The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-09-2018, 02:31 AM   #1
Rubeus

Monster Hunter: World shipments and digital sales top six million

Makes me want to try .. is there a demo for this?

Quote:

Monster Hunter: World shipments and digital sales top six million

Fastest Capcom title to ship six million units.

Total worldwide shipments and digital download sales for Monster Hunter: World have exceeded six million, Capcom announced.

Monster Hunter: World also set the record for the fastest Capcom title to ship six million units.

The latest Media Create software sales reveal that at least 1,591,356 units of the six million are retail sales of the PlayStation 4 version in Japan.

The game launched worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 26 (the Xbox One version is only available in North America and Europe). A PC version is due out this fall.

Three days after its initial release, Capcom announced that total worldwide shipments and digital download sales for Monster Hunter: World exceeded five million.

https://gematsu.com/2018/02/monster-...op-six-million
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 07:49 AM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

There was an open beta during christmas. I was away on a trip so i couldn't try it.

I confess it looks good, but i'm still traumatised by (boring and repetitive) hunting games, so i dunno.

I did see reviews and they streamlined alot of annoyances, but at the end of the day, if i need to repeat the same missions over and over for a chance to get a piece of loot, i'm not sure i can be on board.

The monsters do look amazing though.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:15 AM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
There was an open beta during christmas. I was away on a trip so i couldn't try it.

I confess it looks good, but i'm still traumatised by (boring and repetitive) hunting games, so i dunno.

I did see reviews and they streamlined alot of annoyances, but at the end of the day, if i need to repeat the same missions over and over for a chance to get a piece of loot, i'm not sure i can be on board.
The game overall is faster on their mechanics, no need to stop to take stuff because you can do it while still running, you can switch equipments during missions, no need to wander around multiple map sections looking for the target, stamina bars only deplete while in combat and you can fast travel the maps.

I did like this one they made some weapons more appealing.

Grinding has been always the core of hunting type games so perhaps it wasn't your kind of game to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
The monsters do look amazing though.
It's even more amazing when you get to see two big ones beating the crap of each other.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote