The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2005, 06:07 PM   #46
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past
 
FinalSolace2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: london
Posts: 3,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevz
Fantastic Four...

You probably know what I think of it already.
yeah it goes without saying.

last film i watched was guess who- that film about ashton kutcher is engaged to a black girl and has to meet her dad who happens to be bernie mac with a "white people complex"

now one of my favorite comedies in my top 5
__________________


Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:31 PM   #47
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.
 
Drunken Savior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 18,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicviper
I saw Tim Burton's Corpse Bride last night. Very good movie. Usual Tim Burton fair with drab colors and odd shapes. Elfman did the music and it is very enjoyable. I have to watch it a couple more times to see if it stands up to Nightmare before Xmas. It is better than James and the Giant Peach though.
JatGP wasn't a Tim Burton film at all. Henry Selick (who DIRECTED Nightmare Before Christmas, as well as James. He also did the animation for The Life Aquatic) was behind James and the Giant Peach.

The last movie I saw was Gay Niggers From Outer Space
__________________

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation,
The Division, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:14 PM   #48
burpingcat
Really Enjoys The Magic Box
 
burpingcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,156
I saw Gay Niggers From Outer Space a few years ago. It might be a pretty offensive and trashy movie that wont change your life, but it's only about 25 minutes long, uses a very low budget pretty well, and it's pretty damn awesome in a weird way.
burpingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 08:24 PM   #49
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.
 
Drunken Savior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 18,553
I didn't think it was offensive at all. Of course, not much offends me except blind faith and ignorance.
__________________

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation,
The Division, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:08 PM   #50
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?
 
MarionetteKazuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,832
I just say Sin City the other day. It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. It had it's "good" parts but they were very thinned out throughout the movie. And to me the ending just plain sucked.
__________________
Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Portal, Plain Sight, Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:23 AM   #51
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks
 
Meshugana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Yavimaya
Posts: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionetteKazuk
I just say Sin City the other day. It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. It had it's "good" parts but they were very thinned out throughout the movie. And to me the ending just plain sucked.
the thing i loved about Sin City was....everything, if you read the comics youll know why (you have to also like the comics) it is by far the closest movie adaptation of a comic book ive ever seen, its so close in fact if youve seen the movie you dont really need to read the books, you basically just have


i just saw The Corpse Bride ( my girlfriends choice) and it was junk, crap story, crap everything, the only thing that kept me watching was thay i kept reminding myself it was a stop motion movie which added to it some credibility because to me stop motion is amazing, it just seems so hard to pull as well as Burton ( for the record i dont really dig Burton, i mean i like some of his movies but what he did to Batman will always make me hate him, did you know he never read a Batman comic ever!)
__________________
["Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former."-Albert Einstein]
Meshugana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:33 AM   #52
Vicviper
Hello handsome!
 
Vicviper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,081
You're basing the corpse bride on what he did with Batman? That's lame. All Batman movies have sucked. No matter who directed them. I haven't seen Batman begins so I can't comment on that but all previous ones were rediculous attempts to throw high salary actors into the script to make more money. Which obviously didn't work.
Corpse Bride was a great movie and you will probably never see anything of it's quality for a long time.
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:55 AM   #53
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks
 
Meshugana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Yavimaya
Posts: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicviper
You're basing the corpse bride on what he did with Batman? That's lame. All Batman movies have sucked. No matter who directed them. I haven't seen Batman begins so I can't comment on that but all previous ones were rediculous attempts to throw high salary actors into the script to make more money. Which obviously didn't work.
Corpse Bride was a great movie and you will probably never see anything of it's quality for a long time.
what , i didnt even imply this, im basing the Corpse Bride just on my own taste in movies, i did say it had a craptastic story and such, i only wanted to say how i hate Burton and the fact that he did the Batman movie without reading the books, i meant no relation sorry if it came out that way

i even said how much i enjoy stop motion and that alone made the movie watchable

so to recap im not basing the movie on what he did with Batman, but what he did with BeetleJuice

but please tell me, not trying to pick a fight here, why you thought it was good, id like to know so i can look at it in a different light because what i saw sucked, even the songs were bad and i expected that to be the best feature of the movie ( best feature of Charlie and the Choco Factory, and Nightmare Before Christmas IMO)
__________________
["Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former."-Albert Einstein]

Last edited by Meshugana; 09-27-2005 at 01:00 AM.
Meshugana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:07 AM   #54
MarionetteKazuk
Problem?
 
MarionetteKazuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshugana
the thing i loved about Sin City was....everything, if you read the comics youll know why (you have to also like the comics) it is by far the closest movie adaptation of a comic book ive ever seen, its so close in fact if youve seen the movie you dont really need to read the books, you basically just have
I'm not much of a western comic reader, more of a manga fan. And if I tried to read the comics it'll probably just make my experience bad. Even so the movie wasn't all too thrilling from me. I did like the old black n white look with the few colors that they did show such as that guy who i belive was the governor's son (who had his balls n such ripped off). The ending was the last straw, I just didn't like the ending. As far as the batman movies go I liked all of them. I can't quite remember how the one with mr freeze went but for some reason I liked it. Batman 2 was good I guess to me because i just remember watching batman 1 and 2 when I was younger so it kinda stuck to me. Also with batman begins that batmobile they had on there was horrible. I didn't see the movie and that batmobile was the main reason. I figured if they could screw the mobile that bad the movie itself must be horrible. Some guy tried telling me it was better than the original batmobile, if only it was legal to kill him. But even so I should at least rent (not even buy) the movie before I judge it.
__________________
Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Portal, Plain Sight, Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die

STEAM

Looking to make a Team Fortress 2 team. Pm me if interested.
MarionetteKazuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:18 AM   #55
Meshugana
Daddy Fat Sacks
 
Meshugana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Yavimaya
Posts: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionetteKazuk
I'm not much of a western comic reader, more of a manga fan. And if I tried to read the comics it'll probably just make my experience bad. Even so the movie wasn't all too thrilling from me. I did like the old black n white look with the few colors that they did show such as that guy who i belive was the governor's son (who had his balls n such ripped off). The ending was the last straw, I just didn't like the ending. As far as the batman movies go I liked all of them. I can't quite remember how the one with mr freeze went but for some reason I liked it. Batman 2 was good I guess to me because i just remember watching batman 1 and 2 when I was younger so it kinda stuck to me. Also with batman begins that batmobile they had on there was horrible. I didn't see the movie and that batmobile was the main reason. I figured if they could screw the mobile that bad the movie itself must be horrible. Some guy tried telling me it was better than the original batmobile, if only it was legal to kill him. But even so I should at least rent (not even buy) the movie before I judge it.
Begins was decent, the tank was horrid
__________________
["Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former."-Albert Einstein]
Meshugana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:31 AM   #56
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.
 
Drunken Savior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 18,553
I disagree. Begins was amazing, and the Tumbler owned the police force chasing it.
__________________

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, Destiny, Alien: Isolation,
The Division, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:19 AM   #57
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!
 
SavedFromSin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Five min from Sinful Sam
Posts: 4,475
Last movie I watched was "Sleepy Hollow" with Johnny Depp. Such a great movie and I recommend it to everyone. Another great movie is "Hamlet" with Ethane Hawke. It is a great translation of Shakespeare into modern times.
__________________
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.-Ephesians 2:8-9

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear Wii U=MrBear14518
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:38 AM   #58
Seska
Slurp
 
Seska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The Rain in Spain
Posts: 1,756
I saw The Brothers Grimm yesterday, because I was bored and nothing better was on.

Damn, what a waste of time. I guess its a moderately entertaining time-killer, but I can probably think of 20 better things to watch than that bag of tripe. The only good thing about it was Monica Belluci and her awesome cleavage, but otherwise its a big BLAH. :O
__________________
Meow.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:19 PM   #59
Vicviper
Hello handsome!
 
Vicviper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,081
Alright. The story in Corpse Bride wasn't that great but it wasn't that bad. It was very simple and had no twists or anything. But when you are doing a stop motion film that's less than 90 minutes and takes over 3 years to make then you can't expect anything real deep that requires a lot of story telling. I thought the music was good and after hearing the songs a couple more times they will catch on just like Nightmare's songs did. I don't think there are as many songs as in Nightmare. The characters are great even the ones in the background from skeletons to the freshly dead. The only charachter I didn't care for was the town cryer. I had a hard time making out what he was yelling because he was yelling as he was ringing the damn bell.
I just enjoyed it thoroughly and took offense to what you said Mesh. as it does sound like a total rip. My apologies for my earlier reply.
Vicviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:58 PM   #60
justin_credible
Registered User
 
justin_credible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedFromSin
Last movie I watched was "Sleepy Hollow" with Johnny Depp. Such a great movie and I recommend it to everyone. Another great movie is "Hamlet" with Ethane Hawke. It is a great translation of Shakespeare into modern times.
I gotta be honest I wasn't feeling this one. I thought it dragged alot, but that's just my opinion. I also didn't like From Hell or Secret Window.

Blow would probably be my favorite Depp movie.
justin_credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.