The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 11-23-2017, 12:35 AM   #1
Rubeus

Marvel Heroes Developer Gazillion Apparently Lays Off Everyone On Thanksgiving Eve

Is the game really that bad?

Click for full size

Quote:
Marvel Heroes Developer Gazillion Apparently Lays Off Everyone On Thanksgiving Eve

Gazillion, the studio behind the embattled Marvel Heroes, has apparently been shut down today, with all staff laid off the day before Thanksgiving. As a result the game will also be closing early; originally due to end in December, it’ll now cease operations on Friday.

Multiple former employees have taken to Twitter to announce the layoffs, which come not long after Disney’s decision to “end [its] relationship” with the developer.

Making matters worse, ex-Gazillion staff are also reporting that they’re not even being paid their severance or PTO, and that their medical insurance will end next week.

Last week, PlayStation and Xbox players began the process of asking for refunds for the money they had spent on a game (that’s less than six months old!) that would no longer be playable.

Disney pulled the plug on the game last week, after issuing a statement that read:
We regret to inform our Marvel Heroes fans that we have ended our relationship with Gazillion Entertainment, and that the Marvel Heroes games will be shut down. We would like to sincerely thank the players who joined the Marvel Heroes community, and will provide any further updates as they become available.
https://kotaku.com/marvel-heroes-dev...f-e-1820695861
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Game is done and it's cause of the CEO, he even got David Brevik kicked off the company.

He's also been accused of Sexual misconduct, which apparently is the real reason why Disney pulled the license, they wanted him out, but he said fat chance that will happen, so they took it back and boom, the game is done.

insider talk that I heard said that Disney actually wanted to buy the game from them and have another developer work on it, gazillion ceo said fuck that and tried to call their "bluff" about taking the license away and they couldn't do it.

He used to work for EA... that should tell you how evil he is.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:02 PM   #3
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Game and company are completely gone now.

If you bought currency from Xbox one version of the game, MS is refunding everything from the start of the game!

But, Sony is being jerks about it, some people got refunds, but some who had over 50% of trophies unlocked, aren't getting the refunds. BOOOO! SONNY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

edit, PSN Europe are doing refunds for the game, but still no word on PSN NA.... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Hopefully in the end they do it too if enough of us complain.

Last edited by spider-prime; 11-28-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:27 PM   #4
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
But, Sony is being jerks about it, some people got refunds, but some who had over 50% of trophies unlocked, aren't getting the refunds. BOOOO! SONNY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

edit, PSN Europe are doing refunds for the game, but still no word on PSN NA.... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Hopefully in the end they do it too if enough of us complain.
Probably because it's clashing with the psn trophy reward program.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:04 AM   #5
spider-prime

it's not even store credit, they are refunding back to whatever you used to pay for it, so unless it was a gift card, everyone else is just putting it back on credit cards/paypal/debit cards/etc.

They could just discount the trophy reward cash off of what they gave you from what they refund you.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:37 AM   #6
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

To be honest MS have always been decent with this kind of thing but refunding everything from the start of the game! that's kinda of surprising.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:56 AM   #7
spider-prime

I was talking to David Brevik's wife, diablo creator/ex ceo of gazillion, she also worked there, on one of the last days the server was up, so about 3 days ago.

I asked her if there was insurance for bankruptcy for gazillion and if the new ceo was going to make major cash on this, she said, more than likely. So it seems to make himself richer, he screwed over a lot of people.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:24 AM   #8
bujeezus

Man, I remember being stoked for this game since Brevik was involved. I actually played throught the story line on the pc when it came out. What a fuckin shame about the CEO screwing everybody over. Maybe karma will catch up with him.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:01 PM   #9
spider-prime

and I confirmed from her that, yes, Disney did want to buy the game from them and Gazillion CEO just didn't respond to them at all about the offer.

Confirmed another thing! PSN NA is doing refunds from aug 17th till now, So this very much sucks for people who bought the founder's packs when they first came up and in July when the game first came up and people spent a lot on it to get everything unlocked right away, which was around 400 dollars to do.