35 PM   #6
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
Bloody pirates! Pay for the game if you like it!

ARRRRRRR
Old 11-20-2003, 04:36 PM   #7
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

for the record, I buy all console games, not handheld, and hardly any PC but I do buy a few PC games that I feel deserve it

like Grim Fandango!
Old 11-20-2003, 05:19 PM   #8
discomfort wings

Those damn pirates with their keyboards......

Same here, I preorder & buy console/pc games at my local gamestop. For other games I know Im not ever gonna buy, I visit Juarez down at mexico. Games from mexico I delete couple days later anyway without finishing.

Grim Fandango! "(w)Hole punch, Half punch"!

Last edited by discomfort wings; 11-20-2003 at 05:25 PM.
discomfort wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 11:35 PM   #9
SpaceManSpiff
Spiff to the Rescue!!

Damn, I must have missed this thread. I noticed at Gamespy.com something about KOTOR for PC and saw that it came out quite a while ago. And so I checked the threads to see if anything had been posted about it. My brother was trying to convinve me to get an xbox so I could play Halo with him, and one of his reasons for getting an xbox was KOTOR. I almost bought wone for $100 on ebay. But I can just get KOTOR for PC, and they are giving you a free lightsaber witht he game at eb.