The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Nintendo Discussion

Old 10-12-2017, 01:13 AM   #1
Rubeus

Nintendo Registered A New Game Boy Trademark In Japan, Gameboy Classic Mini next?

Who's going to get this anyway? It's way less attractive than NES or SNES Classic Mini.

Click for full size

Quote:
Nintendo Just Registered A New Game Boy Trademark In Japan [Update]

Let’s review. Nintendo released a Classic Mini NES. It released a Classic Mini SNES. And now, a new Japanese trademark for for the Game Boy has been filed in Japan. Hrm...

Click for full size

Update October 12-6:50am: An earlier version of this story stated that the filed trademark read “Classic Mini Game Boy.” That was incorrect.

Ninten-Switch.com reports that the trademark was recently discovered. It’s been tweeted out by a Japanese trademark bot.

The trademark was filed on September 15, and included this Game Boy image.

Here is how the trademark listing appears on website Japan Platform for Patent Information.

Click for full size

It doesn’t specific the name on the trademark, but it covers a variety of “home video game console” programs as well as “programs for smartphones,” “smartphone cases,” “smartphone covers,” as well as “key holders,” “necklaces,” and “watches.” Some of the trademarks could be to protect the “Nintendo Classic Mini Game Boy” brand or they could simply be to protect the Game Boy brand. Full stop.

Back in 2005, Nintendo released a smaller version of the Game Boy Advance called the Game Boy Micro.

Gizmodo Japan is one of many Japanese sites wondering if this means a Nintendo Classic Mini Game Boy is coming and pointed out (via US Gamer) that this past summer, Nintendo Europe also filed for a Nintendo 64 trademark. With the success of the NES Mini and the SNES Mini, it would be surprising if more Minis were not in the works.

Kotaku reached out to Nintendo prior to publication, but has yet to hear back.

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-register...ark-1819350111
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
we already got the mini, Gameboy Micro!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:18 PM   #3
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

It be interesting to see how they would release a Gameboy Classic.

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #4
Hagane
Unlucky dog

This thing needs to have more than 30 games and throw some game boy color exclusives in the mix in order to gather a well founded interest in those who won't get stuff just because it looks cute.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:34 PM   #5
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Personally, I wouldn't mind a game and watch collection, loved the remake versions for the GBC back in the day, got the rerelease of G&W Ball from club Nintendo and those mini watch versions of them that stores had.

I would love to get a new Zelda game and watch, used to have it back in the day but it broke and buying one from ebay is.... too expensive for what it is. But I got the small keychain version of it. Still one of my favorite game and watch games.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:52 AM   #6
Eureka
Eureka

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
Personally, I wouldn't mind a game and watch collection, loved the remake versions for the GBC back in the day, got the rerelease of G&W Ball from club Nintendo and those mini watch versions of them that stores had.

I would love to get a new Zelda game and watch, used to have it back in the day but it broke and buying one from ebay is.... too expensive for what it is. But I got the small keychain version of it. Still one of my favorite game and watch games.
The new Zelda game...From what I’ve seen in the game so far, definitely. The open world is top notch...there’s plenty to do....the scenes are amazing and the combat system is well refined. It surpassed my expectations of what it would be.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote