Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 01-19-2018, 02:03 AM   #1
Rubeus

Mamma mia! Nintendo sold 1.5 million Switch systems across the US in December

Click for full size

Quote:
Mamma mia! Nintendo sold 1.5 million Switch systems across the US in December
3DS also sees a resurgence

You know, I'm starting to think this Switch doo-hickey might be catching on.

Two weeks after Nintendo announced the Switch is the fastest selling console ever in the United States, the NPD Group is giving us a look at just how the company did it. December's sales numbers are in and the Nintendo Switch sold a staggering 1.5 million consoles during the period. That's more than it sold at launch and enough to push it past 4.8 million consoles sold in the US over the last 10 months. Coming in second for the month was the Xbox One X.

Not only is the console-handheld hybrid selling well, but so are its games. Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 all made the Top 20 list for last month. Also on that list are Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, two titles that no doubt ended up with the some of the 750,000 handhelds from the 3DS family that were purchased in December. That puts the 3DS above 21 million units sold in the US and marks its best single month in three years.

In case you're wondering, at last check the Wii U has lifetime sales of around 6.5 million consoles sold in the Americas, so we're probably going to have to wait a little while longer for the inevitable "Switch has now outsold the Wii U worldwide" article you know we're all just champing at the bit to publish.

https://www.destructoid.com/mamma-mi...r-483359.phtml
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 11:52 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
and I helped!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

It is still a bit unreal for me.

I still don't get what the craze is. Is it the Zelda+Mario effect? Is it cause it's new?

I don't get it and i can't tell if it will last or not. Part of me expects sales to drop off a cliff at some point when people realize that it's another under powered Nintendo system.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I just like portable systems so I knew I would like this system if they release games I liked on it.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #5
Hagane
Unlucky dog

A number of reasons comes to my mind.

Perhaps it is because a lot of people held back with the wii u, nintendo's line up was half decent on it's 1st year and they got intersting announcemets for the 2nd one (well, not really that interesting because most are remasters or ports, the selling point is portability), it combines the gimmick feature that made so popular the wii with poratble capabilities and some stuff I'm probably missing out.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote