The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > Console Specifics > Microsoft Discussion

Old 08-27-2017, 02:08 AM   #1
Rubeus

Microsoft discontinues the original Xbox One

Click for full size

Quote:
Microsoft discontinues the original Xbox One -- No choice but the slim S or higher-powered X for you latecomers.

Microsoft has stopped selling new Xbox One consoles in the US and UK. Technically, it's listed as "sold out" on the Microsoft Store and doesn't even show up in searches for Xbox systems. It seems the original version of the console that launched in November 2013 has finally been retired; All hail the slimmer S and souped-up X versions.

If you really wanted to, you can still buy a refurbished original Xbox One for $200 on the Microsoft Store, which is $50-$80 cheaper than you can find its replacement, the Xbox One S. Or you can join the horde of psyched users who already preordered a big-but-undisclosed amount of Xbox One X's for $500 and wait for it to launch on November 9th. Either option will arguably look better on your shelf than the original console's odd VCR facade.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/25/...inal-xbox-one/
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 05:32 AM   #2
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Why would you want the older model? Unless for mainly collecting, I don't see the point of getting the first models and perhaps cheaper since most stores will want to get rid of them.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:45 AM   #3
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Yeah I bought as S just as a 4k bluray player. I say this is a smart move and consumer friendly.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #4
spider-prime

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
Only reason I would buy one, but I rather wait, cause we all know the PS5 will probably come out next year that will be MOREEEEE POWERFULLLLLLLLLLL than the Xbox X, cause that's how the dick fighting goes with these companies. But, it will probably for sure have 4k blurays...... or 8k blurays.... lol
Old 08-29-2017, 11:12 AM   #5
BlindMaphisto
DANGER-HUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
Only reason I would buy one, but I rather wait, cause we all know the PS5 will probably come out next year that will be MOREEEEE POWERFULLLLLLLLLLL than the Xbox X, cause that's how the dick fighting goes with these companies. But, it will probably for sure have 4k blurays...... or 8k blurays.... lol
I still can't believe the ps4 doesn't do 4k blurays.
"This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold calculated speech with sinister overtones. A speech about politics, about order, brotherhood, power. But speeches are for campaigning. Now is the time for action."
BlindMaphisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:26 PM   #6
spider-prime

yah, they could have at least put it in for bluray movies, you think they would have since... well you know... it's sony own product of media!