The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-07-2002, 03:33 PM   #1
Firewalker

Dreamcast Emulation

Anyone ever used any of the emulators?? If so which ones worked the best for you??
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 09:23 PM   #2
Vash
Your Hero

DC emulators exist? If so what kind of PC do you need to run it? It has to be a pretty decent machine i would imagine.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 04:50 PM   #3
Firewalker

it isnt an emulator for pc. They are emulators for the DC. Like SNES, NES, NGPC, GB and all sorts of stuff.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:23 PM   #4
WINDJAMMERS

I've seen those, but sadly I don't have a CD-RW drive. The SNES one looks the coolest.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:22 PM   #5
Vash
Your Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Firewalker
it isnt an emulator for pc. They are emulators for the DC. Like SNES, NES, NGPC, GB and all sorts of stuff.
ahh i see.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:06 AM   #6
Rubeus

Any working Saturn emulators

I am just wonder if there is a working Sega Saturn emulator out there? I still have a few Sega Saturn games at home.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 11:39 PM   #7
Vash
Your Hero

Re: Any working Saturn emulators

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebeus
I am just wonder if there is a working Sega Saturn emulator out there? I still have a few Sega Saturn games at home.
you probably wont see one ever. the saturn was very similar to the PS2 in being that is probably one of the hardest systems to emulate on a PC or any other current console. too much propietary stuff.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:42 PM   #8
Hot Like Wasabi

I've tried getting Dreamsnes but it seems to complicated.
Old 06-16-2002, 08:14 PM   #9
gabriel
infinity in finity

I've never tried it, but it would be pretty cool to play all those games on your TV rather than on a computer. Or you could always get the original consoles

I'm sure there's a faq or something written about it somewhere...
Old 06-17-2002, 11:07 AM   #10
Firewalker

I have actually used DreamSNES and a VCD player. The version of dreamsnes that i have works fairly good. Some games play good, others run slow but playable and some do lock up your dc, but those could be corrupted roms. The vcd player works, but once again it is a beta and the sound is slightly delayed and has a little slowdown. It is confusing to figure out, but im sure there are tutorials at www.dcemulation.com. Also if you have doom, quake, or wolfenstien they can also b ported over to the dc. But you have to have the pc version so it can be ported over. Also for the dreamsnes emulator and the others i think u need a special cd burning program besides easy cd creator.
Old 06-17-2002, 01:30 PM   #11
WINDJAMMERS

Quote:
Also for the dreamsnes emulator and the others i think u need a special cd burning program besides easy cd creator.
Nero
Old 06-17-2002, 04:24 PM   #12
Pikachu

Quote:
I have actually used DreamSNES and a VCD player. The version of dreamsnes that i have works fairly good. Some games play good, others run slow but playable and some do lock up your dc, but those could be corrupted roms. The vcd player works, but once again it is a beta and the sound is slightly delayed and has a little slowdown. It is confusing to figure out, but im sure there are tutorials at www.dcemulation.com. Also if you have doom, quake, or wolfenstien they can also b ported over to the dc. But you have to have the pc version so it can be ported over. Also for the dreamsnes emulator and the others i think u need a special cd burning program besides easy cd creator.
Are you talking about the generic VCD player released by some Hong kong company? I've been looking for the controls for that VCD player.

Do you know what are the controls for the VCD player? Like how to skip forward/backward, pause and select audio channels, etc?
Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote