The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 09-12-2017, 11:46 PM   #1
Rubeus

Okami HD for PS4, Xbox One, and PC launches in December

Quote:
Okami HD for PS4, Xbox One, and PC launches December 12 in North America and Europe

Okami HD will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on December 12 in North America and Europe, Capcom announced. It will cost $19.99 / £15.99 / €19.99.

As announced earlier this morning, the console versions will launch on December 21 and the PC version on December 13 in Japan.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Capcom:

The original game, released to critical and consumer acclaim in 2006, was hailed as one of the most beautiful games ever created, and this latest release with its renowned Sumi-e ink art style is now even more breath-taking as the graphics have been updated to take advantage of modern high resolutions. Okami HD will be compatible with Xbox One X and PS4 Pro whilst featuring stunning 4K graphics on Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and supported PC hardware.

In Okami HD players take on the role of Amaterasu, the Japanese sun goddess who inhabits the form of a legendary white wolf Shiranui on a quest to defeat Orochi, an eight-headed demon and tyrannical monster responsible for turning the world into a ruined wasteland. Players must use Amaterasu’s magical abilities and arsenal of items, attacks and Celestial Brush techniques to restore the land of Nippon to its previous glory full of life and colour. Along the way, Amaterasu will be called upon to help a cast of quirky and intriguing characters and defeat a bevy of brutal enemies to rid the land of Orochi’s curse.

Players will be able to choose between playing in a modern widescreen format or the original 2007 release’s 4:3 ratio. Interactive loading game screens from the original game are also included, allowing players to earn bonus demon fangs which can be traded for in-game items.

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/okami-hd-...america-europe
Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 01:03 AM   #2
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

It's nice that they did a physical version of this, but I have the PS3 version, so I probably won't pick this up right away.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:59 AM   #3
Hagane
Unlucky dog

It's ironic that capcom described this as a consumer aclaimed given how the original studio ended up afterwards and the fact that capcom considers a game that doesn't sell like 1 trillion copys in a year a complete fail.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #4
bujeezus

Did this ever release on the Wii U? I have the PS2 and PS3 versions. Seems like a given for Switch with the painting aspect of the game.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #5
Hagane
Unlucky dog

The Wii got a port and the wii u was retrocompatible. Perhaps the reason why capcom didn't do a hd version was beacuse they didn't want to bother with the hazzle of reworking the control scheme that would fit the wii u gamespad.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:04 PM   #6
RYU

this game become as RE4 port it everywhere
Old 09-16-2017, 04:34 PM   #7
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I have it on ps2 but never really played it. This will give me a reason to finally dive into it.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:07 AM   #8
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
It's ironic that capcom described this as a consumer aclaimed given how the original studio ended up afterwards and the fact that capcom considers a game that doesn't sell like 1 trillion copys in a year a complete fail.
Clover were only really successful when they did Viewtiful Joe and they milked that way to long. Okami and God Hand both flopped badly at the time and that was that.

I played the PS2 original but I've never played it since then so I'll most likely end up grabbing the XB1 version this time. Especially as like DD it a very cheap £16.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:43 PM   #9
bujeezus

Man, I wish they'd update and re-release God Hand.