The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-02-2003, 12:12 PM   #31
ATMA
Gamer junkie

w00t!! It's been confirmed for the ps2 and an xbox version will follow after it ..SNK vs Capcom will be released in Japan early 2004.

Edit:Spelling

Last edited by ATMA; 08-04-2003 at 02:35 AM.
ATMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 12:37 PM   #32
Spited Pariah
Banned

they better take this opportunity to put it on live... cuz if it ain't on live, then the cash ain't leavin my wallet
Spited Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 01:23 PM   #33
Alucard

Yep! Cause theres nothing more fun then playing with bad lag, losing against certain skilled players you know you could easily win against in a proper arcade without that dumb lag, and the ever wonderful droppers. Online ruined CvS for me. I'll stick to playing with friends. Way more fun then.

And dont worry about people who roll alot to be cheap. Once you get the timing right you can throw them everytime. That should stop them from rolling in cheap ways to hit you.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 01:27 PM   #34
Spited Pariah
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Alucard
Yep! Cause theres nothing more fun then playing with bad lag, losing against certain skilled players you know you could easily win against in a proper arcade without that dumb lag, and the ever wonderful droppers. Online ruined CvS for me. I'll stick to playing with friends. Way more fun then.

And dont worry about people who roll alot to be cheap. Once you get the timing right you can throw them everytime. That should stop them from rolling in cheap ways to hit you.
you want bad lag? play on Kawaks

CvS 2 on Xbox live is no where near that bad at all, if you're speaking from experience then kill your service providor for false advertizing, cuz the game rocks on Xbox live ( if you keep getting cheaped, blame yourself for sucking at it, everyone knows that if your good, you can win.)

oh and btw, if your not playing with a person there is no reason to be playing a fighting game. Xbox live is the best thing to happen to console fighting games since the Arcade Stick.. Trash talking, and online gaming all in one, thats what its all about

Last edited by Spited Pariah; 08-02-2003 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:55 PM   #35
Alucard

The game doesn't run as smooth as you make it out to be. Its not the provider, its the actual server. You may not spot it now and then but theres still a delay at times when you do something. Any delay screws a game. I know someone who I could mop the floor with in the arcade, no matter how cheap he tried to be, yet with Live I had trouble winning more then half the games. Playing cheap is something I hate. They go for patterns. Once you start rushing using every move possible, you become unpredictable. Thats when alot of those players who play cheaply lose, because they really aren't as good as they pretend to be.

Would love to see the top 10 players on Live hop off to Japan or something. They would get destroyed in the arcades. And they couldn't drop out to keep their win ratio high. Disgusting.
Old 08-02-2003, 02:06 PM   #36
Spited Pariah
Banned

Quote:
The game doesn't run as smooth as you make it out to be. Its not the provider, its the actual server. You may not spot it now and then but theres still a delay at times when you do something. Any delay screws a game. I know someone who I could mop the floor with in the arcade, no matter how cheap he tried to be, yet with Live I had trouble winning more then half the games. Playing cheap is something I hate. They go for patterns. Once you start rushing using every move possible, you become unpredictable. Thats when alot of those players who play cheaply lose, because they really aren't as good as they pretend to be.

Would love to see the top 10 players on Live hop off to Japan or something. They would get destroyed in the arcades. And they couldn't drop out to keep their win ratio high. Disgusting.
yea, granted I did get two spots of delay, wanna know something? none of em were during gameplay, so your point is moot man, if your gonna blame it on lag, you might as well blame it on your incapacity to decypher the patterns, since its just an excuse never the less

I guess it is like they say, expectations are the mother of all whores, you can never satisfy everyone, I dunno what the hell you've been playing to get such high expectations of seemlessness no matter what, but no game I have ever played online has been 100% smooth all the way, there has always been atleast 1 spot of lag here or there, and considering all that, this game is still smooth

and about the japan thing, you might be right, but considering its just a game, its all a matter of decyphering patterns in gameplay, Nationality has very little to do with that

but if were gonna go by nationality, I wanna see the japs play the chinese.. that would be some freaky ****
Old 08-02-2003, 02:51 PM   #37
Alucard

