The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-25-2017, 02:10 PM   #1
Rubeus

Secret of Mana 3D remake announced for PS4, PS Vita, and PC

Probably going to get it, maybe after this they will remake Secret of Mana 2 (Seiken Densetsu 3) which never made it here?

Quote:
Secret of Mana 3D remake announced for PS4, PS Vita, and PC -- Due out worldwide on February 15, 2018.

Square Enix has announced a 3D remake of Secret of Mana for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC (Steam). It will launch digitally worldwide on February 15.

The remake will feature high-definition 3D graphics, voice-overs, talk events, and promises to retain the charm of the original while incorporating improvements such as upgraded gameplay and a newly arranged musical score.

Secret of Mana was originally released in 1993. It tells the story of Randi, Primm, and Popoi as they battle a treacherous empire in order to reclaim the power of Mana and bring the world back to order.

Pre-orders from the PlayStation Store will include “Moogle Suit” character costumes for Randi, Primm, and Poppoi, a “Tiger Two-Piece” costume for Primm, “Tiger Suit” costumes for Randi and Popoi, and three PlayStation Network avatars. Pre-orders and first-week purchases from Steam will include the three costumes, as well as a downloadable wallpaper.

In Japan, the PlayStation 4 and PS Vita versions will be released both physically and digitally for 4,800 yen. A collector’s edition including a copy of the game, pop-up book, arranged tracks CD, and Randi, Primm, and Popoi figures will also be available exclusively via the Square Enix e-Store for 13,870 yen. Amazon Japan purchases will include the user’s manual originally included with the 1993 release.

http://www.secretofmanagame.com/
http://www.jp.square-enix.com/seiken2_som/

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/secret-ma...ps4-ps-vita-pc
Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 10:30 PM   #2
Nem
Smash bro!

I love how the Vita keeps getting games despite beeing declared dead years ago.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:48 PM   #3
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

I was excited until I saw $40 and digital only.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:25 AM   #4
Rubeus

How much was Seiken Densetsu 1 Remake on Vita? $14.99? There isn't a lot of quality different between that and Secret of Mana 3D.

Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:18 AM   #5
vainggooch

I am very happy to see it. your picture and your 3d. You told such a good information. I appreciate your effort. Bane Trench Coat
vainggooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:38 PM   #6
SavedFromSin
RAWR!!!

Rubeus, that game was a terrible remake. They didn't fix any of the problems with the original so you can actually get "locked" in a room because you ran out of keys. Thus preventing you from going back or forward in the game.

The above post wasn't checked for: spelling or grammatical errors, comma splices, awkward phrases, run-on sentences, subject-verb agreement, and other errors in the English language.
PSN=MrBear14518 XboxLive=Teaching Bear
SavedFromSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #7
Ernst

This is the kind of game I would buy on the Switch.
Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #8
spider-prime
NOW IN CINEMAPHONIC QUADROVISION!

Location: I hated going to weddings cause all the grandmas would poke me saying "you're next, you're next". They stopped saying that when I did it to them at Funerals.
I've been getting a lot of games on the switch just cause of how portable it is, if both versions are the same tho.
spider-prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:20 AM   #9
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Looks decent. I never did finish the Snes version though.
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:53 AM   #10
SuperAngelo64
Surprise

I can't believe they're selling this for 40 fucking dollars and it doesn't even have online co-op, what a load of horse shit.

Actually, it's Square-Enix so I can believe it.
SuperAngelo64 is offline   Reply With Quote