The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 05-01-2003, 12:53 PM   #1
DBJAY

Half Life 2 headed to Xbox.......

Though few details will be revealed until after E3, as the pc version is the star of the show.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=50126
DBJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 03:21 PM   #2
aneep

we'll see
the rumors are strong but until there's official confirmation (date of release, etc), i guess we better not get too excited

but its only a matter of time i guess (to announce it), the game had appeared in Xbox pre order at EB (early this year) even before the PC version previews appear in magazines

-aneep-
aneep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 05:07 PM   #3
DBJAY

The first one made it to the PS2 eventually, so there is a precedent set for a port.
DBJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 12:29 PM   #4
XzenoGear
TruE_soNy_paTriOt

Re: Half Life 2 headed to Xbox.......

Quote:
Originally posted by DBJAY
Though few details will be revealed until after E3, as the pc version is the star of the show.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=50126
Thanks DBJAY! HL II is gonna rock! & is the onlt true rival to Halo II.

Awesome! PC Shots! XBOX version will look almost the same! :cool guy:

PSN ID: Xzenogear
XzenoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 12:29 PM   #5
XzenoGear
TruE_soNy_paTriOt

I am looking forward to the XBOX version!

PSN ID: Xzenogear
XzenoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 01:57 PM   #6
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Unless Half-Life II suddenly puts vehicles and gets a huge graphical boost then Halo 2 is going to beat out HLII, but the good thing is.... these games are so apart in release that it really won't matter which ones better, I just hope Valve keeps the September release.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 03:51 PM   #7
mackensie
Wise Fool.

Quote:
Originally posted by Renegade X
Unless Half-Life II suddenly puts vehicles and gets a huge graphical boost then Halo 2 is going to beat out HLII
so in your opinion, graphics and vehicles are all it takes to have an excellent game? I play games for gameplay, you might play them for graphics and vehicles tho.
And we won't know how good a game is until it comes out o_O.
But go ahead and make your decision out of the blue. I'll wait until I play both games until I start making sweeping judgements.
Love can sweep you off your feet and carry you along in a way you've never known before. But the ride always ends, and you end up feeling lonely and bitter. Wait. It's not love I'm describing. I'm thinking of a monorail.
mackensie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 08:11 PM   #8
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
Originally posted by mackensie
so in your opinion, graphics and vehicles are all it takes to have an excellent game? I play games for gameplay, you might play them for graphics and vehicles tho.
And we won't know how good a game is until it comes out o_O.
But go ahead and make your decision out of the blue. I'll wait until I play both games until I start making sweeping judgements.
Yeah but we're talking first person shooters here mackensie... not games like Zelda, Rayman, and Mario... there only 5 things that make a FPS great, Graphics, Weapons, Story, Challenge, and Length. It's got the graphics, it's got the challenge, you know it's gonna have the story, the onlything Half Life 2 needs to worrya bout is Length and Weapons.... Personally I'm sick of these 20 hour FPSs with the same old frickin' weapons... I hope that Valve would consider at least putting some vehciles in the game, but not make them useable save for in multiplayer. But still putting these games side by side, right now I'm looking forward to both, but Halo 2 really has my attention, but I will be playing HL2 the day it arrives.

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Old 05-12-2003, 08:54 PM   #9
mackensie
Wise Fool.

bullsh1t.

i can think of a bunch of fps where their competition had "better graphics" but I would still play them because they are fun to play --> hence gameplay.

Clearly your views are FAR different than mine. I prefer gameplay above all else, while you do not.
Love can sweep you off your feet and carry you along in a way you've never known before. But the ride always ends, and you end up feeling lonely and bitter. Wait. It's not love I'm describing. I'm thinking of a monorail.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:06 PM   #10
suronosuke
MadGuy

so renegadeX...we can make the same assumption for turn based rpgs?

and if not why?
Old 05-12-2003, 10:01 PM   #11
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
Originally posted by suronosuke
so renegadeX...we can make the same assumption for turn based rpgs?

and if not why?
I would say, yeah, but theres different ways of going about making a turn based RPG. You know you can have it top down, FF style, Suikoden style, you can add things to it. It's basicly the same as a FPS, the gameplay formula is the same, but theres different ways of implementing it. It's like Hexen and Quake... both games are at their cores run and guns, but Hexen takes a more Dark Fantasy/Medeval look while Quake takes Future reigned by Hell Spawn. Hexen has a inventory, Quake doesn't but the both had power ups. Their both FPSs but their game play is almost exactly the same, just implemented differently.

Now as for what mackensie said, regardless of what I say, having fun is always what gaming is about.... it's assumed and doesn't even need to really be brought up, Gaming is a form of entertainment... of course it's for fun. Now I think Halo 2 is going to be the more memorable FPS than Half Life 2 is. Why, Bungie didn't tip their entire hand with Halo. Half Life layed all their cards out. Where Half-Life is gonna shine is the continuation of the story of Gordon Freeman and what they add HL2 that HL didn't have. Also, player made mods, edits, and addons are also going to be apart of HL2 success as well.

Old 05-12-2003, 11:02 PM   #12
mackensie
Wise Fool.

they've tipped their hands???????

2 weeks ago, half life 2 was vaporware!

sigh. you simply miss every point i make.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:10 PM   #13
Drunken Savior
Mahjikbahks is dying.

When the hell did this board turn into a psychoanalytic character assassination of Renegade X? Seriously now.

BTW, what kinda computer was running those screenshots?

Games I'm hyped for
The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Kight, Star Citizen, The Division, Metal Gear Solid V
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:05 AM   #14
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Nope, I didn't miss a single point you made, I happen to agree with you on some of the points. Everybody's so high strung lately, I wonder why? Well not everybody but you get what I mean.

Now on to Drunken's question, I'm guessing a Geforce 3 or one of the lower end GeForce 4's

Old 05-13-2003, 04:08 AM   #15
Alucard

Its a little strange that this game was placed in the XBox section just because theres a port expected to come. But currently its PC news. Not XBox.

The game will be shown at E3 on an ATI's RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB. Lord knows what the CPU will be. But you should be able to run this game smoothly with a geforce 4 and 2gig cpu with full effects and detail. Something I'm all ready with! W00t!
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote