The MagicBox Forums  

Go Back   The MagicBox Forums > General Topics > General Gaming Discussion

Old 07-26-2017, 01:05 AM   #1
Rubeus

THQ Nordic to announce open-world RPG and new entry in “mysterious & horrific" IP

Quote:
THQ Nordic to announce original open-world RPG and new entry in “mysterious and horrific” IP at Gamescom 2017

THQ Nordic has announced the lineup of games it is bringing to Gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany later next month.

The full list of games includes:
  • Elex – The short breakdown: Journalists and players alike can look forward to playing a near-to-final version of Elex, the open world RPG from Piranha Bytes. Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 17th.
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar – Battle Chasers: Nightwar was nominated for the “Best RPG of E3” award and is shaping up nicely for its multi-platform release on October 3. For the first time, you can get your hands on the game on the Nintendo Switch.
  • SpellForce 3 – The multiplayer beta of SpellForce 3 is now running and has already seen thousands of players contributing providing valuable feedback to the development process. At Gamescom, the focus will be on SpellForce 3’s deep single-player campaign.
  • Aquanox: Deep Descent – First-person underwater shooter Aquanox: Deep Descent will show its campaign for the first time to journalists and players alike.
  • The Guild 3 – For The Guild 3 you cannot only expect to see an improved version and advanced gameplay, but we will also have a surprise announcement to make.
  • Wreckfest – The recently announced cooperation with Bugbear Entertainment for Wreckfest allows the game to make a pit stop at gamescom where it will show off a raft of new content for upcoming updates.

THQ Nordic is also planning two new game announcements:
  • New Announcement #1 – The first new announcement is a brand new original IP. This open world RPG is set in a unique universe and will be a post-apocalyptic kung-fu fable.
  • New Announcement #2 – The second new announcement is a new instalment of a well-known, mysterious and horrific IP.

Gamescom 2017 runs from August 22 to 26.

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/thq-nordi...-gamescom-2017
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 05:25 AM   #2
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Announcement #1 sounds like Fist Of The North Star heh....
Escaflowne2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:43 PM   #3
Sinful Sam
gnarf! gnarf!

I'm guessing this isn't the same THQ that closed down?

STEAM: Sinfulsam
PSN: Sinfulsam
Live Gamertag: Sinful Sam
3DS Code: 1461-6914-4192 (PM me your code if you add me)
Sinful Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:23 PM   #4
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

Nordic Games (A European publisher of western RPGs and other things) brought the THQ name and about 2/3 of their old IPs and are doing Darksiders 3 etc.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:34 PM   #5
bujeezus

Battle Chasers?!? How long has that been around? This is the first time I've heard of it!
Old 07-31-2017, 08:17 PM   #6
Nem
Smash bro!

Impressions on it have been good. It's a classic style RPG.

But it's long since i lost interest in the series. Given how Madureira used to make the longest hiatuses.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:05 PM   #7
bujeezus

I remember starting the series. Still have some of it stashed away in the attic. I didn't know they were making a game based of it though. Preorder is $25?!?
Old 08-03-2017, 03:09 AM   #8
Escaflowne2001
... ... ... ...

I believe it started off as a kickstarter game.