The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Sony Discussion

Old 05-30-2002, 10:10 AM   #1
Iori

Brand new Dragonball Z fighting game from Bandai!

From the game news:
Bandai announced they will release a brand new Dragonball Z fighting game for PlayStation 2 in Japan by the end of this year, the game is being developed by Bandai, a totally different game from the Infogrames version.

This sounds good to me, now we are getting two new versions of DBZ fighting games, one from Infogrames and one from Bandai. I bet the Bandai version will be like a complete 3D makeover of the orginal Super Famicom version.

Which one do you think is better? Have anyone seen the Infogrames version? (They are not famous for fighting games, so I have doubts about the quality....).
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 02:57 PM   #2
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

Both version will probably be nasty. Infograme only make a DBZ for quick money. As for Bandai, I can believe that; with so many DBZ games in their hands that they still haven't figure out how to make a decent BDZ games.

If only Treasure could take the DBZ franchise and make it the way they did for YuYu Hakusho or Guandian Heroes "Versus mode".

I should stop dreaming now.

A pity really.

Last edited by Black Sugar; 05-30-2002 at 02:59 PM.
Black Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 03:13 PM   #3
typexig
-Drifter-

i saw a video of the infograme version like last year..it was in full 3d but the characters are cel-shaded..it was ok.. they showed gokou flying the flying nimbus and they showed him doing some karate moves..iono if theyre still going to use this..they might change it..so who knows..but it looked alright..not the best.. they have pictures of the bandai version in ign.com but you have to be a member of Insider...it sucks for me cuz im not a member...=)

-Xig-

-drifter-
typexig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 03:16 PM   #4
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

I saw it.. those pictures are 20X20 pixel big man, you can't see anything....

When Ign will die ?
Black Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 05:11 PM   #5
typexig
-Drifter-

i dont really care if these games are not the best. ama still buy it..hehe.. i love dragon ball..=)

-Xig-

-drifter-
Old 06-05-2002, 03:50 PM   #6
Pikachu

Why Bandai still tries to bring a DragonBall Z game out? The series is long past due and now they have Dragonball GT or something even newer, doesn't it make much more sense to release a game based on the newer series?
Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 06:16 PM   #7
typexig
-Drifter-

i think the only reason why they make DBZ games instead of the newer series (DBGT) is because the Z series is more popular than the GT series...=)

-Xig-

-drifter-
Old 06-08-2002, 01:54 PM   #8
Rubeus

I certain hope the Bandai version of DBZ play better than Infogrames. Infogrames doesn't have a good track record for great fighting games. At least Bandai managed to pull out some decent fighting games before, like One Piece Grand Battle. (Anyone tried this game by the way??)
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 10:20 AM   #9
Alucard

I saw some screens of that Infogrames one. Looked like a shocking PSX game graphically. I'm curious about the Bandai one though.
And dont expect GT. That series flopped when it was first released. The original creator, Toriyama, didn't do the GT series. He stopped after Dragonball Z. All he did for GT was a few character designs for bosses. The writing was from others. It's pretty trashy. Though it does have a couple cool stories.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:24 PM   #10
Sepiroth901

Hey finally some a board who knows teh to games are seperate. I have pictures from the Infogrames version if anyone would like them check out http://www.xsorbit4.com/users/primus420/index.cgi or
www.angelfire.com/rpg2/ultimatelevel
Old 09-18-2002, 06:27 PM   #11
Pikachu

I have stopped watching the TV show since last year, I don't think the game will sell any better than the GBA versions.
Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote