The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > PC / Games / Internets Discussion

Old 04-24-2003, 12:25 PM   #1
Mutter
Olimar is my mate

RenegadeX, you feel like being proven wrong?

57.3 percent will be for video game consoles

26.7 percent will be for personal computers

8.6 percent will be for handheld game devices

4.7 percent will be for PDAs, wireless phones and other

2.6 percent will be online/Internet games

All of this is for how much each thing will be taking up on the E3 floor. Consoles have more than twice the amount of floorspace.

HA! I AM RIGHT!
Mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 12:37 PM   #2
Black Sugar
put some sugar on top...

...Renegade X and I also had a argument about this. Basically, I told him the same things as you did. Unless he can prove us wrong, I'll stick to my opinion ; The E3 are moslty for console gaming....
Black Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 01:21 PM   #3
Mutter
Olimar is my mate

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Bahamut
...Renegade X and I also had a argument about this. Basically, I told him the same things as you did. Unless he can prove us wrong, I'll stick to my opinion ; The E3 are moslty for console gaming....
I'm with you brother
Mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 01:38 PM   #4
Alucard

Moved thread. Lets not try to start arguments or heated discussions in public that could be done in PM. Though I also believe E3 is mainly console based lately.
Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 01:50 PM   #5
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

I would like to request a source for this.

Currently PLAYING: Oblivion(PC), Rise of Legends Demo (PC), Commandos 2 (PC)

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Renegade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:03 PM   #6
gearhound1
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Renegade X
I would like to request a source for this.

give me a break. everyone knows that E3 is mainly for consoles.
gearhound1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:09 PM   #7
Kid0_oIcarus
wha-?

Yeah! Even my cat knows that!

No seriously, she's a smart kitty.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:32 PM   #8
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Quote:
Originally posted by gearhound
give me a break. everyone knows that E3 is mainly for consoles.
Tell that, to...

EA
Id
Raven
Activision
LucasArts
Bethsahda
Sony Online Entertinment
Mircosoft
Blizzard
Eidos
Ion Storm
Ubi Soft
Dreamcatcher
Stradegy First
Gathering
Vivendi Universal Games
Interplay
Infogrames
Rockstar
Sierra
Bunea Vista Games
Funcom
CDV
Nova Logic
Codemasters
Take 2 Interactive
Maxis

*with great sarcasum*
Yeah... E3's alllllll about console games... No PC bombshells gonna be dropped this year at E3... I mean the PC side of E3 has only been the most Innovative branch of gaming since the early 90's... I mean, John Carmac, who's that guy? Just some geek thats in the gaming hall of fame and changed pop culture as we know it... I mean what this game called Doom? Yeah, E3 is all about consoles.

Just Finished: Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Castlevania Symphony of the Night (PSOne)
Old 04-24-2003, 02:40 PM   #9
Drunken Savior

Yea, consoles run the show at E3, and computer games get to attend. They make a great showing, but mostly console games are showcased. Were not saying that they aren't there, but there are more video games being shown than computer games. Though DOOM 3 does look to be the listed game I want to see the most this year.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 02:47 PM   #10
Alucard

This year its going to be PC games ruling E3. What with the amount of MMORPGS listed like EQ2 and SWG, HIGH profile legendary games like Doom 3 and Half Life 2 are going to be shown. These are the sorts of games the rock gaming foundations.

Though usually theres more video games being released on consoles then PCs that are the focus at E3. At least thats what I've noticed. Sony, Sega and Nintendo usually dominate part of the floor on their own.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:01 PM   #11
mackensie
Wise Fool.

Doom ]I[ is both console and PC gaming. I don't think that it should be cagorized as one or the other.
Love can sweep you off your feet and carry you along in a way you've never known before. But the ride always ends, and you end up feeling lonely and bitter. Wait. It's not love I'm describing. I'm thinking of a monorail.
mackensie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 03:01 PM   #12
Hemmorrhoid
Sexmachine

Sure PC is very important, but all consoles together raise more attention. Also because the console world relies much more on E3, I dont see many PC gamers saying WAIT FOR E3 as much as we do.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:29 PM   #13
Renegade X
Return of the Renegade

Well, I know one reason why you hear about console games a lot here is because this is a console gaming news site... if you where to hop over to GameSpy's Forum (I seriously suggest you don't unless you really want to talk about PC issuse because seriously the console noobies are running rampant over there) you'd find more of the PC side of E3... it's just all about what the forum is based about. And I agree the consoles may get more space and press coverage, mostly because of how console gaming is becoming more and more in the spot light with companies like Sony and Mircosoft coming into the fold, but still E3 is the PC gamer's trade show... for one it's just about the only major PC tradeshow there is... Of course the PC isn't going to have as many games... if you combine the companies... thats a no brainer, but what I'm talking about is quality of games. Aside from Fighting, Platform, and occassionally Action Adventures, the PC has the best showing of games... I have yet to see a console game live up to titles such as Deus Ex (yeah PS2 port, whoopieyay), Thief, or Morrowind in innovative ideas... And as I've said before, theres one game thats at E3 that no console will ever beat, and thats Star Wars Galaxies... trust me, take it form a very happy tester.

Old 04-24-2003, 03:57 PM   #14
Alucard

PC is definately the best games system out there. If I had a choice to keep it or one of my consoles, I'd go PC and throw the consoles out the window without hesitation. Although I for one am not as excited about SWG as RenegadeX is. I'm more looking forward to EQ2. And its a good thing its coming out alot later form now becuase theres too many awesome games I need to catch up on with the PC. Especially with delicious titles like Lionheart and Greyhawk coming out.

Doom 3 will always be a PC title to me. When a console comes along and tries to steal it I will ignore that console because the game started, and will finish being developed, on the PC. The XBox version is just a port in my book. Nothing gets under my skin more then when a console tries to take a game from the PC side of gaming. Screw you Bungie. you're stil a wannabe TRIBES.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:10 PM   #15
Drunken Savior

I've invested over five grand in my computer. There's no way in hell Im chuckin it out the window. But since I own a Mac, I let my consoles do the gaming for me. (with the excpetion of Monkey Island and Warcraft III) One day I'll piece together a new PC with Windows and Linux, but right now I'm so close to pimpin out my Mac that I'm focused on that. Tis truely a pirate's dream right now. Can you imagine 4 120 GB HDs?

And I've ALWAYS considered Doom 3 to be a PC title. And as Alucard said, if it is released for XBox, it will be a port in my mind. A good port, one worth buying, but still a port.

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote