The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 04-25-2003, 01:22 AM   #1
Black Ace
Watching liek a Hwak

Square Enix reveals massively multiplayer bike gang RPG for the PC

Quote:
Massively multiplayer motorcycles are on their way to Japan.

Square Enix has announced Bakusou Yankee Damashii, an upcoming online game for the PC involving old-style Japanese motorcycle delinquents. The title can be translated into English as "Souls of Wheel-Burning Yankees." The term "Yankee" is synonymous with "delinquent" in Japan, coming from trends in the 1970s involving rebellious youths cutting their hair in stereotypical American-rock-musician style.

According to Square Enix, Bakusou Yankee Damashii will be the first online MMORPG that will let players enjoy the world of Japanese motorcycle delinquents. There will be a number of goals in the game, such as to become the leader of all the juvenile riders in Japan, but the player can also just hang around in places such as convenience stores and chat. While Bakusou Yankee Damashii will involve motorcycles, it will not be based on racing. Instead, players will fight for territory, compete with each other by finding the weirdest way of riding bikes, play chicken, and participate in other events, such as the "day of the cops," where the game master, disguised as the police, will arrest the delinquents without asking any questions.

Bakusou Yankee Damashii is being developed by Atalier Double, and it will be published by Square Enix. A demo of the game will be released by Square Enix soon. No release date or retail price information has been released at this time.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/bakus...s_6025609.html
Black Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 03:05 AM   #2
mackensie
Wise Fool.

ahah thats awesome.

I can't wait for a West Side Story MMMOG(massive multiplayer musical online game)
Love can sweep you off your feet and carry you along in a way you've never known before. But the ride always ends, and you end up feeling lonely and bitter. Wait. It's not love I'm describing. I'm thinking of a monorail.
mackensie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 04:41 AM   #3
Cobi*
renegade

wow, things are so different now. a pc game and no mention of a home console version? i don't see anything square about square-enix.

Quote:
While Bakusou Yankee Damashii will involve motorcycles, it will not be based on racing.
um, what? not based on racing? :irked" i hope racing factors in somewhere though... that would be kinda weak if racing wasn't a part of the game about motorcycles!

so far, this one looks like it's staying in japan
Cobi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 10:30 PM   #4
Rubeus

Quote:
Originally posted by cobi40-50
wow, things are so different now. a pc game and no mention of a home console version? i don't see anything square about square-enix.

These were probably business from the Enix side. Enix has published a number of PC online games before.
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote