The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > Community Board

Old 12-30-2017, 07:46 PM   #16
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
What Ein said!
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:33 PM   #17
Nem
Smash bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nem View Post
I'm gonna be honest. I enjoyed the prequals more than episode 7 and i hate prequals.

E7 was a terrible joke. I just can't get over the magically bending spiliting energy beam that destroys those planets. That is complete BS. Gundam makes superweapons more believable than that!

You can't just piss on physics like that when making a sci-fi movie. Even if SW veers a bit into fantasy.

Rogue 1 though, was awsome. I am not expecting good things from this new trilogy though. The cast is terrible, i don't care about any of the new characters and they portraid the classic characters as passive losers post episode 6.
Just, the story is a whole unbelivable mess, and this is without even touching "drops out of nowhere" new empire and planet sized super weapon no one noticed.
After watching the last Jedi i still feel exactly the same way, except we can add superman moment to the list of silly things.
I enjoyed the movie, i just think the problems were there on E7 and i had seen them way before now. It's not an E8 problem imo.

Drops out of nowhere empire still not explained, villain not explained, suspension of disbelief on ridiculous power level still there. These were there on E7 aswell, but that one was somehow good. *shrugs* I just don't get it.

At least this time i knew what i was going in for. So, i went in to watch a popcorn flick and be entertained, not amazed.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:07 PM   #18
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I don't even see many movies anymore, most are snore fests.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:07 PM   #19
zechin
THERE IS NO BATHROOM!

My major gripe with the movie is this (there are many) but this deus ex machina makes it impossible for me to not question why they just didn't resort to using this and solving all their problems in earlier films:

Who would have thought using lightspeed would do that much damage. Why not just do this from the very beginning of the film? Why not just send in space ships/cruisers on auto-pilot and lightspeed them into everything to do massive damage. Why not get those bomb carriers at the beginning of the film to lightspeed directly into the dreadnought? Scratch that, why didn't they just do that in the earlier films? Pop a droid in or develop some program to make them go auto pilot every single time an epic space battle happens and lightspeed them into enemy ships. Why even bother making the death star shoot lasers, just give it tons of fuel and make it lightspeed through 600 planets in one go. Why not get an x-wing to lightspeed into the death-stars one weakness instead of gambling on two laser torpedos.

*giant face-palm* that's just one criticism for this terrible movie. I don't fully hate it, because I can still appreciate its cinematography but god, at least with the Force Awakens I was looking forward to the next film.
zechin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:40 PM   #20
Nem
Smash bro!

Yet you had no problem with the faster than lightspeed traveling energy beam that magically splits in E7? (i do agree with the point you make though)

These movies are full of nonsense. The old ones at least tried to be believable. Rogue one even elaborated on it. Like, the Death star was a space station. It could move to it's target in light speed and fire the beam.
That planet weapon's beam is literally travelling past thousands of lightyears in a second. It makes zero sense. They just derped and went "let's just make everything bigger! derp derp!".

I mean, things like the sound in space one can understand or the movies would be boring. But that doesn't give you a green light to do absolutely every impossibly idiotic thing. It breaks the immersion completely.
Honestly, i'm missing the prequals, but i never hated them anyways. I enjoyed the movies, i just don't like prequals cause i already know the ending so it feels like filler. But, those movies were alot more enjoyable for me.

Honestly, at this point i'm just hoping they declare this trilogy as a side-story and just continue the saga with Luke/Leia/Han with new actors. Just like Logan was for the Wolverine character, we could just see this trilogy as a send off to the original characters. But don't make this universe breaking BS canon. I will take the expanded universe over this anyday.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:18 PM   #21
spider-prime

I'm learning so much!
Old 01-27-2018, 08:13 PM   #22
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
It fit like a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire shoved into someone's ass.
don't forget to insert the Lobster first HAHAHA

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:17 PM   #23
FinalSolace2
IRAQ- Please assimilate forget past

I want to see a Star Trek Star Wars crossover with Spock shat out of a Blackhole while smashing into a Death Nebula.

Crowfoot (American Blackfoot Indian Orator) on his deathbed:"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."
FinalSolace2 is offline   Reply With Quote