The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 10-29-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
garrffy
Burning Explosive Ninja

Anyone got Final Fantasy XI for PC (North America)

Topic
garrffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 02:32 PM   #2
Axe Wielding Nut
Banned

Re: Anyone got Final Fantasy XI for PC (North America)

Quote:
Originally asked by that pervert garrffy
Anyone got Final Fantasy XI for PC
Nope.
Axe Wielding Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 11:27 PM   #3
sin75

I'm not even interested in this game because of the monthly fee.
sin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 12:30 AM   #4
Alucard

The monthly fee is there for a reason. If it wasn't there then it wouldn't be an MMORPG. You wouldn't see the game mechanics changed/rebalanced, no extra areas, extra creatures, extra spells, extra armour and weapons and items, extra races, 24/7 support while playing incase something bugs up your character, etc etc. Otherwise it'll be a static game that never changes. You need to actually play a MMORPG to understand how freaky they are, and that the monthly fee is something you dont think about while you play it for half a year.

I dont have it. I'm curious in it but no. Too many good games out at the moment. Best time to play a MMORPG is during the first half of the year since less games come out then.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 06:39 PM   #5
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

I've got it and to be honest, I love it... It's a very welcomed addition to the MMORPG genre.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 08:32 AM   #6
Cobi*
renegade

you know, i was just now thinking of this very topic. i TOTALLY forgot that ffxi was coming out!! 8) i thought it was coming out in late november for some reason. anyway, i'll have to factor it into my spending (money and time-wise) over the next few weeks.

is square-enix offering a free trial period for the game or do you have to start paying for it as soon as you go online?
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 11:31 AM   #7
Nindalf

Ultima Online is the only MMORPG you need.
Nindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:26 PM   #8
Alucard

nah, like any online game, the first month is free. The only cool thing is you get the expansion pack free with the game. Thats a good thing.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:24 PM   #9
-Todd-

Is there a review for this?
Old 11-02-2003, 07:27 PM   #10
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I've been disappointed in the MMORPGs that I have played

alot seem so so so plain

personally I wouldn't mind a actual ver. of Dot.Hack into a real MMORPG, that was fun to play, just add some new features and you got a gold game, like a create a player, to make him look like you or something

I loved playing that game
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 03:48 PM   #11
Rampet

I recently bought Final Fantasy XI for PC. All I have to say is that I love it. I haven't played any other online game like this before except for Planetside. However, Planetside got old really fast while I can see no time when Final Fantasy will get old. The quest and missions are not just walks in the park which adds a realm of depth to them and realism. Its really easy to meet people from all over with shared servers. I meet people from Japan all the time (don't know what they are saying though). Check this title out, it is good and looks great.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:41 AM   #12
zer0c123

I'm proabably gonna pass up on this final fantasy. MMORPG's can get quite addictive.....

So happy my ragnarokonline addiction is over and i've been free for 3 months and counting.
zer0c123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 04:46 AM   #13
Alucard

Quote:
Final Fantasy XI, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game set in the massively popular Final Fantasy universe has already attracted over 430,000 paying subscribers, just 70,000 less than Everquest, another MMORPG that was launched back in 1999.
Looks like its pretty popular so far.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:48 AM   #14
Cobi*
renegade

Good to hear Alucard. I still haven't picked this up and I don't think I will anytime soon (but I will, eventually uh oh, square-fanboyism faltering... I'm supposed to be on this like NIN on Nintendo's nuts).

Not enough time is my excuse I have to write three papers (one research) and study for upcoming finals over the next few weeks! Pitty me!
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 10:49 AM   #15
Seska

IT sounds likea solid good fun game, and the fact that tis been out in Japan for a year means thres a bunch of content and a lack of hideous bugs. However, thers a plethora of games out to play right now, and I simply dont see myself picking this up when games like KOTOR, Deus Ex 2, Silent Storm and the Dungeon Siege expansion are keeping me busy on PC and acrapload more are vying for my attention on the PS2.

Games like FFXI are best left for the summer drought when theres nothing to play and youve burned through all the good stuff thats been released around xmas.