Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-11-2018, 11:42 PM   #1
Rubeus

Resident Evil 2 Remake officially announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

This is a getter.

Quote:
Resident Evil 2 announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Return to Raccoon City.

Capcom officially announced its Resident Evil 2 remake for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC during Sony Interactive Entertainment’s E3 2018 press conference. It will launch on January 25, 2019.

Here is an overview of the game, via Capcom:

About

The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game. The nightmares return reimagined for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC on January 25, 2019.

In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?

Key Features
  • A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience.
  • A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release.
  • Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD).
  • Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count.
  • Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival.
  • See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie
  • epidemic.
  • Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/06/resident...LiLAoBEk803.99
Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 11:46 PM   #2
Hagane
Unlucky dog

There was a time where I thought capcom would cancel this one after a long time of no information.

Glad they didn't because it's looking good.

Now they're leaving me expecting that they also remake RE 3 Nemesis.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:06 AM   #3
Nem
Smash bro!

No FP = instant buy.

I'm back in.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:13 AM   #4
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Leon looks odd to me. When I first saw him in the trailer I didn't think it was him.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:24 AM   #5
Hagane
Unlucky dog

It's because they made him look more like a noob when in the original was way too serious.

If in the original version the girls didn't listen to him, can you imagine how it's going to make him look on this remake?
Old 06-12-2018, 02:32 AM   #6
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
well it's not the first time, look at what they did to Chris in RE7.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:34 AM   #7
Drunken Savior
El Psy Kongroo!

(Crosses fingers) Please have A and B playthroughs for both Leon and Claire. I'm gonna be a little disappointed if it's just Leon.

[Edit] It's confirmed that there will be both Leon and Claire campaigns!

Games I'm hyped for
The Last of Us Part 2, RE2 Remake, The Last Night

Current Platforms:
PC (i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX 980Ti), Wii U, PS4

Last edited by Drunken Savior; 06-12-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Drunken Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:09 PM   #8
spider-prime

I just hope that Akuma is playable in this one too!
Old 06-12-2018, 10:33 PM   #9
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Here's a few minutes of Leon's gameplay:

Seeing the lightning and Leon holding a lantern reminds me of RE4 prototype video.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:58 PM   #10
Nem
Smash bro!

I know some people will be disappointed that theres no fixed camera angles (i wouldn't be disappointed if it was either), but this is perfectly fine for me. This is what i want RE to be.

As i said, aslong as it isn't FP, i'm in.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:54 AM   #11
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Even though they were both rumored before hand between Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5 it was a great E3 for Capcom. This is the real Resident Evil I've been waiting for years to return since Resident Evil Zero.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:21 AM   #12
Hagane
Unlucky dog

Didn't notice that they leave the bite marks around the neck.

Gives me the impression that it could influence something in the long run or perhaps it's just cosmetics to remind you between cutscenes that you suck at this and the graphics will show all type of damage sustained.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:18 AM   #13
Einhander
The Risen Graphic Whore E-Penis!

Not thrilled at all that this plays like the worst games in the series (4-6).

Hope they release a demo to try.

Alucard - My only mistake was playing it on the PC.

Joe Redifer - I keep buying this shit because my IQ is in the single digits.
Einhander is offline   Reply With Quote