The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-06-2003, 12:01 AM   #61
Alucard

I think you need to look at the people who say why the game sucks. Everything I've heard says the game feels like KOF. Now Street Fighter players have a big problem with this because the game is much different to what they're used to. So they usually say it sucks. And the game is 24bit, not 16 CvS mimicked KOF style by having 3vs3 and different modes to choose. SvC however is mimicking Street Fighter by having 1vs1.

And no... SF Ryu vs KOF Kyo that hasn't been down powered and moves removed, would beat Ryu hands down. And I'm being kind not using KOF95 Kyo who would easily obliterate Ryu in any form. Its like saying Bison would beat Rugal. HAR! It is to laugh!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 02:19 AM   #62
folken001

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
I think you need to look at the people who say why the game sucks. Everything I've heard says the game feels like KOF. Now Street Fighter players have a big problem with this because the game is much different to what they're used to. So they usually say it sucks. And the game is 24bit, not 16 CvS mimicked KOF style by having 3vs3 and different modes to choose. SvC however is mimicking Street Fighter by having 1vs1.

And no... SF Ryu vs KOF Kyo that hasn't been down powered and moves removed, would beat Ryu hands down. And I'm being kind not using KOF95 Kyo who would easily obliterate Ryu in any form. Its like saying Bison would beat Rugal. HAR! It is to laugh!
Are you sure that SvC is not 16 bit but 24? As far as I know, there is only a slight modification made to the cart and it was to prevent priacy. To my knowledge, MVS isnt' capable of anything that is over 16 bits.

I don't know if playing style is the reason why these people complained against SvC, but there were several problems noted. First of all, hit detection is flawed. You would sometimes face the wrong direction when people cross you over. 2nd, hit box is flawed. At times, your punch would just go through your opponent. 3rd, the universal charge is also flawed. More than enough people complained about how they can't do Guild's sonic boom and flash kick. Well, some people say this problem is fixed in the final version but there are couple reports conflicting with that claim. There are couple more problems and I am not going to mention them, you should get my point by now.

To me, SNK games have failed to impress me after KoF98. (I love this one because it has Vice and Mature. Damn Iori for killing them.) I am even more turned off after striker was introduced in KoF2000. The biggest reason I am not into SNK right now is the graphics. I know gameplay is important to a game but I think everything else is also. After all these years, SNK games still look like something could've been done on SNES. That is unacceptable to me, unfortunately. I can only dream of a day that SNK would upgrade it's hardware....

As for Ryu vs Kyo argument, I guess there is no sure way to settle this down other than having you and me sit down and play each ohter in SvC and CvS2. But, even with that, it could be said that we aren't good enough player to conclude the argument. So, I think you should be the bigger man here and just admit that Ryu is better, ok?

FFXI Server: Caitsith
lv 75 RNG/PLD/BRD/NIN/MNK, lv 63 WHM(Retired)
folken001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 03:14 AM   #63
Alucard

Kyo owns Ryu SUXORZ!! And since I'm a mod that means I win!

I'm pretty sure its 24bit. You really couldn't do 3D on a 16bit machine with light source flashes. They've done that in other games. They just prefer to keep their games hand drawn. And I dont know, I love the look. Though they could definately improve it. Have you seen Mark of the Wolves? That game is GORGEOUS. More fluid then Guilty Gear. Just wish SNK made their games like that. But sadly the old piece of junk hardware probably couldn't handle 30+ characters with that level of animation.

And the reason you didn't like anything after 98 is cause the rest weren't really made by SNK. They sort of got absorbed after that stage by Aruze or such. Only now did they finally get their act together. SvC is practically their first proper game since then. And the flaws you mentioned are in almost every fighting game. The home version will be more tweaked for sure. I have a friend of mine going to Japan next week so I'll see what he says. We pretty much like the same style of fighting games.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:11 AM   #64
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

You're ALL WRONG!!! The best is to have the team of Ryu, Kyo, and Iori. Oh yeah! That's right! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!?
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:04 PM   #65
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

The Neo-Geo MVS and AES systems are 16 bit. Bits really don't have anything to do with effects, but more or less just the transfer of information. This is why the Gamecube processor is just as fast as the X-box processor. It's 64 bits, the X-box is 32 bits. While the X-box processor is twice as fast, it takes to burst to send 64 bits of information, which the Gamecube can do in one burst. Thus since the X-box does it twice as fast, they balance out. This is also what keeps the PS2 128 bit processor in the game. There are minor jumps, meaning that aren't completely equal, but this is why they are very close in speed preformance when it comes to the CPU. Of course you have bottle necks in ram transfer rates and the GPU, which is what effects polygon output and things like load times. This is also why Mac 64 bit processors have been able to compete with Intel processors that are twice as fast. Of course last time I checked Intel was moving up to true 64 bit processors. The Neo-Geo doesn't do real 3D, what you see in games like MotW is just very well designed 2D, and as for character animations, the high meg count with low character cast allows for more frames. The Neo-Geo 64 does real 3D, but had few releases and never quite caught on despite some brand name titles releasing on it.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:26 AM   #66
Alucard

Iori is right, its not 24bit. I've been going by what a friend told me who owns the console and I always assumed he was right. Normally spot on when it comes to hardware he owns. Oh well! Its 16bit but not like the snes is for example. Anyway, I found this thread which gives a little more info, though not as enough as I would wish..

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=2768

Iori, when I said 3D I didn't mean in MoTW. I meant this other game that appeared on the console. Its not exactly 3D, more psuedo 3D. Its freaky to see on a 16bit machine anyway. I THINK it was called Ragnarok. Some fighter. It looked cool but game was crap! Forget who made it.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:15 PM   #67
gearhound1
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
Thats it, I'm not playing anymore. You two cheat.

btw, Kyo OWNS Ryu. For years I stated it was true, but only once CvS came out could I actually prove it. Even a down powered Kyo owns him.
sorry...ryo owns them all.

Haoh Sho Koh Ken!!!!!

hell yeah
:cool guy:

Last edited by gearhound1; 08-07-2003 at 09:09 PM.
gearhound1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 03:23 AM   #68
Alucard

OH NO!! ITs voilent Ken!!

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/s...pcom_ken2.html
Old 08-08-2003, 05:40 AM   #69
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

<===*

*For ownage, see avatar.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:17 AM   #70
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

That has got to be the single worst drawing of Ken i've ever seen in my life! Why not just give him a glowing white afro while you're at it SNK?! It wouldn't make much of a difference. And what's with his face?!?! ARRRRRRRGGGGGH!!!
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 11:52 AM   #71
Alucard

You realise they aren't going for super duper good looking Ken yes? Thats his MUTANT version!!