The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 05-11-2003, 03:52 PM   #1
ATMA
Gamer junkie

A tip for Matrix reloaded!(NO SPOILERS)

Okay from what I heard (from a good source) it's been confirmed that after the movie Matrix Reloaded...you have to keep your little ARSE in the seats, cause after the credits you'll probably gonna see the trailer of Matrix Revolution! And bytheway Holland has again a very odd reason for playing Matrix on this thursday(15th) and if i'm correct the US will get it Friday... Got my tickets *teehee* ....Yaaaaay

Old 05-13-2003, 01:17 PM   #2
mackensie
Wise Fool.

US gets it on thursday as well. but you are 6+ hours ahead so please no spoilers ;)

actually nevermind, many theaters near me are releasing it wednesday night at 10:00pm
Love can sweep you off your feet and carry you along in a way you've never known before. But the ride always ends, and you end up feeling lonely and bitter. Wait. It's not love I'm describing. I'm thinking of a monorail.

Last edited by mackensie; 05-13-2003 at 01:22 PM.
mackensie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:22 PM   #3
vherub
filasofer

Quote:
Originally posted by mackensie
US gets it on thursday as well. but you are 6+ hours ahead so please no spoilers ;)

actually nevermind, many theaters near me are releasing it wednesday night at 10:00pm
damn straight, i got a seat at a 10pm wed showing
im gonna say this movie clears 300 (us domestic) easy
you see that xmen by this thurs is supposed to surpass the 180 (again us domestic) the first made during its entire run?
Old 05-14-2003, 02:43 PM   #4
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Crap..I was just about to do a victory dance ..but you're right ..we will get it hours later ...(better then months later) ..NO SPOILERS..

But seriously, I fear for this Matrix reviewers have only negative comments on the Matrix . Apperntlyl it was to hyped up. Anyway we'll talk about in a couple of days!
Old 05-14-2003, 02:54 PM   #5
insteefy
I create dead bodies

we get the movie on Thursday at 10pm...

All movies are released on Thursday here, all..
Old 05-14-2003, 03:13 PM   #6
mackensie
Wise Fool.

hehe, going to see it at 10:45 tonight. supposidly it might actually have a substantual plot
Love can sweep you off your feet and carry you along in a way you've never known before. But the ride always ends, and you end up feeling lonely and bitter. Wait. It's not love I'm describing. I'm thinking of a monorail.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:56 AM   #7
mackensie
Wise Fool.

wow, what an amazing movie. I am truely stunned.

see this movie. now!
Old 05-15-2003, 10:59 AM   #8
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

I'm downloading it now, 1323MB file....jesus christ. I'll see it next weekend. I wish I could see it this weekend, especially since this hot girl I know wants me to go, but I have an unexpected, sudden, personal emergency and need to travel to SoCal this weekend....

So...it's next weekend for me. Hope it rocks. And thanks for the after credits tip! Much appreciated.

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 01:06 PM   #9
vherub
filasofer

its good. quite good. but as good? not enough time has passed to tell

i did not wait around until after the credits so i cannot confirm/deny the trailer (its an exhausting experience just watching the movie)
Old 05-15-2003, 02:34 PM   #10
mackensie
Wise Fool.

the trailer is there, its ok, and dammit those credits are long. there had to be at least 100 carpenters for the australian set (built zion). but we just talked over the credits and attempted to get less confused.

If you have seen the movie and would like clarifications on some of the themes etc., the best review i've found is by david polland. read the normal review, and then read the two spoiler sections (only if you've seen the movie). It helped me process the mountain of information a bit better.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:52 PM   #11
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

I donno, the buzz around campus aint too flattering. The gist of it goes like this "Matrix had a deep meaningful plot, and Reloaded tried to have deep meaningful dialogue. But it was very pretty."

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 04:24 PM   #12
mackensie
Wise Fool.

I would disagree with that assessment. the first matrix was far from deep. they threw some philosophy bones in there every once in a while. not that i didn't enjoy it emmensly, but despite the nerd following, the first matrix was a pretty shallow setup type movie (who's premese gets torn to shreds in reloaded). While the first movie exsisted on sfx, and wonderful style, reloaded exsists on a deep plot, even better sfx, and the same style.

reloaded is a fundamentaly different movie. it is far more deep, indeed many people complain that it has too much structure (for one viewing). reloaded is also only one part of two, so i did feel like they just cut me off at the end. anyway, if there was any movie this year to see on the big screen, I really can't see the logic in it not being reloaded.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:01 PM   #13
vherub
filasofer

there are 2 hoax scripts floating around on the internet (supposedly one is decent) but i havent located them yet
i did stumble on this:
http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/matrix50.html
a joke about why not to watch reloaded

oh, there might be spoilers in it, depending how sensitive you are
Old 05-25-2003, 07:28 PM   #14
Zod
All hail the hypno-toad!!

Unhappy

Crap!

I watched it eariler, and didn't read this first to learn about the Matrix Revolution preview.
Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 08:41 PM   #15
Nem
Smash bro!

hehe

i didnt knew about the "revolutions" trailer existence but just got seated after the movie talking to my friends and before i knew it there was the trailer:big smile

anyways i think the movie was fun in action but the story just doesnt feel right cause it was left in the middle:irked" ! Oh well! It isnt that much of a wait