Well some of us dont really play with patterns. We do strange things often. My gameplay is more direct. I dont sit and wait or do fireball/uppercut style Ryu/Ken gameplay modes. I grab either Kyo or Terry or some other KOF character and its just rush in and send moves every which way. You gotta have fun playing. Patterns get dull quickly for me.
Old 08-02-2003, 03:41 PM   #38
IoriYagami n8
Pinkerton

The game will not have Live support. It was stated before. Similar reasons as to why they won't be putting any Gamecube games out there. They can't afford it. I think MS charges s fee for when a game adds Live support, since it runs from their servers. Of course, if I'm mistaken about that then they are just being lazy or fair to PS2 owners, either way the game won't be on Live. And that's not so bad, considering how many morons I found playing CvS2 on Live, disconnecting losers...ugh.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:27 AM   #39
folken001

Quote:
Originally posted by Team Halloween
Well this is crazy, if they where going to use characters not from fighting games then they could've used Wesker already for fucks sake.

That is not so surprising considering Jill already made her way to MvC2

FFXI Server: Caitsith
lv 75 RNG/PLD/BRD/NIN/MNK, lv 63 WHM(Retired)
folken001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 02:37 AM   #40
folken001

Quote:
Originally posted by Spited Pariah
you want bad lag? play on Kawaks

CvS 2 on Xbox live is no where near that bad at all, if you're speaking from experience then kill your service providor for false advertizing, cuz the game rocks on Xbox live ( if you keep getting cheaped, blame yourself for sucking at it, everyone knows that if your good, you can win.)

oh and btw, if your not playing with a person there is no reason to be playing a fighting game. Xbox live is the best thing to happen to console fighting games since the Arcade Stick.. Trash talking, and online gaming all in one, thats what its all about
And Kawaks does not charge you 50 bucks a year, I think you need to remember that.

I have played CvS2 on Xbox several times. I am willing to go as far as to say that CvS2 is unplayable on Xbox. It's just way too laggy for anyone to have fun. Btw, Your whole "blame yourself for sucking at it" is stupid. CvS2 EO on Xbox was not intended to be played with lag.

Old 08-04-2003, 02:40 AM   #41
folken001

Quote:
Originally posted by IoriYagami n8
And that's not so bad, considering how many morons I found playing CvS2 on Live, disconnecting losers...ugh.
Yea, but there is a way to counter the whole disconnection fiasco, isn't there? And, yea, there are a lot of dorks on the server.

Old 08-04-2003, 03:22 AM   #42
Alucard

Theres no way to counter the disconnectors. Theres a way to report them to Microsoft. But it takes like an obscene amount of times for them to even consider doing anything. They really could care less to be honest. Like I said before, anyone in the top ten who thinks they are really good would not last in an arcade.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:04 AM   #43
Icarus4578
Virtuosity of Excellence

Go here, http://www.shoryuken.com/evolution/dvd/ and download the video trailer of the DVD set of the championship matches between both the US and Japanese champion Street Fighter players. Some pretty wild stuff.
Icarus4578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:31 PM   #44
folken001

Quote:
Theres no way to counter the disconnectors. Theres a way to report them to Microsoft. But it takes like an obscene amount of times for them to even consider doing anything. They really could care less to be honest. Like I said before, anyone in the top ten who thinks they are really good would not last in an arcade.
Well, I heard that u can report the disconnectors and give them bad feedback. And eventually, they'll be banned or suspended.

To be fair, there are some good players on Xbox Live. Like big name Capcom players, buktooth88 (it might be spelt differently), clockw0rk, etc plays CvS2 on Xbox Live. But, I think CvS2's ranking system on Xbox Live is messed up anyway. Because you have to keep playing in order to keep your ranking up. So many people just find the scrubs and fight them and get wins in order to improve their ranking. I've fought several high ranking players on Xbox Live and they weren't that good.

Old 08-04-2003, 12:35 PM   #45
folken001

Quote:
Originally posted by Icarus4578
Go here, http://www.shoryuken.com/evolution/dvd/ and download the video trailer of the DVD set of the championship matches between both the US and Japanese champion Street Fighter players. Some pretty wild stuff.
Yea, I bought it when Evo DVD first came out. It is pretty good. We are just no match for Japanese in fighting games except MvC2.

Evo2003 is going to start in less than a week. Daigo is coming this time. I can't wait to see whats going to happen...