The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 09-30-2003, 07:18 PM   #1
Reality
Sin and Punishment

Viewtiful Joe.

According to Gamerfeed.com Capcom's Hideki Kamiya suggests they have been considering bringing Viewtiful Jeo to the PS2. He was unhappy with how the game was received in Japan. While still waiting for the U.S and Europe results. The biggest draw back to bringing it over though are serious technical issues.
-----------------------------------

Boyound that though the report has seem to spark some personal interest among gamers to promote the game to help give the GCN a little support bost, or at lest in a few forums I seen. Anyway, if the technical issues are that big of a deal see how the U.S markets receive the game. So far Capcom is hoping for the best as they are going to do a huge marketing spending for the game.

Last edited by Reality; 10-01-2003 at 09:31 PM.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 07:58 PM   #2
Dead Account 01

They'd be insane NOT to (of course Capcom have done a lot of insane things this gen...so *shrugs*).

Personally, I'd be surprised if it wasn't already underway.

I can't imagine what they technical issues are...'cause while Viewtiful Joe isn't a bad looking game, I wouldn't call it impressive by even PS2 standards.
Dead Account 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 07:58 PM   #3
gearhound1
Banned

i can't wait to play this game. i really hope it does extremely well.
gearhound1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 09:40 PM   #4
Pilotwings
*can't talk...eating*

Quote:
Originally posted by Decado
They'd be insane NOT to (of course Capcom have done a lot of insane things this gen...so *shrugs*).

Personally, I'd be surprised if it wasn't already underway.

I can't imagine what they technical issues are...'cause while Viewtiful Joe isn't a bad looking game, I wouldn't call it impressive by even PS2 standards.

the technical is probably coding it. for example, many developers choose to port dreamcast games to gamecube (ikaruga, sonics, skies of arcardia and many more) and ignored ps2, complaining it was difficult. porting from gamecube to ps2 is the just like that, but even more difficult as the system has less powers, which takes time to elumulate and degradtion in the port. if anything, capcom should look into x-box as the system to give the port for, since both systems (gc-x-box) share many similiar techs.

the ps2 residents are too busy watching half hour light show in finfal fantasy to care for such niche game. ;)

Last edited by Pilotwings; 09-30-2003 at 09:54 PM.
Pilotwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 10:17 PM   #5
Dead Account 01

Yeah, I forgot how badly many GC and Xbox ports do. Oh well, hopefully they'll still do a perfect port.

If they take the time to do a good job on the PS2, it may still be a niche game, but at least it will be a very high selling niche game ;)
Old 09-30-2003, 10:28 PM   #6
Pilotwings
*can't talk...eating*

Quote:
Originally posted by Decado

If they take the time to do a good job on the PS2, it may still be a niche game, but at least it will be a very high selling niche game ;)
the gamecube version is as good as it gets. how can it possibly be any better on the ps2 hardware when there already some issues with it. you've spokened as if you want the best (as of yet, un-official for ps2). if it obvious you need to stand by your words and picked the best(version) and play. ;)
Old 10-01-2003, 02:30 AM   #7
Mikeru83
Member Ver. 2.03

Quote:
...the gamecube version is as good as it gets. how can it possibly be any better on the ps2 hardw...

...picked the best(version)...
I believe he said "perfect" port, not "better" port. He's hoping, if they port it to the PS2, that the port will be complete and without problems.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:22 AM   #8
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Yep, it'll sell better to, not that it could sell anyworse. I predict when released in EU on the GC you can count the sells on two hands. :irked"
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:19 AM   #9
Pilotwings
*can't talk...eating*

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikeru83
I believe he said "perfect" port, not "better" port. He's hoping, if they port it to the PS2, that the port will be complete and without problems.
notice i didn't quote the "perfect" part.

Old 10-01-2003, 11:57 AM   #10
Investor27
Legend

It shouldn't go to the Xbox, because the producer himself said that he wanted Viewtiful Joe to be enjoyed by many people. The game will be enjoyed by alot more people on the PS2 then on the Xbox. But if making money is the issue, I'm sure Bill Gates can accommodate that really well for them.
Investor27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 12:00 PM   #11
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Let's face it if they wanted alot of people to enjoy it why make it GC exculsive in the first place.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 02:13 PM   #12
Dead Account 01

Quote:
Originally posted by Pilotwings
the gamecube version is as good as it gets. how can it possibly be any better on the ps2 hardware
I said "good" not "better". That said, maybe they will add new levels and whatnot.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:26 PM   #13
Reality
Sin and Punishment

The game still has yet to make it out in the U.S in little as a week yet. Hopefully they will have larger stocks then just 50,000.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:46 PM   #14
camac
I feel so good.

Quote:
Originally posted by Escaflowne2001
Let's face it if they wanted alot of people to enjoy it why make it GC exculsive in the first place.
HA! lol yeah, those dumbasses i tried it at a wallmart and it was pretty badass, if i had a gamecube i would defenitly have gotten it... but i don't heh heh, but if it comes to the ps2 i will buy it, no doubt.
camac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:53 PM   #15
Mikeru83
Member Ver. 2.03

Quote:
notice i didn't quote the "perfect" part.
Pfft... Still made no sense.
= number of yours + 1