Old 05-22-2002, 04:31 PM   #1
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

DOOM III Pics: Holy Merciful Crap!!

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Looks like I'm going to have to upgrade my computer.

We seem to have juxtaposed an impasse here.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 05:45 PM   #2
ATMA
Gamer junkie

not bad at all !!!

it's great to see that the serie evolve into this
the graphics are great (check my pm )!!
lets hope that the story is also good than you might have a good game !!!
ps: DMC2 graphics impressed me more !!
Old 05-22-2002, 05:53 PM   #3
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

You're not impressed?

I agree, DMC2 has a better style of graphics. But this has better graphics by raw power. I'm getting it, no matter what.

Old 05-22-2002, 06:15 PM   #4
ATMA
Gamer junkie

East -West thingy !!!

I know I know it doesn't make sense huh ??.
DOOM3 got more power and stuff yet i like DMC2 more ..it's the same with x-box it got more power than the ps2 and the cube no one will deny that
but yet i still think power doesn't play a big part in games and nor is graphics .
i'll give you some excample !!
an american cartoon with a manga cartoon !!
AMERICAN CARTOON ..story starts ..good guy girl and bad guy !!
bad guy almost win .good guy kicks bad guy and get the girl happy ending
JAP cartoon ..story most of the time gives you the feeling you have to watch this again .alot of time story isn't a happy ending ,jap cartoon covers more subjects (like religion,sex,violence)wich in the states are like taboe (Because of this Xenogears almost didn't saw light in the states)
jap cartoons are more seriously drawn !!
AMERICAN GAMES -Games are most of the time to empty no details (like a game made in a short time)most of the time they only concentrate on the graphics and not the story and thinking people will buy it just for the graphics ..(it's kinda cheating don't you think?)
most of the time the hero got a gun and it's him against an entire alien race ,most of the time it's invasion ...and more blood and gore the better the game will be !!! (MORTAL KOMBAT,DOOM ect ect ect )..
Jap games -entertainment (Sega ,Capcom)..games with fun factor really high that you can play them over and over again !!
Story usualy are so big and phylosophical deep that makes you think really deep !!! games have alot of colours and details !! not alot of violance and blood and gore !!!
(sure there are a few like SH and R.E ..but i'm sure the p.c got way way waaaaay more right ???..
LOOK i'm not saying US games are bad ..but comparing to Jap you can only pick a handfull of us games that are original and good !!!
and i think U.S devolpers can learn much more from jap devolpers ..!!
But this is the way i see things and this is the reason why i made my opinion and this is the reason that i'm not into the p.c world and x-box doesn't impress me ,and why the graphics of doom 3
doesn't impress me (but the graphics are not bad ..that's for sure )..
and yes to bad SEGA is working on x-box ..might miss some good titles ..but I doubt we will see shenmue3 on the x-box since am2 will work only for the CUBE !!! anyway by those reason i've always been in the plugnplay and everytime i try a p.c game it's always the same !!!
what do you think MM ???
Old 05-22-2002, 06:45 PM   #5
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Games

The best games will always come from Japan. Theres no if's and but's about it. And I hate how the good guy always wins in American cartoons. Thats why I like Anime. At least sometimes, important people die, before the good side wins. It's the plot twist that counts.

...Did you like GTA3? That game basically sold on Violence(and sex), but it had a great deal of realism in it. And I think that made it a great game.

Graphics does matter to a certain extend. People wouldn't be buying new systems if they wanted games on their old consoles. Some companies tries to exploit this to the extreme.

Do you think DOA Extreme Volleyball will do great? That has the chance to be the greatest Volleyball game ever, gameplay wise. But it will sell on other material. When I told my friends about this game, they laughed at first. But they were interested.

There are alot of great games out there. But some games has to put extras so it will stand out. Would FFVII ever have been a huge success, if it didn't have great graphics at the time. Or the fact it was one of the first RPG's to have adult material?

Old 05-22-2002, 07:00 PM   #6
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Graphics-story-realism

Yes for the western people graphics always play the biggest role in games ..and that's a shame if they call them self gamers ..back than look at how the games were ...
but back than the games were really great everything was perfect story graphics but now it seem it's all about the graphics ,
it's logical also that people thinks that way can't blame them, i mean the first thing you see about a game is the graphics so ..that kinda explain why most people think graphics is all
i mean i won't buy a game just for the graphics
that woulda suck big time !!
And one thing i noticed the next gen gamers (90's) ..most of them it's all about the graphics ,but the gamers from the 80's they concentrate more on the story and graphics !!!And with x-box proofs everything how the American vision on plugnplay must be !!!only raw power just for the graphics
To bad these people doesn't realies that it's not only the graphics!!
same as the movie how many time did you had a nice movie but the story was sucky !!!
imagine if Lord of the rings they woulda only concetrate on the computer animation instead of the story woulda be a waste right ???..well anyway
maybe i'll miss alot by not being in the p.c world
but right now i'm very very very very happy with the way plugnplay is doing and very happy with the big N and Sony !!!!
Old 05-22-2002, 07:11 PM   #7
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Stories just don't cut anymore.

I will always buy a console based on games. And maybe life-span. But if it has good games, it will last a long time anyway.

...But I do plan on suping my PC to the max. You know, for ego reasons.

I don't think the casual gamer really care about graphics. The Psx and the PS2 is selling great. It's the games that matters in the end.

Old 05-22-2002, 07:22 PM   #8
ATMA
Gamer junkie

yep !!!

So you got a little ego after all ..LOL..!!
well goodluck on the $$$$
I'm worried about all the rpg's and games that will come out from the jappa land !!!alot of bling bling there my friend and here i am trying to save for the jappa land and now there's to much games coming out !!
we got so many right now that will come and all of them looks great (story/background)and i heard Xenosaga also got a hectic story like Xenogears
they were talking about child prostitution in there and the game had alot to do with religions ..or they talk about them can't remember ..but the game got a hectic story so i'm looking foward to Xenosaga !!
and i think a game with realism in it will also be a good game ..i can imagine a game like fightclub
will be great (doesn't have to be fightclub )..but something like in it
offtopic:have you seen fightclub ??.
Old 05-22-2002, 07:35 PM   #9
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Word

No, I haven't seen Fight Club. I saw a little bit, but not the whole thing. Did you see Fast and the Furious? That movie was awesome.

...The US market is more open these days. In the SNES days, they didn't even curse. In I Love Lucy(50's TV show), they couldn't even use the word pregnant. So games like Xenosaga won't have much trouble getting released.

Don't worry, I'll get the $$ for my PC. Somehow.

Last edited by Overlord; 05-22-2002 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-22-2002, 07:47 PM   #10
ATMA
Gamer junkie

Why do you think i start playing GT3 again ??

"YOU CAN HAVE ANY BREW YOU WANT AS LONG IF IT'S A CORONA "
famoust qoute of the 21st century
And funny thing is i was drinking Corona before this movie came out ( i work in a disco remember )
Yes i got the special edition of FntF that movie was awesome indeed i loooove the RX7 in the movie
it's one of my favourite car (not the fastes)..but there's just something about that RX7 !!And ofcourse the SUPRA was great in the movie !!!
i heard they are working on a sequel i hope Vin diezel returns i like him in the movie he played his role very good IMO !!!
Old 05-22-2002, 08:09 PM   #11
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Van Diezel's future

He's working on a movie called XXX. Not sure what it's about.

Old 05-22-2002, 08:23 PM   #12
typexig
-Drifter-

yes. xbox and american games are straight up graphics..and i also like FntF, really good movie, not the best though, but the cars were good, are you sure they're making a sequal to this movie? i hope they put a 3ooogt and more Skyline in the sequal. and more Street racing!!!!..=)

-Xig-
typexig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 08:33 PM   #13
Overlord
Akuma to odorou

Suspense

That movie had a lot of Suspense and drama for a car/race like movie.

Old 05-22-2002, 08:39 PM   #14
ATMA
Gamer junkie

wow !!

You read all the thingy me and Overlord discuss ??
nice going TYPEXIG!!!

Yes more 3000gt will be great and skyline !!
and i think it's difficult to make a good story into a car racing movie !!But i hope they don't screwed it up in the sequel, FntF was a really good movie ,and whatabout the black honda civic with the green lights underneath ??
wasn't those cars also prety sweet !!
And this time they have to make it look more like the characters are sitting in the cars and use them alot ..like drive their car just a house further down to pay the neighboor a visit !!LOL
Old 05-22-2002, 08:47 PM   #15
hootie17
sensing some hostility

Exclamation well...

well my comp is cr@p so i won't be playin this one

LoSt I bE

"...to to continue is an honor and a privlidge, to continue is as to be reincarnated in reality and should be used wisely to do what is best to challenge the mistakes of the past and over come them..."
-Myself

I wAnT a KiRbY gAmE fOr Gc
hootie17 is offline   Reply With Quote